Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 4:32 pm

I'm new to this mac thing. Here's my problem.
I downloaded and installed firefox, and it works great, as long as I don't shut the computer down.
When the computer shuts down (not sleep) firefox disappears from my desktop and applications and I have to reinstall it again using the .dmg file. This is not all that much trouble, but it is annoying.
None of my other software does this. Can anyone tell me what is happening ?

alex
Developer
Developer

06 Apr 2006, 4:37 pm

Have you dragged the firefox icon from the dmg to the application folder? Thats what you need to do.

If you want it in your dock, you will have to drag it from application folder into your dock. If you don't drag it to the dock, it will only stay in the application folder.

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 4:45 pm

Thanks Alex!

I'll give it a try.

spacemonkey
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2006, 5:19 pm

Awesome!

Here's another one.
I bought the eyetv ez tuner, and am pretty pleased with it, but it is powered by the usb.
If I fall asleep while watching tv, and the laptop is not plugged in, then this thing just drains my battery until it doesn't even know what time it is.
I see this "scheldule shutdown" option in the apple menu but I cant seem to get it to work.
Any ideas?