Genetic/enviromental theory on aspergers (based on evidence)

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

jametto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 May 2010, 11:56 am

Here's my theory on autism, basically a chain reaction of a number of issues scientifically proven to be related to autism.

I've started from results leading back to the start. This was copied and pasted from a gluten thread so it's going to read a bit differently but still the same principle.

A gluten/casein free diet takes 18 months to work (casein less but you want to be certain it's out). This is the time it takes for the anti gliadin count to return to below 10 (normal), At the start of the diet it's 200, a year later it's around 80, so you cannot be ignorant and say the diet didn't work for you if you didn't do it properly.

If Gluten is in your bloodstream the immune system anti gliadin (AGA) is produced as an immune response to the gluten.

The rest of this post from this point has been copied and pasted.

If you have AGA in your blood that means opiates from the gluten are in you're bloodstream meaning it's attaching to the opiate receptors in your brain (frontal lobe) causing autistic symptoms. It also means you have leaky gut syndrome as the gluten has leaked through the gut and into your blood (otherwise the gut is sealed from the bloodstream).
Proven.

Leaky gut is caused by a yeast infection and/or a insufficient/complete lack of DPP-4 enzyme. Both these are caused by mercury poisoning along with mercury poisoning itself being another cause of leaky gut. Proven

Now this is where we can't be sure just like any other autistic study out there (as in there's just as much evidence backing it up if not more).

There are lots of studies regarding no link between autism and MMR vaccines, however they are incorrect. They assumed the Mercury poisoning was all the same.

I'll explain why they're wrong:

All the studies used urine and blood tests to make their conclusion, this would apply in typical Mercury poisoning but not the type of Mercury poisoning found in autistic individuals.

Glutathione is the chemical in our body that flushes toxic metals out of our body, studies have shown that autistics have a deficiency (proof) therefore cannot flush the metals out unlike the other mercury poisoning which is due consuming a large amount in a short period of time. Whereas the autistic type is small amounts over a large period of time.
You don't need amalgam fillings or vietnamese prawns to get mercury poisoning if you lack this chemical. It builds up over years and years(it's in the air, practically everywhere) as it cannot flush out.

And because you're body can't flush it out, it can't be detected in urine or blood (like these MMR vaccine/autism studies assumed), the body ends up storing it in fat cells (proven, although it can be found in blood at times but it's too inconsistent).

Candida eats Mercury which also shields it from the body (proof). There's a theory going around that the yeast infection is an immune response to conceal the Mercury from harming the body, or more realistically the yeast would grow in this situation anyway and do at least 1 positive thing lol.

I should also add Mercury damages the hypothalamus. Which is where the hormone, oxytocin is produced, again loads of studies have been made and have found autistics to be oxytocin deficient. Oxytocin nasal sprays have proven to be successful in fixing the social issues in autism (even empathy and body language)
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 221350.htm

It all leads back to a genetic cause that makes us prone to all these things. Some believe it's the lack of glutathione caused by a mutation to the GSS gene.

A lot more science backing this theory up than anything else and unlike other studies they all complement one another, it's all just not public knowledge. Research it yourself.

What do you think?

Vanilla_Slice
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 12:32 pm

Write up your theory and submit it to a science magazine for peer review. I'm an engineer rather than a medical man so I can't tell if you're right or wrong.

Vanilla_Slice

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 1:28 pm

It's an interesting theory.

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 1:38 pm

It's interesting. My middle son improved on a gluten free diet and we didn't do it for the full 18 mos, however we weren't concerned about those opiate like substances exacerbating his AS as his AS symptoms are not problematic. We were concerned about chronic digestive problems. I'm keeping them off artificial colors and flavors more or less permanently (but if they go to a party and eat something they shouldn't I'm not worried about it). I've been diagnosed with enzyme deficiencies so I think that is probably where the trouble lies. We did the GFCF thing for all the kids. Eldest son wouldn't stick with it so it wasn't worth the fight, and youngest son doesn't have any reason to stay on it after allergy testing showed no food allergies. We'll see if middle sons digestive issues remain improved.

budgenator
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 May 2010, 3:02 pm

jametto wrote:
All the studies used urine and blood tests to make their conclusion, this would apply in typical Mercury poisoning but not the type of Mercury poisoning found in autistic individuals.

Glutathione is the chemical in our body that flushes toxic metals out of our body, studies have shown that autistics have a deficiency (proof) therefore cannot flush the metals out unlike the other mercury poisoning which is due consuming a large amount in a short period of time. Whereas the autistic type is small amounts over a large period of time.

This rabbit hole may be deeper than we suspect.
Quote:
Kern and Jones review several studies indicating autistic individuals have difficulty excreting heavy metals, especially mercury. If calcitriol deficient brains are unable to utilize glutathione properly, and thus unable to remove heavy metals, they may be oxidatively damaged by heavy metal loads normal children easily excrete. That is, the mercury in Thiomerosol vaccines may have injured vitamin D deficient brains while vitamin D sufficient children would have easily chelated and excreted it. It bears repeating that the amount of calcitriol in the brain directly depends on how much vitamin D is made in the skin or put in the mouth.Autism and Vitamin D
J. J. Cannell, Department of Psychiatry, Atascadero State Hospital, 10333 El Camino Real, Atascadero, CA 93422, USA

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

23 May 2010, 3:09 pm

You know??? I do believe that Autism existed before there was the MMR vaccine....and there are even some unvaccinated children with Autism. Sorry, but Im tired of that theory!

damwookie
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 May 2010, 3:24 pm

I hate these conversations. Purely because it is in an area that I know absolutely nothing about. They all sound plausible and I have to rely on others to provide plausible counter arguments.

The statistical evidence that there is partial genetic and partial environmental factors has made a fascinating subject out of one I spent my childhood avoiding. I am so tempted to go back to GCSE level biology and chemistry and work my way up.

My father and his mother have/had AS traits. Their traits are going back before the MMR vaccine.

jametto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

24 May 2010, 2:51 am

liloleme wrote:
You know??? I do believe that Autism existed before there was the MMR vaccine....and there are even some unvaccinated children with Autism. Sorry, but Im tired of that theory!

Yeah and back then mercury was painted on the walls of every household literally. The amount in the air over the years is enough by itself.
It's also laced in the breast milk of the mother and that by itself is enough to do it. Amalgam fillings are the biggest cause of mercury poisoning and last time I checked they were around 30 years ago. Don't be so ignorant.

Last edited by jametto on 27 May 2010, 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Morgana
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 3:22 am

Hmmmm, I happen to be a celiac, and I also have lactose intolerance- (and problems with soy as well). I always wondered if these were related to AS symptoms- (there do seem to be a high proportion of autistic people with digestive problems). There still doesn´t seem to be a clear consensus though about whether gluten and casein actually are related to autism.

Molecular_Biologist
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 May 2010, 3:06 pm

Genes can be regulated or disrupted by epigenetic modifications (inherited changes in phenotype or gene expression caused by mechanisms other than changes in the underlying DNA sequence).

Here is one example of this occurring in the case of autism through DNA methylation.

Genomic and epigenetic evidence for oxytocin receptor deficiency in autism

Your hypothesis is interesting, and will be testable in the very near future.

The data needed to answer your hypothesis will most likely be generated in the next 10 years as whole genome-sequencing is expected to become much cheaper. Currently it would be far to expensive to conduct the required experiments on a large enough number of individuals to be statistically relevant.

Sequencing technology must improve so that everyones' genome can be sequenced cheaply ($100-$1000). At present prices, are in the range of $50,000-$100,000 per genome.
Although autism is largely genetic, known mutations currently account for only about 10% of the cases of autism. This is largely due to the difficulty in detecting them with the limitations and costs of DNA sequencing at present. In the near future everyone's' genome will be completely sequenced as a matter of routine health care. (except those who object on religious/other grounds). This will identify all of the currently undetectable mutations that cause autism.

Then, the same sequencing machines can be adapted to search for epigenetic modifications using a technique like this:
Direct detection of DNA methylation during single-molecule, real-time sequencing

You could compare genome-wide DNA methylation in a population of autistics vs. a control group to see if any genes were being differentially modified.

fiddlerpianist
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 3:27 pm

jametto wrote:
There are lots of studies regarding no link between autism and MMR vaccines, however they are incorrect. They assumed the Mercury poisoning was all the same.

The ones I'm thinking of suggest that Mercury causes autism. If autistic individuals inherently process Mercury different from the get-go, then Mercury cannot be the cause of autism because said individuals are already autistic.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 3:40 pm

:roll:

Somewhere there's a storm during a full moon.

"Full moon causes storms!! !"

No.

Lots of scientists and doctors have looked into this over and over, and they can't figure it out. How can we on WP, with no access to lab tests or raw data or medical knowledge or well anything?

Autism roots are genetic. That's obvious. What makes some kids behave almost normal, while others are barely functioning? That's the question. There are environmental causes for sure, but no one knows what those are. And by environmental I mean: family, parents, upbringing, friends, social exposure, etc etc, not just toxins.

One thing we know for sure isn't the cause is mercury. That was looked at and dismissed with 100% certainty.

jametto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 May 2010, 1:27 am

fiddlerpianist wrote:
jametto wrote:

The ones I'm thinking of suggest that Mercury causes autism. If autistic individuals inherently process Mercury different from the get-go, then Mercury cannot be the cause of autism because said individuals are already autistic.

The Mercury actually makes them autistic, the lack of glutathione is the cause of that type of Mercury poisoning. So if you want to look at it the way you are, then glutathione is the cause. Lack of glutahione doesn't give autistic effects, but it makes mercury poisoning inevitable which starts the chain reaction of effects.

Here's a study on a larger scale and with more evidence than any other study debunking the gluten link:

[img][650:463]http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c229/ILLaViTaR/article.jpg[/img]

Unlike the recent study this one decades back used actual blood tests instead of pens and paper as well as more subjects. Not to mention the patients were on the diet for a year, not a month.

Another link :http://ezinearticles.com/?Celiac-And-The-Gluten-Gut-Brain-Connection-Seen-In-Reversible-Abnormal-SPECT-Brain-Scans&id=442599

Last edited by jametto on 27 May 2010, 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

jametto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

27 May 2010, 1:35 am

Dilbert wrote:
:roll:

Somewhere there's a storm during a full moon.

"Full moon causes storms!! !"

No.

Lots of scientists and doctors have looked into this over and over, and they can't figure it out. How can we on WP, with no access to lab tests or raw data or medical knowledge or well anything?

Autism roots are genetic. That's obvious. What makes some kids behave almost normal, while others are barely functioning? That's the question. There are environmental causes for sure, but no one knows what those are. And by environmental I mean: family, parents, upbringing, friends, social exposure, etc etc, not just toxins.

One thing we know for sure isn't the cause is mercury. That was looked at and dismissed with 100% certainty.

No it hasn't. It used urine/hair/blood tests which contradicts the whole idea. How can it be in your urine/hair if the body can't flush it out? It's extremely hard to find in blood too.
They perform hair and urine tests and go "derrrrr I can't see any mercury in here, that must mean dere is nun, CASE CLOZED!"

Show me a Mercury Autistic study where biopsies are performed on a large scale, that is the only reliable method.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 2:02 am

I guess that the type of environment that a person is in, in their early years, from 0 to 4 plays a big part. Imagine being told that you will get a spanking if you keep crying, or being repeatedly yelled at, for soiling yourself, between the ages 2 and 4, and what it can do to your nerves, emotions and your brain.