do you want a 24 hour nationwide contact center in the US?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2010, 6:58 am

CLICK HERE TO VOTE: www.refresheverything.com/autismsource

You are receiving this email because you have contacted our Contact Center in the past. Now the Autism Society is asking you for support - simply by voting for our project. With funding from the Pepsi Refresh grant, the Autism Society would be able to expand our nationwide contact center, making trained professionals available for parents, individuals on the spectrum, and professionals at any hour of the day or night. People throughout the United States reach out to the Autism Society to get reliable information and to speak to someone who truly understands. We all know time and energy are in short supply for people affected by autism and support needs exist beyond Monday – Friday from 9-5.

Ideas that get the highest number of votes for each funding level in a one month period get funded. There are less than 2 weeks left of voting. We are currently ranked number 50 out of about 320 entries at this funding level. We need to be ranked as number 1 or 2 in order to receive the grant. We really need you to go and vote for us every day for the rest of the month. Voting is easy – it takes about 2 minutes to register; then every day you can go to www.refresheverything.com/autismsource and can cast your vote in less than 30 seconds.

I feeel this is extremely important. While on the internet I have noticed that I am not the only one who cannot find a doctor who is familiar with adults with Asperger's. Maybe this would help.

If you have a chance please vote for this. Their ranking went down to 52 since I received this message.

Thanks everybody. irene

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 10:33 am

I've voted for it.

irene
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2010, 6:59 pm

Thank you very much for voting. :D irene

lyricalillusions
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 2:36 am

I think that's a very good idea :) I'm going to vote for it.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 2:41 am

At first I thought this was spam :lol:

Not sure if I want to vote. Seems kind of shady.

lyricalillusions
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 2:50 am

Ferdinand wrote:
At first I thought this was spam :lol:

Not sure if I want to vote. Seems kind of shady.

It's not spam at all. I've voted for other things on the site in the past. Unless the actual support line itself is spam & it's just people trying to win the grant to keep the money for themselves. & in that case, I think Pepsi would check out any winners to make sure they were legit before they gave them the money, anyway.

bggallag
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Sep 2011, 7:14 pm

Hi everyone,

@ Irene, I think your idea is a great one. I have a mentor myself and I think she'd love an idea like this, to have the resource to further her Autism education.

I'm an adult on the spectrum and I"m also in the running for the Pepsi Refresh Contest, to start a non-profit.

My idea is to start a Center for Adults with Autism, in Central Maryland, with this seed money. I need to be in the top 10 to win.

My Pepsi page is at http://www.refresheverything.com/caamd

You can vote via facebook and text through September, or as often as you'd like.

My text number (if you have unlimited texting), is 108512 to Pepsi's 73774 . They only send you a receipt confirmation text back that they got your vote.

If you drink Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, or Pepsi Max, you can enter Power Votes as well at my page. That would be awesome!

Thank you so much to everyone on this board who may vote. I really appreciate it.