Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 2:49 pm

Okay this was a good 5 years ago when I was 15. Anyway I was waiting to go on a school field trip up into the city with my art class (we were going to an art gallery). Waiting for the bus I was standing apart a bit from other people and this girl who i already knew that has a reputation for being a bit nossey said to me "Come on James and join in with everyone else" this got me a bit annoyed and I said to her without shouting "Is it any of your buissness what I do?"

I feel very guilty for doing this but because I have semantic pragmantic language disorder on the autisim spectrum I can appear withdrawn sometimes.

I am very sorry for what I did but do you think I did the wrong thing? Would you have done the same in my situation?

Additional Details
When I said it to her she whispered to a friend and stared at me for a bit like she was scared of me.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 3:13 pm

That was a long time ago; chances are she forgot all about it by now. She might not even remember who you are anymore. Just use that experience for future reference: when someone invites you to join in, you could be a little kinder in refusing, saying something like "no thank you" instead of asking them if it's any of their business.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 4:06 pm

She has gone of to unversity. But last time we spoke in 2008 we got along very well.

After what happened she did not speak to me for about 6 months and then started being friendly again.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 4:13 pm

Data: "Heh heh!"
Jordie: "Data, what's so funny?"
Data: "I get it! I get it! HA HA HA HA HA!"
Jordie: "You get what Data?"
Data: "During the Farpoint Mission, when you said to Cmdr. Riker, 'The clown can stay, but the Ferengi in the gorilla suit has to go,' HA HA HA!"
Jordie: "Farpoint... Data, that was... 7 years ago!"
Data: "I know! I just got it! Verrrrry funny Jordie!"

We are all Data.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2010, 10:05 pm

I feel guilty about things that I've done, years ago.

syzygyish
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 8:45 am

Jamesy wrote:
She has gone off to university. But last time we spoke in 2008 we got along very well.

After what happened she did not speak to me for about 6 months and then started being friendly again.

She has gotten over it,
but you have not

She has let go,
but you have not

My friend, in this life, you are going to face a million situations like this:
the millions of situations are the people that you meet
their complexity and diversity and complexity are just something
that you can choose to be completely dumb-founded by and reject
or to be completely amazed by and accept

Vanilla_Slice
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 9:56 am

No worries mate, just forget about what happened and move on.

Vanilla_Slice

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2010, 7:34 pm

I feel extremely guilty about things that have happened years ago. I find I have a hard time forgetting. And not just things I've done, but I still feel resentful for things other people have done to me.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2010, 8:20 pm

Im like that too and I hate it...its very annoying. Some things I just cant let go!

ALacount
Toucan
Toucan

21 May 2010, 5:22 pm

I congratulate you!
When I usually talk to people I don't know very well... I usually just mumble incoherently (Much to their annoyance) however teh other day, a girl who has been very iritating in the past started to say some stupid comment as I walked past... so I simply said `eff off` (without the polite alterations to the first word) about 7 seconds later she realised..... By witch teim I was smirking a distance away!

TheDeviantOne
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 May 2010, 7:10 pm

It may not have been the nicest thing to say, but how was it wrong? It wasn't her business and you expressed it in a way that didn't sound ruder than what it could have been. Sometimes people just need to get told stuff in a blunt way to get the point across, even if they don't like it.

That's not to say I never felt guilty about things I have said or done from years ago.

The Internet; human stupidity at its finest...