Do you often feel ignored by the outside world?

Page 2 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Variant
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Jul 2010, 6:52 am

druidsbird wrote:
I used to think it was because I'm better than people, like it was just obvious that I'm on a higher plane and the mere mortals cannot possibly understand my godlike musings with their pitiful brains made of meat. :evil:

Spent most of my life thinking that way. Not anymore though, doctors showed up to humble me.

Yes I get ignored all the time, and it doesn't make sense to me, and the getting ignored part hurts as bad as the not understanding why part. I can only take comfort in the idea that there's a separate universe called "Star Wars," and in that universe I make sense. :?

I've thought that way my whole life, and still do. I've written many a poem about how I'm a giant among insects etc. At the same time I try not to be arrogant, but it can be difficult.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 7:00 am

The people who matter listen to me.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

bluelily3
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jul 2010, 11:59 am

When I am walking up and down the streets of my small town, I often feel like I am invisible. Especially with people my age. They don't even nod in my direction when I pass them on the sidewalk. It really makes me feel like a freak. I have been trying my best to actually acknowledge people and say "Hi" to them. I fantasize about meeting new people, but when I actually do, I don't know what to do with the person.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jul 2010, 12:37 pm

When I figure out a problem where I work and its something that everybody has-a piece of equipment that fails and I let everybody know how to fix it should it happen to fail for them and they just go yeah yeah whatever-then it does fail and now they are scrambling to get ahold of me to find out how to fix it--they seem to keep me in a box until they need and answer ,open up the box-get their answer they want then close the box and forget I exist until they need me again.

passionatebach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jul 2010, 1:36 pm

chelischili7 wrote:
I want to know how others feel because I often feel this way. People state opinions that are meaningless or stupid, yet they receive positive responses toward their responses. This occurs not only in everyday life but also on FB. People I know request me to add them and then they will respond to stupid statements like "Popcorn!" but not to interesting articles and quotes. I think this world would be a better place if everyone had their views heard.

This happens to me as well. I will post about a news article or about my activism in my community and few, if nobody seems to listen. Everyone seems to respond to posts about drunkeness and bowel movements (just kidding!), while my intellectual posts go ignored.

My older brother told me it has to do with the fact that people usually only read the first few feeds on Facebook, or they may only read feeds by a few close people. Unless something catches their attention, everything else gets blown off. It might also depend upon the interactions that a person had outside of FB. Maybe two people had a conversation earlier and it spilled over into FB.

What I find more irratating is that when you write something on someone's FB page and they do not respond to you. As an example, my best friend from middle school posted that he involved in a race for cancer awareness, and was looking for contributions and sponsership. Since a number of family members have lost their lives to cancer, I told him about the personal connection and asked where to send money. Never heard a reply out of him, but he has been on FB since.

I have better luck with not being ignored in one on one social situations. I do feel ignored when I am in groups of people though. It often has to do with social dynamics I am told.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jul 2010, 5:49 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I used to feel that way, now i just live my own life, and let people live theirs.

Same here.

The world ignore me and i ignore it back :D

SanityTheorist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2012, 8:41 pm

I used to care...but after being treated like s**t for so long I have become numb to it. There are the occasional people worth confiding in though...why I am a private person.

Currently working on getting in a studio to record my solo album 40+ tracks written.

Chatroom nicks: MetalFluttershy/MetalTwilight/SanityTheorist

outofplace
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 2:39 am

I feel ignored virtually everywhere I go and it bothers me a lot. At work it seems that everyone, even new people, hang out with each other. Me, I have been there for 5 years and no one wants me around. I never get invited places nor asked to join the group. I am 38 years old and have no friends my own age who live in the same state as me. Sometimes it hurts so bad that I want to end my life.

DJFester
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2012, 4:07 am

I can relate to that, and I used to let it bother me a lot. Now I find my own stuff to do, and let the rest of the world go by.

Hopetobe
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Sep 2012, 6:40 am

Yes, I know what you feel, I´m also ignored, on FB, in real life, everywhere.

It seems that I´m pretty ignored even here.

Sagroth
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 6:42 am

Whoa, thread necromancy!

Anyhow, I actually kinda feel the opposite. I think other folks hop into my business far too often for my liking.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 6:50 am

I really dislike it when people ignore my scientific theories and rambles about my favourite topics.

Although I do get taken seriously when I recite the 54 stations from London Waterloo to Weymouth in order, with speed and 100% accuracy, off by heart. Then people notice.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2012, 7:26 am

I don't feel as if I'm "ignored" by the outside world, though sometimes I wish I was, due to my almost crippling social anxiety. On the bright side, I can retreat into my single dorm room for the better part of the day or practically the entire weekend without anyone missing me.

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Jaden
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2012, 7:46 pm

I often feel exactly the same way. As most often on things like FB or other forums, although I've always attributed this to the fact that I'm not that much of an interesting person to begin with. I've done just about everything from videos to comics, but at most all I get is a couple of people that are ever interested at any given time.

MissMoneypenny
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 Sep 2012, 7:20 am

Double lockdown.

People b*tch about you not being social, but they don't make it easy for you to do so when they're not being inclusive.

CrystalStars
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2012, 7:23 am

I've been too busy ignoring the outside world to know whether or not it's been ignoring me.