Page 1 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Aspie-B
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2010, 9:34 pm

I remember when I was 12 (or younger) the local neighborhood pot smoker was accusing me of being on pot. He said he could see it in my eyes. I just kept telling him over and over I don't smoke pot. I don't think he ever believed me.

About 5 years ago someone at my work asked me if I knew where I could get some pot. He claimed his wife had a back problem and thought it would help her. I just said no, and maybe you could ask so and so. You have to understand at that time, I didn't know I had Aspergers, and I didn't "connect the dots" to see that he was subtly trying to see if I was on pot or not. After the fact I realize that he has plenty of access to Pot, for example his sister in law is on medical marijuana.

And I remember telling my wife about a "strange" cousin of mine. I told her, I think she must be on pot, because she is just so strange and goofy. She is always making weird faces and laughing for no reason. Now I think she also has Aspergers.

I have another cousin that is "slow" and when I asked, about 15 years ago, why he was "slow", everyone claims that he was normal but someone spiked his drink with LSD or whatever and he got permanently buzzed for life. Now I think he just looks like he has some form of high functioning Autism.

So I just wonder if people think, accuse, or indicate, that you are on drugs?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2010, 9:44 pm

No.

DaWalker
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2010, 9:47 pm

Some people think I Should be! :?

Mutt
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 May 2010, 9:48 pm

Yeah. When school year started, my classmates were constantly asking me about drugs, if I had taken any, or if I knew where to get them. I just stare at them, and stutter something. Now that you mention it, however, kinda see the connection.

dyingofpoetry
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2010, 9:58 pm

Not anymore, but when I was in high school I was accused of being stoned all the time by some of my acquaintances. Even one of my teachers insinuated it. It annoyed the hell out of me because I didn't touch pot or anything else.

I didn't realize at the time that I probably did appear to be on SOMETHING, as I often zoned out, had trouble speaking properly, and was inappropriate with my responses to others. I was a complete teetotaller though! :x

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 May 2010, 10:04 pm

Lots of people used to assume I was on drugs when I was younger. I have a tremor disorder so some people thought my shaking was because of that. I may have bad ADHD, I find odd things really funny, I get confused easily at times,I day-dream a lot, I spend a lot of time in my room by myself, I'm kind of lazy & unmotivated in life by things that most people are, I'm also kind of liberal & I like stonner movies & music. I fit the stereotypical profile of a pot-head except I'm actually straight-edge. A few years ago most of my friends wer pot-heads &/or other drug/alcohol issues. We had lots of weird stuff in common but I know drugs are NOT for me

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2010, 10:30 pm

Well i sorta am on drugs...prescribed drugs....but as early as 4th grade, I was accused of being on drugs...just because I was weird and awkward pasty with dark circles under my eyes...A classmate told me that her grandmother told her that she should not associate with me because I seemed like I was on drugs.
In high school, during the brief stint that my sister and I attended the same school, she would always accuse me of wandering around looking like I was on drugs...she would tell this to my parents...I was a fairly good kid..I had joined a band...I was surrounded by people in their 20's who drank and smoked pot...etc....and I had been exposed to it and had tried it.....but I behaved during the school year...because I needed to be at full capacity in order to function in school.

I have been accused of sounding like I was "stoned" on the phone with customers because I have a funny voice and I was making an effort not to stutter....

People have said that they wanted to smoke what I was smoking....but I really don't smoke anything...

Fo-Rum
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 May 2010, 10:59 pm

My grandmother thought I was on drugs, but she didn't bring it up with me directly. Heck, I didn't have my first drink until 23 years of age let alone mess around with anything else.

SuperTrouper
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2010, 11:01 pm

Been told that I would likely become psychotic in adulthood (by a therapist who didn' tknow ASDs), but never that I was on drugs. That would be really frustrating, though, eh?

matt
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2010, 11:05 pm

Some people have, but I've never used any illegal drugs and don't even smoke cigarettes or drink alcohol and almost never drink caffeine.

For example, some pot smokers offered to buy me as much marijuana as I would want because they said that I seemed stoned when I wasn't and they wanted to see if I behaved like a normal person if I was stoned.

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 May 2010, 11:08 pm

I get accused of being drunk more often than high. However I have been accused of being high. People have made comments of me being stoned, on acid, and high on meth before. I highschool someone told me one of the teachers said something along the lines of "Carl needs to lay off the acid." I was even sent to an alternative highschool where everyone was on drugs. I dont know if this was because they thought I was on drugs, but I also had my backpack searched for drugs a few times. I have also been pulled over by the police while driving and been had my car searched as well as having to take drunk tests. Whats funny is whenever Ive smoked pot before and nobody could tell I was high.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

16 May 2010, 11:22 pm

Yes, a lot. I recently found out that my daughter's friends told her that I "look like a ret*d on drugs". They said it had something to do with my spaciness. :?: I've really never even spoken to them much, so I was confused as to how they'd come that conclusion.

LFO
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

16 May 2010, 11:51 pm

People have accused me of doing speed, because I talk all the time, and I'm full of energy. But thats my ADHD/Aspergers :?

Technikilor
Toucan
Toucan

16 May 2010, 11:54 pm

I act like I'm on drugs occasionally, but I've never been accused of it.

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2010, 12:14 am

All the time. Some people seem more worried that maybe I stopped taking drugs. :lmao:

nanoda
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 May 2010, 12:15 am

People have made fun of me for looking "high" and I suspect that they think I am "high" often. The worst part is that random strangers and even teachers have been vocal about.it. I suspect now that lots of people just assume that about me and I deal with it. I don't touch any drugs, not even alcohol. I also rarely take prescription drugs. The only conclusion I've come to is that it seems to be something in my eyes, maybe the "aspie eyes" thing.

Edit: I forgot to mention that one of the few situations with people that I've recently had conversations with was a group of obvious druggies. I didn't actually realize it until after a few times, but I assumed the whole time that they thought I was one of them.