Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 7:32 am

Anyone know if there is a WP iPhone app being developed?

Twitter has scores and Linkedin has ONE.

It would be great to have WP on my iPhone.

ps...........hope this doesn't get 'moved' and marginalised to the computer/IT forum........... :arrow:

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 7:52 am

No, there isn't an app for WP, I'm also on my iPod touch and using the college wifi and so far it doesn't seem to sound like there is one.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 9:12 am

superboyian wrote:
No, there isn't an app for WP, I'm also on my iPod touch and using the college wifi and so far it doesn't seem to sound like there is one.

Hello Ian

Yeh, well LinkedIn has 65m members and WP has about 30,000............... :arrow:

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 10:52 am

There is an app for WP, it's called Safari. Just open Safari on your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad, and type "www.wrongplanet.net" into the URL bar. It's what I do :roll:

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

13 May 2010, 11:00 pm

Thought a web browser would work, or even a bookmark as an icon, a WP dedicated app would be cool in a nerdy, useless sort of way.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 1:14 am

Apple_in_my_Eye wrote:
Thought a web browser would work, or even a bookmark as an icon, a WP dedicated app would be cool in a nerdy, useless sort of way.

The nice thing about iPhone 'apps' is that it (can) make it easier to use than the website.

I get frustrated with the scrolling and zooming and trying to remember which part of the page and how to get back and.............. :roll:

I have eliminated some of the frustration by 'bookmarking' WP :roll:

Perhaps :?: that's why people develop iPhone apps for platforms that can be accessed via Safari on a website :?: :roll: :arrow:

The LinkedIn iPhone 'app' is a great point and shoot way of accessing LinkedIn.

I also find Skype infinitely easier to use on my iPhone as an iPhone app, but that's just me :D

I agree that a WP iPhone app would be cool...........maybe we could PM Alex and see if there are any plans for this>>>>>>?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 5:07 pm

If they come up with one, I'm buying an iPhone. 8)

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2010, 1:30 am

CockneyRebel wrote:

Hi Cockney :D

That will probably be the next version of the iPhone! due out in the next few months.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 5:57 pm

Blindspot149 wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Hi Cockney :D

That will probably be the next version of the iPhone! due out in the next few months.

Yes, the iPhone 4G and I cannot wait to get the 4G updates for my iPod Touch so I'm already pretty excited about the release. :D

@CockneyRebel - I doubt the WP software would be able to make a iPhone version due to the fact that forum software is pretty old as far as 6 years old now. :lol: