Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 May 2010, 5:12 pm

I've noticed that the scroll wheel on my optic mouse is not working properly. I tried sliding a piece of paper along the sides of the wheel, and dislodged some lint and such. I also used a Q-tip and cleaned lint out of the bottom. Now I can't scroll at all, using the wheel. Did I break it?

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 9:25 pm

I know with the apple mighty mouse, you're supposed to turn it upside down and rub it vigorously against a microfiber cloth until it works right. It's more difficult that it sounds.

But they do not have me

Exclavius
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2010, 10:13 pm

try switch and contact cleaner or canned air. Though if you don't own a can of either, it might be cheaper to buy a new mouse, cause there's no guarantee that either will work.

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

11 May 2010, 11:03 pm

Exclavius wrote:
try switch and contact cleaner or canned air. Though if you don't own a can of either, it might be cheaper to buy a new mouse, cause there's no guarantee that either will work.

Well, it seems to be working now, for no reason at all. But I am considering a new one, since this one is over a year old, and never been cleaned. It came with my Dell computer, and I have no idea if it's a good one or not. If I knew how to open it, I could try cleaning it on the inside.