Page 4 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

23 May 2010, 3:45 pm

lol ya, the NYT pretty much admits they have no real information linking Kim to the attack it's just being speculated based what they/their sources know on the North's military structure. I do sorta doubt the rogue commander theory though since North Korea doesn't seem like a regime that would take to kindly to that sorta thing at least the way you're wording it.

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 4:09 pm

All right, you win, forcible Korean reunification is impractical. I remain skeptical about whether North Korea is currently nuclear-capable, though, so there is relatively little risk of some rogue commander going nuclear.

Still, the fact remains that South Korea has been attacked, and they are our ally. If the North launches an invasion, then of course we will help the South to win the war. If the South responds to this recent attack and it escalates to war, then we should still back them.

I do think the Korean Peninsula will be reunited eventually. The North cannot continue in the same way forever; eventually they will collapse.