Other people trying to tell you how to see things.

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 8:25 pm

I do consider what people say, but I have little patience for those who try to project their social insecurities on me because I don't meet their standards of social acceptability.

For example, those people who don't want you to speak up in a group because THEY have a fear of speaking up in a group.[/quote]

That sounds kind of co-dependant to me, like they don't know where they end and you begin.

I'm a very mommish person and have a terrible habit of momming the people I love, but it's usually more like "don't you think a sweater is a good idea?" not serious life choices. Being short, dowdy, and with a genial nature most people take it for what it is. If someone tells me their problems they do run a pretty high risk at being told how to fix or avoid them. I mean, if you come to me complaining about how you can't pay your university fees and the financial aid isn't enough, and then tell me about the great new fancy car you just bought, don't expect me to not point out that maybe paying your bills before making luxury purchases is a better plan. I figure if they want me to listen, it's not fair to not allow me to point out the obvious. It's also a great way to get people to stop telling me that stuff if they aren't willing to work on it.

Kat15
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 9:03 pm

I am the same way, when I was little about 7 or 8 we lived in a big city with homeless people on the street begging for money. I usually had about $5 at the most and I would tell my mom to stop and give it to the homeless man/woman because I felt so bad for them, and ocasionaly after i gave it to them my older sister would tell me most of them are drug addicts/alcoholics and I should not give it to them, I learned to give them leftover food I had instead though. But it was kinda annoying when they said that.

I think that if helping people makes you happy you should do it all you want. You seem like a very good person.

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 10:41 am

Kat15 wrote:
I am the same way, when I was little about 7 or 8 we lived in a big city with homeless people on the street begging for money. I usually had about $5 at the most and I would tell my mom to stop and give it to the homeless man/woman because I felt so bad for them, and ocasionaly after i gave it to them my older sister would tell me most of them are drug addicts/alcoholics and I should not give it to them, I learned to give them leftover food I had instead though. But it was kinda annoying when they said that.

I think that if helping people makes you happy you should do it all you want. You seem like a very good person.

Thats why IN my area *yes, it may be rural but we do have homeless*, I dont give them money, I will offer to buy a meal for them instead. Now that Im jobless, misanthropy towards society has been setting in more and more, so yeah.

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/