Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Cad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 May 2010, 7:53 am

Hey guys,
I've had my period for over 10 years, and I want to use tampons because they're more practical than pads....but they freak me out! I've never been penetrated, and when I try to put one it it doesn't go because I can't relax down there. I feel very silly because you'd think I'd be able to do it by now. Any suggestions on how to relax?
Love, Cad

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 8:21 am

You may be like me and your vaginal canal tilts back instead of straight up like it's supposed to. I can't use diaphragms for this reason. Try putting it in at a tilt.

Negolin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 May 2010, 8:39 am

Shouldn't it read..."Hey Girls"

8)

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 8:42 am

Negolin wrote:
Shouldn't it read..."Hey Girls"

8)

You're in the wrong restroom, sir. :)

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 8:42 am

It's only a question of practice. You have to get used to do it. There's nothing to fear, really.
You have to clean your hands before use a tampon, but I'm sure you know it.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 10:01 am

I can't stand tampons, either. They remind me of an organ that I've been turned off of, at the age of 8. I wasn't molested. I had my mouth washed out with soap, the last time I mentioned that organ.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 11:51 am

Maybe it depends on your position. You should crouch down a little with your legs wide and push a tampon not straight, but at a little angle to your backbone.

Maybe try to use tampons with applicator? It's easier to put in.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

Negolin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 May 2010, 3:24 pm

Oops, saw it on the frontpage, didn't see "Women's Discussion!"

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 7:06 pm

Quote:
You may be like me and your vaginal canal tilts back instead of straight up like it's supposed to.

Vaginal canals are supposed to tilt backwards? That's what we were taught in school.
To get it in you have to put it straight then tilt it backwards.

That's how I get mine in, also, try applicator tampons. I don't even use the normal kind. I've only been using them for about 6 or 7 years and it just takes practice. You shouldn't feel it when it's in.

The real problem I think is the tension. You find sometimes even if you try to relax, you still have trouble getting it in the first bit. If I push for a little bit it eventually pops through the tension and slides in.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 7:14 pm

hale_bopp wrote:
Quote:
You may be like me and your vaginal canal tilts back instead of straight up like it's supposed to.

Vaginal canals are supposed to tilt backwards? That's what we were taught in school.

That's how I get mine in, also, try applicator tampons. I don't even use the normal kind. I've only been using them for about 6 or 7 years and it just takes practice. You shouldn't feel it when it's in.

The real problem I think is the tension. You find sometimes even if you try to relax, you still have trouble getting it in the first bit. If I push for a little bit it eventually pops through the tension and slides in.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, I was told that when I was trying to be fitted for a diaphragm. I couldn't use one because a tight suction seal could not be created because of the tilt from what I understood them to tell me.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 7:27 pm

Aimless wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Quote:

Perhaps I'm mistaken, I was told that when I was trying to be fitted for a diaphragm. I couldn't use one because a tight suction seal could not be created because of the tilt from what I understood them to tell me.

They might have meant something else but worded it poorly..
http://knol.google.com/k/-/-/aN-GBcH5/K ... italia.bmp
Shows the natural tilt of the vagina :)

Cad
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 May 2010, 7:38 pm

Thanks for the help guys, and yep, I call everyone "guys" regardless of their sex :P I was doing it all wrong by laying down, I will give it a go crouching.
"Tampons: Cad, you're doing it wrong." -for fans of Fail blog

0hawkeye0
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 May 2010, 3:30 pm

If you're using one with an applicator, I'd suggest the plastic kind over the cardboard kind if you have difficulty. Also, you can try putting a couple drops of lube on the tip before inserting to make things easier. If you can, ask your female friends if you can try one of theirs so you can experiment with some different brands. Sometimes, that makes another difference. Don't be discouraged, but also don't feel bad if you discover, after trying a variety of types, that tampons just aren't for you.

I had my period for 8 years before I ever tried, and I only did at first because I was working at a pool and I had no other option at hand. Now, I prefer them, as I've found I really enjoy being active, so it's more practical and comfortable for me.

Sholf
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2010, 7:34 pm

You should try "slim fit" styles or a tightly packed tampon like O.B.'s regular absorbency. Tampons that are really thick or loose can be harder to insert.

Cuterebra
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2010, 7:48 pm

Start with the junior/lite sized, and I would suggest staying away from Tampax brand. OB is the most comfortable I've found, but it takes a bit of practice to use the ones without an applicator. Playtex with the soft plastic applicators are next best after OB, imo.

If it doesn't go in properly while sitting on the toilet, try it standing with one foot on the toilet or crouching.

As an alternative to tampons, there is also the Instead Cup. Believe it or not, once you get one in properly you can't even feel it. They're kind of a pain to get out without making a mess, but you can leave them in longer and they are more comfortable than tampons, in my opinion.

Athenacapella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2010, 9:10 pm

I also can't stand the Tampax brand. I also find standing up much easier than sitting down.