are these aspergers symptoms or something else?

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 May 2010, 7:19 pm

Some days I wonder if the psychologists are accurate with my evaluation results or not, or are that many doctors wrong. By that I mean they think I have some kind of psychotic disorder as well but I cant really tell although at the same time I know that most people who have psychosis are unaware of their symptoms. I will go ahead and explain what I can recognize in myself. I can recognize all the aspergers symptoms easily. (difficulty understanding facial expressions/social cues, obsessive intrests, I repete myself several times within a conversation, clumsiness, alexithymia "it seems many aspies dont have this although according to wikipedia it overlaps with 80% of people with autism spectum disorders" Im always moving my hands, I have to do everything a certain way and dont like people doing things for me or touching my stuff, theres other stuff too but Im not going to list it all.) I also have all the symptoms of adhd to at least some extent. Most the inattentive symptoms are severe. ADHD overlaps with autism frequently. The only thing I do non aspie is I have no trouble making eye contact and I have learned to socialize better through experience. So anyways heres the things that I am not quite sure what they are due to. I have a derealization preception of things. Its not stress induced and I dont have epilepsy. I also have episodes where my cognative functioning gets much worse. I have visual illusions where I see distortions in things but never full on visual hallucinations although I do have occasional auditory hallucinations. They dont bother me though. I dont know if these are experiences most people get or not though. A lot of people tell me Im delusional but I think I just am more in tune with things people dont know about. If you read some of my other posts you can learn more about my beliefs and experiences. Im not going to write it all down. I do have a sleep disorder that was confirmed by a sleep study that can cause hypnogogic hallucinations and illusions and they are much more frequent when Im really tired but they are there when I am fully awake sometimes as well. I dont know if I get manic episodes or if the adhd symptoms just get worse sometimes either. My vision also has a persistant staticy feild like Im viewing through a tv screen but its very mild. So anyways what Im wondering is, does this sound like psychosis, stuff that normally comes with aspergers/autism, or stuff everyone experiences. The only one of these symptoms that bothers me is the cognative problems. The rest doesnt bother me whatsoever. Ive just become curious if doctors are being right that I am psychotic, or if I have being misdiagnosed several times. Personally I think these symptoms sound more like schizotypal, like other people have said on here before although the defination says that there are no episodes and I am very aware that sometimes my cognative functioning fluxuates.