What is your LATEST obsession/special interest

Page 29 of 30 [ 472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

bumble
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 3:30 pm

The BSc in health sciences I am doing. It is presently the only thing I am interested in and I have attacked it with my usual level of passion/obsession lol

ewoody
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Nov 2011, 5:11 pm

Music...

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 7:58 pm

I'm starting to get back into my old special interest in the two anime Hellsing and Trinity Blood again. Hard to believe it's been 5 years since I first became obsessed with them (3 years of actively obsessing over them and 2 years of focusing on other obsessions).

Not sure how long it'll last this time around, but don't be surprised if you start seeing my pony avatars being replaced by pictures of Alucard or Abel Nightroad. Not that my My Little Pony obsession is over - oh no, far from it - it's just that sometimes I like to give my other obsessions a turn. :)

AdamDZ
Toucan
Toucan

22 Nov 2011, 8:43 am

I’m obsessed with cooling fans. I have closet full of them. I often replace them in all my computers just because I want to. I remove fans from discarded equipment, clean them up and just run them for the pleasure of watching them run. I didn’t really realize that until a coworker brought me a bunch of used fans and said: “Here, I know you like these.”

Also, for the last month or so, I have been only reading about AS since I learned about it and realized that I may actually have it and it explains a lot about the way feel and they way I am. I'm also scheduled for testing too, but I want to know all I can about AS.

Nisse
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Nov 2011, 9:46 am

My obsession right now is chassis dynos and everything about tuning car engines. How the fuel, ignition, boost pressure and cam angle all works to make power. How the dyno holds the load and measures the torque and RPM to calculate the power. The sensors on the engine, what they do and how they work. To bad (or equally good) there isn't anyone around with a dyno, or i'd harass them all day long, i guess. :)

This is one of those obsessions i fall back on from time to time. All of a sudden i find something else to obsess with, sticking with that for a while and then loose interest and fall back on this... Strange.

Not very interested in cars otherwise. If i'd run a flat tire i may be able to fix it... But just maybe. But if my ecu would give up, i'd probably build a new one (megasquirt) and be happy for the opportunity! That qualifys me as an aspie, right? :D

Ragtime
Veteran
Veteran

22 Nov 2011, 10:13 am

Getting back into tennis now. I played it as a child and teen, and it seems like a good inexpensive physical activity to occupy my free time with.

Emiliania
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Nov 2011, 3:47 pm

Playing Lego Harry Potter on PS3. First it was the years 1-4 game, but years 5-7 came out a few weeks ago. The past two weekends, I played it ~7 hours a day :D

BasilofBakerStreet
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Nov 2011, 9:00 pm

Right now it's on Fantasia. Not only do I own the film on blu-ray and DVD, but I just ordered a rare VHS collector's edtion, and I also have the ultra rare 1982 digital re-recording conducted by Iwrin Kostal. It's honestly my favorite movie of all time!

TheAbyss
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

23 Nov 2011, 4:09 am

Archery. Specifically, self-made stuff; arrows, bow, bowstring and whatnot made from materials in my backyard. I've been using a jigsaw though, so that's kinda cheating compared to using just an axe, knife, chisel and sandpaper.

I've made a dozen arrows sans fletching (they shoot fine without such, so it's more for looks than anything if I were to add them), and I'm about finished a flatbow that pulls around 60 pounds (just need to add fittings). I'm experimenting with different materials for the bowstring.

With a commercial sting, said flatbow + arrows shoot well.

It's a quiet, productive, and asocial as you want, interest.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

24 Nov 2011, 10:58 am

My latest special interest is ADD/ADHD which may be far more of an impairment to my quality of life that Aspergers!

AlexWelshman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Nov 2011, 11:44 am

Star Wars & Autism.

Guineapigged
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Nov 2011, 11:54 am

Victorious (a Nickelodeon tween-com). I really don't know why. Nickelodeon seems to be a recurring theme for me, though; my longest lasting and most prominant interest is Spongebob Squarepants, so through that I become aware of other Nick shows.

NZaspiegirl016
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Nov 2011, 7:46 pm

Still obsessed with Survivor, still obsessed with palindromes, and now kinda sorta obsessed with Asperger's. :)

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Nov 2011, 9:31 pm

I am a church organist---so therefore I have loved organs since I was a child. I currently have 3 Hammond console organs. But I have always loved the old theatre pipe organs such as the Wurlitzers. There have been several electronic organs that mimic the theatre pipe organs. These theatre electronic organs fascinate me. The one that most fascinates me is the 1970s Wurlitzer 950 TA pictured below. A choir teacher I know contacted me yesterday offering to sell me her Wurlitzer 950 TA. I thought I would never see one of these for real---and figured if I ever wanted one I would have to search for one---and here one comes to me without me asking. I am looking at it tomorrow morning.

[img][800:960]http://www.prestigepianos.uniquewebcreations.com/media/23024/950ta1.jpg[/img]

MrJosh
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 Nov 2011, 10:12 pm

glider18 wrote:
I am a church organist---so therefore I have loved organs since I was a child. I currently have 3 Hammond console organs. But I have always loved the old theatre pipe organs such as the Wurlitzers. There have been several electronic organs that mimic the theatre pipe organs. These theatre electronic organs fascinate me. The one that most fascinates me is the 1970s Wurlitzer 950 TA pictured below. A choir teacher I know contacted me yesterday offering to sell me her Wurlitzer 950 TA. I thought I would never see one of these for real---and figured if I ever wanted one I would have to search for one---and here one comes to me without me asking. I am looking at it tomorrow morning.

[img][800:960]http://www.prestigepianos.uniquewebcreations.com/media/23024/950ta1.jpg[/img]

Wow, that Organ is amazing, really nice design. :D

cooldryplace
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Nov 2011, 11:23 pm

American Horror Story, for some reason