Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 23 Mar 2008
Age: 60
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,030

24 May 2010, 6:40 pm

WTF!?!


I knew they couldn't cover absolutely everything, but come on! Already they were getting sloppy with Jacob and MIBs' crazy foster mom telling them she had "made it so they could never hurt each other and then having Jacob beat his brother senseless and drown him in the stream in the next scene. Just because MIB was resurrected as Smokie didn't change the fact that Jacob - the 'good' guy, killed him with his bare hands.

Then the Finale just went into the crapper...

Who the hell were the others? Not the Dharma people, the OTHER others - the group that followed Richard Alpert around the jungle for decades - the ones who killed an American military expedition and took the FATBOY hydrogen bomb from them. The group that Eloise Hawking and Richard Whidmore were originally from - THOSE others. Who were they and where did they come from? Jacob and MIBs' crazy foster mom had already killed everyone else on the island, and according to Jacob, everyone else who ever came there died. So who were these people - the ones continually referred to as 'Hostile Indigenous Natives' ?

If Richard Alpert, Kate, Sawyer, Miles and Lapidas all flew away off the island, what were Kate and Sawyer doing in the church with all the dead people at the end?

WTF happened to Walt? They spent an entire season chasing all over the island, kidnapping the kid, then doing tests on him to determine just what his psychic 'bird killing' abilities were and now he's just not a part of the story anymore? And the kid grew three feet in one year, what up with that?

At the beginning of the last season, we were shown the island as both still existing, AND as sunken under the ocean. Jack saved the island and rebooted the electromagnetic 'heart' (and what the hell WAS that anyway?), so why is there a doppelganger island on the bottom of the Pacific? And what's with all the Egyptian symbology, when both the crazy foster mom and the real mom were dressed as Greeks or Romans or something of that period and both spoke Latin? Apparently the Egyptian temples and monuments on the island were built some time after that. Huh?

The LAX parallel timeline was not actually parallel - since in that reality the crash never occurred, all those characters were acting out a story four years BEFORE anything happening on the island with the 815 survivors. Sooo...how was everybody there able to remember knowing each other and having interacted in events that hadn't happened yet?

What was Desmond trying to get them all together for? That meeting in the church? Since the island timeline was four years behind, everybody who flew off the island with Lapidas would not only still be alive, they wouldn't even have made it back to the States yet - and when they did, there would suddenly be two Kates and two Sawyers and Two Miles, none of whom would have been dead enough to interact with all of the dead people in the church.

Why was Eloise so concerned at the concert that Desmond would take Daniel Farraday with him? And why his cryptic answer: "Not with me." ?

I'm trying very hard to puzzle this sh*t out and make sense of it all, because I find it hard to believe that a writing team who has done so well at juggling a complex storyline for so long would totally fumble the whole thing on the goal line, but this Finale stunk of writers who just got to a point and said "Aah, f*ck it, let's go home."

It actually left me feeling that somebody had cut out about 45 minutes worth of footage in order to make it fit in the allotted airtime. Did I doze off and miss something?



Athenacapella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 374

24 May 2010, 6:45 pm

Seriously.

I'm wondering if they'll do a movie or something.



Neon304
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

User avatar

Joined: 25 Mar 2009
Age: 30
Gender: Male
Posts: 61

24 May 2010, 7:12 pm

I copletely agree, I don't feel the closure, and yet now its all over.



wblastyn
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Apr 2005
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 541
Location: UK

24 May 2010, 7:19 pm

Willard wrote:
WTF!?!


I knew they couldn't cover absolutely everything, but come on! Already they were getting sloppy with Jacob and MIBs' crazy foster mom telling them she had "made it so they could never hurt each other and then having Jacob beat his brother senseless and drown him in the stream in the next scene. Just because MIB was resurrected as Smokie didn't change the fact that Jacob - the 'good' guy, killed him with his bare hands.

Oh dear...

Quote:
Then the Finale just went into the crapper...

Who the hell were the others? Not the Dharma people, the OTHER others - the group that followed Richard Alpert around the jungle for decades - the ones who killed an American military expedition and took the FATBOY hydrogen bomb from them. The group that Eloise Hawking and Richard Whidmore were originally from - THOSE others. Who were they and where did they come from? Jacob and MIBs' crazy foster mom had already killed everyone else on the island, and according to Jacob, everyone else who ever came there died. So who were these people - the ones continually referred to as 'Hostile Indigenous Natives' ?

They were just other people who Jacob had brought to the island AFTER he assigned Richard as his "number 2"


Quote:
If Richard Alpert, Kate, Sawyer, Miles and Lapidas all flew away off the island, what were Kate and Sawyer doing in the church with all the dead people at the end?

Did you listen to what Christian said? He told Jack they were all dead, and that some died before him, while others died long after him... So presumbably they got home, grew old and died.

Quote:
WTF happened to Walt? They spent an entire season chasing all over the island, kidnapping the kid, then doing tests on him to determine just what his psychic 'bird killing' abilities were and now he's just not a part of the story anymore? And the kid grew three feet in one year, what up with that?

He hit puberty... he was supposed to play an 8 year old boy but his voice was beginning to break so they had to get rid of him.

Quote:
At the beginning of the last season, we were shown the island as both still existing, AND as sunken under the ocean. Jack saved the island and rebooted the electromagnetic 'heart' (and what the hell WAS that anyway?), so why is there a doppelganger island on the bottom of the Pacific? And what's with all the Egyptian symbology, when both the crazy foster mom and the real mom were dressed as Greeks or Romans or something of that period and both spoke Latin? Apparently the Egyptian temples and monuments on the island were built some time after that. Huh?

The sunked island wasn't real...

Quote:
The LAX parallel timeline was not actually parallel - since in that reality the crash never occurred, all those characters were acting out a story four years BEFORE anything happening on the island with the 815 survivors. Sooo...how was everybody there able to remember knowing each other and having interacted in events that hadn't happened yet?

My god, did you even watch the episode? The "LAX parallel timeline" wasn't REAL... it was the afterlife...

Quote:
What was Desmond trying to get them all together for? That meeting in the church? Since the island timeline was four years behind, everybody who flew off the island with Lapidas would not only still be alive, they wouldn't even have made it back to the States yet - and when they did, there would suddenly be two Kates and two Sawyers and Two Miles, none of whom would have been dead enough to interact with all of the dead people in the church.

So they would remember their lives, so that they could meet up and "move on"

Quote:
Why was Eloise so concerned at the concert that Desmond would take Daniel Farraday with him? And why his cryptic answer: "Not with me." ?

She knew Desmond was trying to help everyone "move on" from limbo/purgatory and wasn't ready to let her son go?

Quote:
I'm trying very hard to puzzle this sh*t out and make sense of it all, because I find it hard to believe that a writing team who has done so well at juggling a complex storyline for so long would totally fumble the whole thing on the goal line, but this Finale stunk of writers who just got to a point and said "Aah, f*ck it, let's go home."

It actually left me feeling that somebody had cut out about 45 minutes worth of footage in order to make it fit in the allotted airtime. Did I doze off and miss something?


I honestly have no idea how someone could have watched this episode and still be so clueless...

The thing is, I get that they don't always spell out every answer and that you sometimes have to think about things... but good grief, some of those questions you ask were fairly blantantly answered...



Athenacapella
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

User avatar

Joined: 16 Jan 2010
Age: 40
Gender: Female
Posts: 374

24 May 2010, 7:31 pm

harsh



Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,381

24 May 2010, 8:42 pm

best episode ever!


_________________
Pwning the threads with my mad 1337 skillz.


AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 23 Nov 2006
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 54,330
Location: Portland, Oregon

25 May 2010, 7:32 pm

Athenacapella wrote:
Seriously.

I'm wondering if they'll do a movie or something.


Agreed. I feel a bit sad it's all over with.

NBC plans on doing something similar with Heroes,
maybe ABC could pick up Heroes in the near-future.

Also, everyone still has FRINGE in the Abrams-verse,
and Super 8, due next summer.

Here is a link to Wikipedia page on Super 8:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_8_(film)


_________________
Silly NTs, I have Aspergers, and having Aspergers is gr-r-reat!


fernando
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Feb 2006
Age: 38
Gender: Male
Posts: 628
Location: Mayan grounds

26 May 2010, 10:58 am

Athenacapella wrote:
Seriously.

I'm wondering if they'll do a movie or something.


I always knew this was going to end like Evangelion, where people missed the point of the show and ended up asking what happened with the robots after seeing the finale.

I liked the ending of Lost so much i'm rewritting act three of my second book right now.

It wasn't about the island, the light or the hieroglyphics. It was a psychological show about letting go of the traumas, fears and habits that make you unfit for social happiness.

If they make a movie like they did with Evangelion, I just wouldn't watch this one either.


_________________
"Whatever you do in life will be insignificant but it's very important that you do it because no one else will."


Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,573

26 May 2010, 3:36 pm

Willard wrote:
Who the hell were the others? Not the Dharma people, the OTHER others

Lol.

Man, you got trolled, the whole point of Lost was to make a series of completely random events over and over until they are supposed to explain it all in season finale so that everybody watches the show, hoping that they will find out for once what was going on, but in true, not even the scripters have idea how to make the plot made sense.

So, now you are mad, but guess what? You have already watched all LOST episodes and bought the season DVDs and all, you got trolled!


_________________
.


donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Nov 2009
Age: 29
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,988

27 May 2010, 3:12 pm

I thought it was awesome. The polar bear, Walt, etc were just meant to throw you off. They didn't want you to be able to guess correctly. The ending was satisfying imo, even though it wasn't totally closed. Which is good, now we can debate the meanings forever, just like the movie Donnie Darko (which is very similar to LOST imo).

My personal theory is that the light of the Island is God, Jacob is the Grim Reaper, MIB is Satan, Jack is Jesus, and Christian is the embodiment of the Island, and that the Island is a real place on Earth and that Purgatory is actually the parallel universe.



MannyBoo
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 2 Mar 2013
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,968
Location: Hyperspace

01 Apr 2013, 5:57 am

I am generally interested in American TV Sci-Fi, Adventure and Fantasy shows, but LOST is the one I have never seen really. Although I have always had many chances to watch it, I don't.

I have tried to watch it, and it was for free, but I couldn't finish to the end of the episode. I just stopped watching in the middle of the episode, or just watched the end, and skipped the majority of the episode.

I just can't bring myself to spend the time to watch it completely. :?

I still do not know the main characters nor the main plots.



ScrewyWabbit
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 8 Oct 2008
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,186

02 Apr 2013, 2:34 pm

MannyBoo wrote:
I am generally interested in American TV Sci-Fi, Adventure and Fantasy shows, but LOST is the one I have never seen really. Although I have always had many chances to watch it, I don't.

I have tried to watch it, and it was for free, but I couldn't finish to the end of the episode. I just stopped watching in the middle of the episode, or just watched the end, and skipped the majority of the episode.

I just can't bring myself to spend the time to watch it completely. :?

I still do not know the main characters nor the main plots.


In my opinion its worth watching- after you see the "Walkabout" episode, which is like the 4th one, you'll probably be hooked. I do think the show did not quite live up to the promise of the first season, at least in terms of giving satisfying answers to the seemingly never-ending mysteries that it introduced, but it was a darn good show, for sure in my top 5 of all time, probably top 2.



raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Age: 36
Gender: Female
Posts: 2,235
Location: Indiana

02 Apr 2013, 5:23 pm

The show was great...the first four seasons.

Then came season 5 when I realized they were gonna spent most of it stuck in 1977, that's when the show started going downhill.



eelektrik
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Gender: Male
Posts: 577
Location: Irvine, CA

02 Apr 2013, 11:42 pm

I think there is one thing we can all agree on. Expose was the worst episode of the show.

I loved the show overall, but particularly enjoyed any of the episodes focusing on Desmond Hume and Daniel Faraday, they were my favorite characters in the middle to end of the show.