Page 4 of 4 [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Asperger96
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2013, 2:39 pm

I don't like Sheldon mostly because he portrays himself as AS.

If my mother compares me to him one more time, it will be a big fight.

leafplant
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2013, 3:45 pm

I thought the latest episode was brilliant. It was like someone did a re-enactment of the L&D forum. :lol:

redfames
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Nov 2013, 4:21 pm

I find it so annoying that Sheldon keeps banging on Penny's door nonstop going " Penny, Penny, Penny"

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Nov 2013, 5:31 pm

redfames wrote:
I find it so annoying that Sheldon keeps banging on Penny's door nonstop going " Penny, Penny, Penny"

When I was a kid, I used to be a chronic doorbell ringer - not that much different from Sheldon's knocking.

LaPelirroja
Raven
Raven

24 Nov 2013, 6:18 am

In my opinion, the show has been quite helpful in terms of increasing awareness of ASD. It's very popular, and really, so is Sheldon himself. So many people know OF autism, but they aren't familiar with the symptoms. If this somewhat stereotypical portrayal of it is many people's introduction to Asperger's, I say so be it.

And no, it's never stated outright that he has it, but at this point, is it really necessary? We all know it to be the case.

cleverintrovert316
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

24 Nov 2013, 11:31 am

To be perfectly frank, I love Sheldon. I have high functioning autism (would be considered AS if diagnosed now), and I'm not offended by him. His antics are similar to mine, albeit on the extreme side. For example, I have a routine that if destroyed, I'll be really upset. Also, I can be immersed in things and lose sight of my surroundings.

I read that Jim Parsons thinks Sheldon has ASD, and I couldn't agree more. I think it's awesome that there's a relatable character on the show!

micfranklin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2013, 10:32 pm

cleverintrovert316 wrote:
To be perfectly frank, I love Sheldon. I have high functioning autism (would be considered AS if diagnosed now), and I'm not offended by him. His antics are similar to mine, albeit on the extreme side. For example, I have a routine that if destroyed, I'll be really upset. Also, I can be immersed in things and lose sight of my surroundings.

I read that Jim Parsons thinks Sheldon has ASD, and I couldn't agree more. I think it's awesome that there's a relatable character on the show!

There's a ton of Google links that are directed solely for this idea on if Sheldon is an Aspie.

http://learningneverstops.wordpress.com ... oster-boy/