Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

LFO
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2010, 4:26 pm

In my opinion Richard is a genius. I love the way his songs are arranged! Seriously, hes my favorite artist of all time.

skysaw
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2010, 5:37 pm

LFO wrote:
In my opinion Richard is a genius. I love the way his songs are arranged! Seriously, hes my favorite artist of all time.

Are you named after Richard James's label-mates, the group LFO (Low Frequency Oscillation)? :)

I really like the Aphex Twin too. I probably listen to his music more than anyone else's after Brian Eno.

My favourite tracks are probably On, Polynomial-C, Digeridoo, 4 and most of the stuff from the second ambient album.

Overkill
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 May 2010, 7:20 pm

I don't usually like Aphex Twin, but I really like the album Selected Ambient Works Vol. 2. It's what got me interested in ambient music.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2010, 7:39 pm

Not bad is he? I like the aforementioned SAW and On, the Analogue Bubblebath stuff and the Polygon Window lp. I loved the Richard D. James album. I can't say I'm an Aphex nerd, I'm just a dilettante.

LFO
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2010, 11:42 pm

skysaw wrote:
LFO wrote:

Are you named after Richard James's label-mates, the group LFO (Low Frequency Oscillation)? :)

I really like the Aphex Twin too. I probably listen to his music more than anyone else's after Brian Eno.

My favourite tracks are probably On, Polynomial-C, Digeridoo, 4 and most of the stuff from the second ambient album.

Hell yeah :P

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpZVPSCv79U[/youtube]

Freaking robo techno :D

cthulukitty
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

17 May 2010, 10:11 am

RDJ qualifies as a genius in my book. My top 3 are Windowlicker, vordhosbn, and Come to Daddy.
Funny that LFO turned out to be a reference to an AT side project. I assumed it was just Low Frequency Oscillator, as in the kind you get on a synth.

You guys might like my music too: www.virb.com/comressionfracture

Comments appreciated.