yes 31%  31%  [ 10 ]
no 19%  19%  [ 6 ]
no 19%  19%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 32

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 10:33 am

Ah I don't know I think those people who like tall guys clearly haven't met my vertically challenged friend matt. He's always a sure hit fire with the ladies even if it hurts my neck chatting with him face to face

I think he also happens to look like that puppet alf (alien life form) from that old tv show as well, ive never seen him chase or eat cats though.

So yes there are weirdo's out there who have a thing for short guys who resemble ALF. There is hope for shorties out there

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 10:47 am

I'm 5'2'', so this doesn't even present a problem for me because I rarely meet guys that are shorter than me.

rhubarbpluscustard
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Apr 2006, 12:56 pm

Laz wrote:
So yes there are weirdo's out there who have a thing for short guys

I sure do.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 1:12 pm

I prefer the honest girl that says : I hate shorter guys I prefer the taller one than the girl that says : I don't judge ppl according to their height but I prefer to be "towered" by guy (sous-entendu: I pefer just a taller guy)

walk-in-the-rain
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 1:37 pm

I guess I just don't see people basing someone's worth on one physical charisteristic like height or hair. If that was the case than what happens to that relationship if that characteristic was altered - like if someone being tall was so vital to the relationship what if they ended up in a wheelchair and couldn't be tall anymore? However, I do think people who are themselves so preoccupied by perceived flaws tend to think that everyone else operates on the same level.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 2:09 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
Ok call me complex ....but my complexity didn't come from nothing .
I was rejected twice and the reason givin was "u r too short" , " I want a taller guy"

I was rejected many times by girls for a simple dance in a party because they feel embarrassed to dance with shorter guys :?

So girl be honest ....Do YOU PREFER a TALLER GUY?

Well, I'm 5'11". Almost all the men I have dated (with one or two exceptions) have been shorter than I am tall. When I was in high school, where I lived, almost all the guys WERE shorter than I was. On the downside, slow dancing could be complicated. On the up-side, since I didn't used to like to look up anyway, it was easier to keep them in my field of vision while walking down a street with one.

Also in high school, I had a friend who was like 4'9" tall. In high-heeled shoes. Her boyfriend was well over 6' tall. She kept fixing me up with blind double-dates who were closer to her height. We all looked damned odd, I'm sure, walking down the street together.

Whatever, it would be a nice change to look at someone at eye level, I think. But not essential, since I don't do that much eye contact.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 4:24 pm

walk-in-the-rain wrote:
I guess I just don't see people basing someone's worth on one physical charisteristic like height or hair. If that was the case than what happens to that relationship if that characteristic was altered - like if someone being tall was so vital to the relationship what if they ended up in a wheelchair and couldn't be tall anymore? However, I do think people who are themselves so preoccupied by perceived flaws tend to think that everyone else operates on the same level.

very true

pooftis
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Apr 2006, 4:28 pm

My sons dad is 5'4. That is pretty short. I doubt I would find a guy shorter than me for the most part as I am only 5'2 ish. (that ish is important because it means I am ever so slightly taller than 5'2) :)

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 4:31 pm

Nan wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:
I was rejected twice and the reason givin was "u r too short" , " I want a taller guy"

I was rejected many times by girls for a simple dance in a party because they feel embarrassed to dance with shorter guys :?

Well, I'm 5'11". Almost all the men I have dated (with one or two exceptions) have been shorter than I am tall. When I was in high school, where I lived, almost all the guys WERE shorter than I was. On the downside, slow dancing could be complicated. On the up-side, since I didn't used to like to look up anyway, it was easier to keep them in my field of vision while walking down a street with one.

Also in high school, I had a friend who was like 4'9" tall. In high-heeled shoes. Her boyfriend was well over 6' tall. She kept fixing me up with blind double-dates who were closer to her height. We all looked damned odd, I'm sure, walking down the street together.

Whatever, it would be a nice change to look at someone at eye level, I think. But not essential, since I don't do that much eye contact.

Do you know what s ur problem?? YOU CARE OF WHAT PPL THINK ABT U ! !!
If u love a shorter guy then why u care if ppl find u odd or not? ....damn the ppl!! I dated a girl like u before for few weeks and she quit me because she couldn't stand the comments of her female friends about dating a shorter guy in front of us both ( like : "lol , he s nice but isn't too short for u??" or " Oh I excepted that ur mate would be taller" ....."oh u look cute and short hihi :?" )
And you call men shallow and insensible ???? F *** u women! u r the most shallow rude and cruel creatures on earth even the autistic females( whom I didn't expect from them such stupid shallow replies. ...tfeh I am disappointed by u !)

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 7:03 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:
Nan wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:

Do you know what s your problem?? YOU CARE OF WHAT PPL THINK ABT U ! !!
If u love a shorter guy then why u care if ppl find u odd or not? ....damn the ppl!! I dated a girl like u before for few weeks and she quit me because she couldn't stand the comments of her female friends about dating a shorter guy in front of us both ( like : "lol , he s nice but isn't too short for u??" or " Oh I excepted that your mate would be taller" ....."oh u look cute and short hihi :?" )
And you call men shallow and insensible ???? F *** u women! u r the most shallow rude and cruel creatures on earth even the autistic females( whom I didn't expect from them such stupid shallow replies. ...tfeh I am disappointed by u !)

Oh my. Dear, if I cared that much about what people think about me I wouldn't be posting, would I? Perhaps you need to go back and re-read my post again, slowly. We obviously DID look odd - people would comment about it to us. We were an uncommon sight. Like mismatched shoes.

I really didn't like any of those high-school dates. It had nothing to do with their height, as such. It was more about their personalities. They were obnoxiously rude, combative, boastful, defensive and out to prove how studly they were - that they were as good or better than all the rest of the boys. As if that mattered, somehow, to anyone but them. One was a letcherous, raving drunk. He kept pawing at me even though I'd only just met him that afternoon. Another hadn't had a bath in a week - but reeked of bad aftershave. Such fun THAT was (not!).

Why would anyone want to hang around with someone who is unpleasant, insecure, and looking for reasons to lash out, as was the case with those boys? There are other people who are not, people who are much more pleasant to be around - regardless of their altitude. I only went out with those guys as a favor to my friend. I certainly wouldn't have gone looking for them when there are nicer people.

By the way, my ex-husband was about 3 inches shorter than I am, and my daughter's father is shorter than that. :wink: And high school was about 35 years ago.

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 9:54 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
Nan wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:

If u love a shorter guy then why u care if ppl find u odd or not? ....damn the ppl!! I dated a girl like u before for few weeks and she quit me because she couldn't stand the comments of her female friends about dating a shorter guy in front of us both ( like : "lol , he s nice but isn't too short for u??" or " Oh I excepted that your mate would be taller" ....."oh u look cute and short hihi :?" )

I'm beginning to see that it's not just your height that women have found unattractive about you. I know guys my height that have no problems getting dates, so height probably isn't your main problem.

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 12:03 pm

I think that at the same time, guys tend to like shorter girls. I know I do.

neptunevsmars
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 12:30 pm

ELLCIM wrote:
I think that at the same time, guys tend to like shorter girls. I know I do.

Speaking only for myself here, but...nope. The woman I like right now is tiny but I have no particular favourite bodily dimension. It's just that I'm 6'0" - or 183cm - which is not gargantuan for a guy but very few women are taller than that. Mind you I have met some and and I find them attractive.

If I ever had a say in the matter, I'd prefer to have been shorter but with more of a build. Maybe then I'd have better co-ordination on the dancefloor. And women I've only just met wouldn't ask me if I'm eating OK. :roll:

hellznrg wrote:
if this were a sensible world, guys would be wearing high heels, and women would be wearing earth shoes

Well the guys I work with on Saturday nights are doing their part!! :P

You got to ask for it

hellznrg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 4:05 pm

LePetitPrince wrote:

hear hear...! u know what... i don't think that women can be considered to be autistic in the first place since they generally don't have social problems... they "want" to be autistic just so they can feel helpless... they have more like a "it's not my fault, i'm a victim" syndrome.. :P they're just here to torment us... biatches

hellznrg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 4:09 pm

neptunevsmars wrote:

hellznrg wrote:
if this were a sensible world, guys would be wearing high heels, and women would be wearing earth shoes

Well the guys I work with on Saturday nights are doing their part!! :P

LOL :) well i certainly wouldn't ... high heels are terrible for the feet... there's only one sensible woman i met in my whole life, who was against wearing high-heels... didn't get to know her much :( she looked like paris hilton, but with a great personality and cheerful & bouncey.. :)

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 5:02 pm

hellznrg wrote:
LePetitPrince wrote:

hear hear...! u know what... i don't think that women can be considered to be autistic in the first place since they generally don't have social problems... they "want" to be autistic just so they can feel helpless... they have more like a "it's not my fault, i'm a victim" syndrome.. :P they're just here to torment us... biatches

And here I thought you were a nice guy. Guess not.