Does anyone have days where you can not stop eating?

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

NathansMommy
Raven
Raven

24 May 2010, 3:56 pm

I am a fairly healthy person. I eat whatever I want, but I am pretty darn good at portion control. I also drink a rediculously large amount of water and try to make healthy food choices and I snack regularly, which keeps me from becoming ravenously hungry. However, some days (today being one of them) I just can't seem to stop eating. I have a snack box at my desk and I have been going through it like crazy, eating all the junk (Sixlets - yes, they still makes those, cheese and cracker sandwiches, gummie Life Savers and sunflower seeds) on top of my regular breakfast and lunch. Does anyone else have this happen because I feel like a total pig at the moment?

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 4:32 pm

Yeah. I think sometimes my body just likes to do this. It seems okay to me, maybe even healthy. We all have our cycles. I have the same thing with sleep; some days I just feel the need to sleep a lot. I wouldn't worry about it unless it causes you problems.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 9:23 pm

Yeah, pretty much all the time. I want some chocolate right now.

Taking a break.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2010, 10:08 pm

I eat a lot. My file cabinet at work is mostly for food...hehe. I have a high metabolism and am fairly expensive to feed (think enormous hamster).

Wogar
Raven
Raven

01 Jun 2010, 5:23 pm

Yes. This is usually a prelude to an attack of indigestion, so I try to keep an eye on myself.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 5:56 pm

Yes, I get days like this where I can't stop eating. Not feeling hunger pains or anything but a compulsion to keep eating and it's really uncomfortable if I don't keep eating. It's quite irritating for two reasons: 1) I'm trying to keep my calories in a healthy range to continue losing weight, and 2) Because of #1, I don't have many snackable things in the house that satisfy the cravings I have on the days where I can't stop eating.

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 9:17 pm

It seems like this hits me during seasonal changes, especially going toward winter. It's a bit like having a hollow leg.

willaful
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 12:27 pm

techstepgenr8tion wrote:
It seems like this hits me during seasonal changes, especially going toward winter. It's a bit like having a hollow leg.

Yes, me too.

I wonder if people who consciously control their calories are more prone to this? Or maybe we just notice it more.

Poppycocteau
Toucan
Toucan

18 Jun 2010, 6:20 am

I felt like this often when I cut out dairy - I think my body was missing the extra fat and protein I would otherwise have been getting from cheese, yogurt and milk. That was a few months ago, but even now I still get hungry a lot more than I used to.

slippy
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

21 Jun 2010, 10:01 pm

i do somewhat have a problem of controlling my eating habbits. i will eat breakfast then ill eat little snacks throughout the day then dinner. i have calmed down to a lesser value then it used to be. any comments on what i should do to only eat two meals a day or three a day. message me.

edcop100
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jun 2010, 10:59 pm

As much as I try to eat whole grains and avoid both dairy and enriched foods, I cannot go too long without out them (a week, maybe two max) without getting withdrawals. I feel weak and have a lack of energy. As soon as I start eating chocolate chip cookies-and I usually eat ALOT at once-, I get a rush of endorphins and even feel mildly social which is highly unusual for me. Enriched, high-sugar content foods are my crack. If I were to eat them all the time, I would face serious health consequences. I save them for times when I need to be in a social environment.

Metalwolf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 10:18 am

I often eat when I am bored.
Or if I am really hungry, I will eat a lot, and I will go for the fatty foods.
I will also crave certain things (and eat a lot,) before my period.

NathansMommy
Raven
Raven

15 Jul 2010, 11:18 am

Sorry for the guys that don't like to hear about the lady issues, but I do have a definite appetite increase during "that time". But even when that isn't the case, some days I just want to eat and eat, and I can't stand the feeling of being hungry (or being super full either - weird, huh?) so I will eat whatever I want. I do agree with the person who posted that those of us who watch calories and diet notice it more when we get off track and start overeating. If you didn't count calories or watch the types of food you eat or when you eat, you would have no idea when you were eating more or less than usual.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2010, 11:21 am

NathansMommy wrote:
If you didn't count calories or watch the types of food you eat or when you eat, you would have no idea when you were eating more or less than usual.

Eh not entirely true. When my ex and me broke up I noticed when I couldn't eat but half a meal a day as opposed to my usual 4-6.

NathansMommy
Raven
Raven

15 Jul 2010, 5:02 pm

PistonHead, you are actually right. I think I just didn't type what I was trying to say properly. I will try again :D

Since I am aware of how much I tend to eat in a day (calorie-wise) if I ate more than usual, I would notice. However, back when I was in high school and ate whatever I wanted whenever I wanted, I wouldn't have noticed if I was eating more quantity or calories from one day to next day. So I guess I mean more in regards to calories. Geez! I confuse myself...

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jul 2010, 2:23 am

Don't worry about it, we all make mistakes.