Social 2
Physical 15
Aural 9
Verbal 10
Solitary 15
Logical 16

zen_mistress wrote:
I cannot express how much I loathe working with my hands

I defiantly have a love hate relationship with working with my hands. Nothing brings me more frustration and anger when I fumble and fail, yet nothing brings me more satisfaction than the things I build.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 7:14 pm

I'm a verbal/auditory learner. Makes sense, because I love reading, talking and listening to music. :D I find it kind of funny that logic was my lowest score.

Visual

Social

Physical

Aural

Verbal

Solitary

Logical

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 7:43 pm

Visual 12
Social 7
Physical 11
Aural 14
Verbal 16
Solitary 11
Logical 10

I SHOULD be verbal; my degree is in English, I do motivational speaking, and I write poetry. I notice my social learning is a lot higher than others on the spectrum, but I learn more by listening to others and hearing their voices, even though I don't socialize with them. When I am alone, I mainly want to walk in circles (that's why I never did homework in K-12) and I don't learn a damned thing.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 8:00 pm

i find it interesting that those of us with higher visual scores almost invariably have posted the graph, while those with higher verbal scores listed the results.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 8:21 pm

I'm sort of surprised at the results.

Since starting college last fall, I've learned that I am not an auditory learner. Listening to lectures is like in one ear and out the other. I learn from being hands on/trying something for myself, and sometimes I can learn something visually. I like to see something done a few times to understand it, but have it written down (both an explanation and an example) so I can try it myself later. I'm sort of still figuring out how I learn.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 9:47 pm

I hate how I always get equal results in several categories. It's like I don't have a definite learning style. Which might be a good thing, because I can learn through several pathways well.

Visual 5
Social 16
Physical 13
Aural 15
Verbal 16
Solitary 6
Logical 11

Being a social learner while finding it difficult to socialize is also quite unfortunate.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

12 May 2010, 10:11 pm

Style Scores
Visual

Social

Physical

Aural

Verbal

Solitary

Logical

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

justMax
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 12:38 am

Visual 17

Social 6

Physical 15

Aural 9

Verbal 13

Solitary 16

Logical 16

I agree it is funny how many heavily visual learners posted the graphs.

Regarding the social part, I think the only social answer I had was that I like to teach/mentor others, but that is due to being the oldest brother for six girls, and learning through teaching, not socialization itself.

cthulukitty
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 May 2010, 9:41 am

I didn't initially realize that so many people would post their full results. I did this yesterday and then again today. There are some slight differences, but the overall pattern remains consistent.

Visual 13
Social 16
Physical 10
Aural 20
Verbal 18
Solitary 16
Logical 20

I think that my physical and social scores are a little artificially high due to the way the questions are asked, and also because the test is not sensitive to the autism spectrum. I really enjoy talking to people, and do quite a good job of articulating my ideas, but I miss all sorts of social cues all the time. Similarly, I am pretty much constantly fidgeting or pacing, but I'm quite poor at sports or manual work.

OddDuckNash99
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 12:15 pm

Here are my results:
Visual

Social

Physical

Aural

Verbal

Solitary

Logical
---
I'm a very visual learner... But only with pictures/diagrams and words. My visual score is low, because I have severe spatial deficits due to NVLD. I'm a very poor physical/kinesthetic and social learner, but almost all of the statements on that quiz applied to me, so that's why there isn't a clear-cut weak spot in my scores. But in summary, verbal learning is indeed my strength.
-OddDuckNash99-

Nash: Is there a difference?

Lisac57
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

13 May 2010, 5:12 pm

Gorblimey, do we have a Swede in our midst? If so there are two of us (Din sol Din himmel Dina ängder grööööna).

I do not relate well to the factorial analysis, I've done several tests and the results were quite varied. The big thing my way is when things make sense, when I can see what I experience as a Reason for whatever. Once arrived at the graceful state of Aha, what I've learned stays mine. And in pursuit of the Aha, I can take any of a great many ways. I like listening, visualising and above all, trying to explain stuff to my imaginary friend (who is dense beyond belief), once I can do that, whatever is in the bag. Not much of a strategy, more of an opportunism.

Oh well,

J

TPE2
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 6:04 pm

Style Scores

Visual

Social

Physical

Aural

Verbal

Solitary

Logical

S-P-M-E
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

13 May 2010, 9:36 pm

"What is your primary learning style?
Visual-Spatial
Auditory-Sequential
Physical-Kinesthetic"

I appear to be none of the above:

Visual

Social
Physical

Aural

Verbal
Solitary
Logical

The test is flawed where I'm concerned because they assume that someone who uses logic likes games ("You like logic games and brainteasers. You like chess and other strategy games."), micromanagement ("You put together itineraries and agendas for travel. You put together detailed lists, such as to-do lists, and you number and prioritise them."), and #'s ("You enjoy finding relationships between numbers and objects. You like to categorise or group things to help you understand the relationships between them.") and I don't, but logic is nevertheless the most central aspect of how my brain works.

In a rational world, those who act in rational ways would be considered normal, and those who act in irrational ways that they somehow decided were "right" would be the freaks.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 10:41 pm

According to the test Im more of a solitary auditory learner....strange because Im very visual and I usually have to put my hands on something to learn it. I guess I do use rhymes and songs to remember things though.

devark
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 May 2010, 12:23 am

Neat test, although primarily I learn best through visualizing, seeing patterns, rhythm, ect...

Visual 9

Social 2

Physical 6

Aural 12

Verbal 7

Solitary 15

Logical 15

Persephone
Butterfly
Butterfly

14 May 2010, 9:34 am

I'm verbal/solitary in equal measures, with aural running a close third. The very low visual score makes sense, but I'm a bit surprised about the logical style score, which I'd expected to be a bit higher. Otherwise, I'd say this fits very well.

Style Scores
Visual: 4
Social: 13
Physical: 10
Aural: 17
Verbal: 18
Solitary: 18
Logical: 7

NLD undiagnosed but fits like a glove.

Last edited by Persephone on 14 May 2010, 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.