Page 2 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 6:22 am

Hopefully this will accepted in the spirit of fun with which I offer it:

I'm a big Doctor Who fan, and this is one of the funnier fan made Doctor Who vids out there, set to "Horoscope for Today." Don't drink coffee while watching this... it nearly killed me laughing.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avbfg-IJw7w&feature=PlayList&p=174C24F8C76D874D&playnext_from=PL&index=1[/youtube]

JCpatriots
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 May 2010, 8:39 am

Born October 18th, which makes me a Libra. :)

spooky13
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 May 2010, 9:01 am

Capricorn, but I find the Chinese sign for me fits better, the Dragon.

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 9:03 am

Cancer...though not at all a typical cancerian and I'm not even on the cusp! 8)

No matter what...I just have to be different...at least that's what I've heard. :lol:

AppleCat
Toucan
Toucan

25 May 2010, 10:05 am

There are quite a few Scorpios here already, I must say... and another Scorpio just turned up. :mrgreen:

I wish I had a scorpion.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 10:20 am

Cancer with Capricorn rising which is apparently also my opposite.
That confuses me.
What does it mean?
Nothing?
Oh, OK.
:P

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 1:48 pm

Aquarius.

I don't know what all this "rising" stuff means though, or how to tell if you're more than one sign.

But from what I've read describing Aquarius, it fits me fairly well.

Moog wrote:
Do you believe in astrology, or have any interest in it?

I don't know if I believe in horoscopes or not...every time I read one, it seems like if you check one source, it will say something completely different from what another source may say. And they either don't come true, or they're too vague to really mean much.

I do like to read about different signs, how they effect peoples' personalities though. Especially in regards to how, romantically, one sign is or is not compatible with another sign...from my experiences so far, that sort of information seems to be pretty much on the ball.

I take it they call it "romantic" or "love" compatability though because apparently it doesn't apply to regular old friendships? I have a lot of friends who are signs that are not compatible with mine, and for the most part, we get along just fine.

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 7:00 pm

Aries

Don't think it quite fits though.

I don't believe in it. The very concept seems insane to me. Though the history behind it is interesting, mainly for the aforementioned reason tbh.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 9:20 pm

i have paid good money for professionally crafted horoscopes as well as buried my face in numerous astrological tomes in a partially successful attempt at becoming astrologically literate sufficient to craft and interpret my own natal chart- what they all had in common was that there is a disconnect between what they say [financial and social success are a given for somebody with my astrological attributes] and reality [totally BOGUS]. i even consulted an indian astrologer who read my chart and told me all the others were wrong and that i was born to be financially and socially afflicted, and that the only "cure" was to do something called "propitiation." :? :roll:
my life is over halfway shot, so i no longer give a good god-damn. i just want to make it to the end in one piece.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 9:23 pm

Ha ha,as a Cancer I'm supposed to be able to amass great fortunes. If clutter is fortune then I've got it made.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 9:28 pm

Slowly killing you, and ultimately bringing you closer to the truth.

Cancer

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 9:31 pm

Danielismyname wrote:
Slowly killing you, and ultimately bringing you closer to the truth.

Cancer

Doomed. 8O

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 11:27 pm

I'm right on the cusp of Pisces and Aquarius; depending on the source you look at is whether I'm the first day of Pisces or the last day of Aquarius. According to my great-uncle, who seems to be interested in such things, that means I'm both. I say Picses though; I used a (free) site once that took into account year and time, and it said Picses.

It's interesting, but I don't put any faith in it.

Three years!

KittenWithAWhip
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2010, 11:58 pm

Sagittarius sun, Aries moon, Capricorn rising.

I'm with most of you, I don't believe in daily horoscopes but I do see trends in personalities as related to star sign. Someone described the natal chart to me once as similar to your thumbprint. I suppose that sounds like utter bunk, but the gravitational pull of the moon keeps the waves on the shore (usually)...makes me wonder what kind of pull the cosmos and their particular alignments at any given time may have on us puny creatures.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 3:37 am

KittenWithAWhip wrote:
...makes me wonder what kind of pull the cosmos and their particular alignments at any given time may have on us puny creatures.

Assuming the calculation I made earlier was correct, the gravitational pull of Jupiter on you is roughly ten billion times less than the pull of Earth that keeps your feet on the floor. The moon isn't very massive (as planets go) but it is close (as planets go), and distance matters much more than mass does to gravity (gravitational force increases with mass but drops off with distance squared.)

On a larger scale the gravity of those parts of the galaxy inwards of us keeps the solar system in orbit around the galactic centre. Effectively, though, it doesn't vary direction or strength (because neither the mass nor distribution of mass in the galaxy change significantly over human timescales), the force doesn't change at all and couldn't have different effects at different times. The same goes for the gravity of other galaxies.

Um... what else we got... cosmic rays are sleeting in from all angles, that distribution could vary over time but the planets wouldn't have a significant effect on it (if a planet got in the way of a cosmic ray that was heading for Earth, it could block it, but it'd only cover a teeny tiny area of the sky.) Neutrinos from the Sun are just gonna go through you anyway without doing anything, they're pretty much unstoppable.

"Not much", I guess is the answer.

The year is still young.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2010, 3:45 am

(double post)

The year is still young.