Who do you think that will win 2010´s Soccer World Cup?

Page 5 of 7 [ 109 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 4:30 pm

What a fun with penalties in Paraguay vs. Spain! :lol:
How many yellow cards were!

Nostradamus_mode_on
I predict final match Germany vs. Netherlands and Germany as a winner.
\Nostradamus_mode_off

Today match with Argentina was beautiful. I usually watch matches alone, but today some people from my family came and we were watching together. They were yelling and laughing at Maradona. I'm usually quiet, keeping feelings hidden.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jul 2010, 5:35 pm

Valoyossa wrote:
What a fun with penalties in Paraguay vs. Spain! :lol:
How many yellow cards were!

Nostradamus_mode_on
I predict final match Germany vs. Netherlands and Germany as a winner.
\Nostradamus_mode_off

Today match with Argentina was beautiful. I usually watch matches alone, but today some people from my family came and we were watching together. They were yelling and laughing at Maradona. I'm usually quiet, keeping feelings hidden.

ah i was rooting for paraguay. the consecutive penalties moment was mad.
i have to admit germany are looking hot. makes me feel a bit better about getting knocked out by them:). but still backing orange:D

Alethes
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Jul 2010, 1:06 am

wow that match was phenomenal.

i wanted and expected argentina to win. how could it go otherwise. i thought they were the best team in the world cup. they seemed that way. i had the strongest feeling that they would win, embarrassing germany completely.

but then it went completely the other way around.

most shocking match of the world cup. and i have to say one of the most entertaining. germany did phenomenally. just amazing team.

rly the goals by german team were obscene.

they just tore their opponents apart like scraps

it was sooo reminicent of the 4-0 win against australia, except that argentina seemed even easier to them than even australia back there. where did argentina go ? where was messi ? i cant believe what happened there. :oops: :? 8O :o

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 4:49 am

Messi was there and he tried to do something, but it's hard when you don't have a help from your own team. Football is team game. One Messi doesn't bring a victory!

Yeah, some German goals weren't pretty (to watch), but fair and effective. It's the most important.

Klose's gonna be Goal King like Ronaldo. Well done, Miroslav!

----

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 9:30 pm

Netherlands, Germany and Spain! What is this Euro Cup? LOL! I was cheering for Uruguay. :(

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 5:42 am

Europe is just the best :twisted:
Tomorrow Spain is coming back home. Es tut mir Leid, so Leid...

Uruguay vs. Netherlands was strange. 95 minutes instead 93 and odd referee.

----

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 6:26 am

Valoyossa wrote:
Messi was there and he tried to do something, but it's hard when you don't have a help from your own team. Football is team game. One Messi doesn't bring a victory!

Yeah, some German goals weren't pretty (to watch), but fair and effective. It's the most important.

Klose's gonna be Goal King like Ronaldo. Well done, Miroslav!

Yeah that's true. I'm sure Lio would do anything to have Xavi Hernandez in the Argentine squad. They just lacked any creativity in the midfield an no one could put Lio into space. It's a pity I was backing Argentina. :(

Germany have really surprised me. I think Ballack getting injured was a huge blessing for them. He is way passed his best, and would seem so out of place amongst pacy young players. I predict a draw tonight, so maybe penalties will occur. But given my record at predictions I suppose you can probably bet it won't be a draw. lol

skysaw
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 9:18 am

What with all the hype in England that surrounded this World Cup, I told myself before the tournament began that I was going to support England's traditional football enemies, Germany instead.

Germany had a great team in 1990, when they won the World Cup. They had a mediocre team in 2002, when they still somehow managed to get to the final. Now their team is somewhere in between, and yet the pundits are droning on about how great they are, just because they've put a load of breakaway goals past mediocre defences.

So I'm not supporting them anymore.
Viva Espana!

reginaterrae
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 1:23 pm

La Furia Roja! Arriba!!

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 4:00 pm

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIN! :cry: :cry: :cry:

----

reginaterrae
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 4:02 pm

PartiDAZo! Viva España!! !! ! Image

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 8:25 pm

skysaw wrote:
What with all the hype in England that surrounded this World Cup, I told myself before the tournament began that I was going to support England's traditional football enemies, Germany instead.

Germany had a great team in 1990, when they won the World Cup. They had a mediocre team in 2002, when they still somehow managed to get to the final. Now their team is somewhere in between, and yet the pundits are droning on about how great they are, just because they've put a load of breakaway goals past mediocre defences.

So I'm not supporting them anymore.
Viva Espana!

oh, folk like you are annoying. bet you're that bloke on my nans road with the homemade german flag in the window

i missed the germany/spain match:(

reginaterrae
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2010, 9:14 pm

Germany - Spain was very surprising to me, the way it went down. Not the result, mind you ;) But the intimidated-looking way Germany played through the whole match. Müller must be a very important man on that team! I unfortunately missed the Germany-Argentina match (or maybe fortunately, since once my own country was out Argentina was my team), and I actually didn't see any of Germany's first-round games. I'd only heard how fabulously they were playing, and you know, Spain had gotten trounced by little old Switzerland, and no way Spain's gonna beat Germany the way both are playing so far.

Both teams came out with respect for each other, playing cautiously. But Spain totally controlled possession, even if they looked like a team that was winning 2-0 and trying to run out the clock -- short passes between the midfield and defensive zone, not a lot of risk-taking. Germany, though, seemed so scared to take a risk that they were totally out-classed. Even when they were behind and really needed to put more pressure on up front, they were surprisingly timid. Eventually Spain took courage and started taking risks, but Germany did not take advantage, they STILL looked intimidated all the way to the end.

It was weird. Since I was rooting for Spain, I actually totally enjoyed the game. Wow, Xavi, if he's that good Fábregas must be a genie. You know, we don't get a lot of fútbol on TV here in the States, or maybe I'm just not willing to pay for the all-sports-all-the-time cable package when soccer is the only sport I'm into, and I don't watch TV much normally anyway. Univisión plays a lot of Mexican League games, but you know. Meh. So I'm pretty ignorant coming into the Cup, but I'm watching Xavi play and thinking, wait, why does this guy not have a #10 jersey?? And not just him, but Iniesta, and Ramos, and Puyol the Gol, and Villa, and for the most part really great team play (except for that stupid solo play by Pedro just before he got subbed out).

Oh, and it was a really clean game, very few fouls, I don't think there was a single card handed out and it's not because the ref was a wimp, it was just great, clean, sportsmanlike play. That made it a pleasure to watch too.

Oh, I am SO looking forward to the final!! I'm definitely rooting for Spain, but I'm not so attached that I'll be seriously upset if Netherlands takes the Cup. Anyway sorry for the teal deer ... since the WC began is the very first time I have ever missed my old job that I left in 2007, because it was an international organization that basically just shut down during 6 weeks every 4th summer ... giant-screen TVs set up in the cafeteria, big crowds with team jerseys over their pressed shirts & ties, nobody thinking about anything else but the Cup. That was FUN! :D And when it was played in the US, forget about it -- even more since I was singing in a samba band at the time and Brazil won the Cup that year. Wild times. *sigh* Now I'm all alone in my apartment in So. Maryland, screaming at the TV, cussing out the refs in 3 languages, jumping up and down :lol: Hey, I'm thankful I can at least see it on TV, even if it's not in high def. :D

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 5:11 am

Paul said that today Germany will won. Unfortunately only the 3rd place, not final. But it's better than 4th.

Who is Paul? If somebody doesn't know yet, it's he:

I want Netherlands to win World Cup.

----

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 9:00 am

The Netherlands or Spain for their 1st cup title.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 12:42 pm

Valoyossa wrote:
Paul said that today Germany will won. Unfortunately only the 3rd place, not final. But it's better than 4th.

Who is Paul? If somebody doesn't know yet, it's he:

lol whut

i dont like the whole 3rd place game idea. like its not bad enough that you lost, now you gotta go play to see who's a better loser