Page 1 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 10:15 pm

Who is a big fan of Adult Swim? I have the following shows on DVD in box sets: Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Robot Chicken, Mission Hill, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, and the Oblongs.

Plus I recorded Squidbillies, 12 oz. Mouse, Boondocks, Samurai Champloo, Cowboy Bebop (I also have the Cowboy Bebop Movie), Stroker and Hoop, Venture Bros., Moral Orel, and Minoriteam from TV

Futurama, Family Guy, and American Dad don't count because they air(ed) on Fox.

Tim

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 10:33 pm

I have a lot to catch up on with Adult Swim, but yeah, I'm a huge fan. Aqua Teen, Mission Hill, Harvey Birdman, and the one that started it all, Space Ghost, are my faves. I hope they get a deal to air The Fuccons - they'd fit right in.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2006, 10:49 pm

adult swim is brilliant 8)

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 6:16 am

I woodnt relly say you can be a fan of a channel, only the shows ON that channel.

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 9:58 am

Adult Swim is a set of shows on a channel. And yes, you can like a channel for its programs.

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 1:49 pm

Exactly, a set of shows, not a show. You can like all the shows ON Adult Swim, but unless the reason you like them is because there on Adult Swim (and you agree that wood be kinda sad, no?) then its not Adult Swim itself that you like.

<a href=http://s13.invisionfree.com/the_project>Project Legacy, building the future</a>

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 2:24 pm

Let's twist it a little more: "I like Adult Swim because of its programs." Which is not to say that I wouldn't like Aqua Teen if it weren't on Swim. It's a good show in a nice package. You can like the shows themselves or the entire package. Take your pick, individually or collectively.

Now, how about a little varnish for that wood so it doesn't look so sad?

Assassin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2006, 2:53 pm

lol

Hunter4242
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Apr 2006, 1:41 am

Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Number One in the Hood G!

neptunevsmars
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 8:34 am

The only Adult Swim I've heard of before is (was?) an indie record label. The one that Girls Against Boys first recorded on...that's why I checked this thread.

You got to ask for it

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 10:31 pm

I like ATHF. My favorite character is Meatwad (I can talk like him, too.)

Tim

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 11:02 pm

Meatwad's voice is very hard to reproduce naturally. I can just about do it. I've wondered whether what you hear on the show is natural or digitally enhanced.

Seigneur
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Apr 2006, 12:13 am

Am I the only one who absolutely hates Aquateens? :? It's just not funny.

My favorite is Venture Bros. and Robot Chicken. And Moral Orel. I might be forgetting one.

Minoriteam pretty much sucks. I don't like the animation, and the characters are stereotypes from the 50's. I can't find 50's jokes funny.

Harvery Birdman, Sealab... I'll watch them but not particularly enjoy them.

Space
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2006, 1:33 am

a lot of adult swim shows aren't so much great shows as they are just so weird and satire-ish that you have to laugh at it... In canada we don't have cartoon network, but we get some of the shows in sydication on cable. Home movies is another good show that noone mentioned.

jellynail
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 May 2006, 10:26 am

I work at the front desk of a hotel, and something HAS to be on TV all night. That's why I'm so grateful for Adult Swim on the night shift, which is occasionally brilliant and, until lately, always at least tolerable. But what are they trying to prove with the Saved By the Bell reruns? I actually had to switch to David Spade's show because of this sadistic little experiment.

For the record, my three favorite shows at the moment are Boondocks, Venture Brothers and Futurama. And I miss Paranoia Agent.

http://jellynail.vox.com/

Sorce
Veteran
Veteran

05 May 2006, 11:55 am

jellynail wrote:
I work at the front desk of a hotel, and something HAS to be on TV all night. That's why I'm so grateful for Adult Swim on the night shift, which is occasionally brilliant and, until lately, always at least tolerable. But what are they trying to prove with the Saved By the Bell reruns? I actually had to switch to David Spade's show because of this sadistic little experiment.

For the record, my three favorite shows at the moment are Boondocks, Venture Brothers and Futurama. And I miss Paranoia Agent.

I have no idea why they did that. I know AS likes screwing with their viewers, but this is making them lose some viewers during the night. They can do other pranks but why do something that loses viewers?