Page 1 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

dwoolridge
Toucan
Toucan

27 May 2010, 12:10 am

I think Dogs are better because they can understand humans more than cats do. Also dogs are very playful thank cats are

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 12:54 am

there are good and bad examples of both. but i normally avoid animal pets, due to allergies. but for some reason, cats seem to make a beeline for me wherever i go. they rub against my legs and jump on me and rub their faces in my hands and purr and drool. they must think i'm a big catnip or something.

Exclavius
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 7:44 am

You feed a dog once, and it thinks you're god.
You feed a cat once, and it thinks IT'S god.

I don't need to be worshiped, so I prefer a cat.
Dogs are too "here I am, love me love me love me!"
Cats have a better "I'm here, deal with it, take me or leave me, I'm the cat" attitude.

I suspect the more independent nature of aspies would lead to a majority of cat answers from this forum, though on just about any other forum i think dogs would win.

A shame you didn't include a poll in the question.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 7:48 am

Cats, they look after themselves, are smarter, and more cute.

Also, they all have Asperger's! :lol:

Epilefftic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

27 May 2010, 7:54 am

By better, do you mean for eating or hunting? Because I hear cats are delicious. Kidding.

There's a saying, "dogs have owners, cats have staff"

Depending on your priorities, what you want from the pet, and how capable you are of caring for it.

Dogs depend heavily on their breed and upbringing. But for the most part are loyal, playful creatures who only ask to be fed, walked, and pet. They do need to be cleaned up after. if you let them loose in your backyard they will poop everywhere, so I recommend walking them and picking up after them on the spot. I have 4, down from 5 dogs.

Cats on the other-hand can also have any type of personality. My aunts cats won't leave her alone, but hide when guests come. Outdoor cats are hardly pets, and indoor cats are subject to their own moods, but are more than happy to play when they're young. The litter box makes them very clean and easy to care for, and they don't eat much and keep the mice away/dead.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 8:10 am

Dogs are much friendlier. I like dogs (well, proper dogs anyway, anything that's still reasonably wolf-shaped; I'd like a Border Collie or an Alsatian). Don't like cats much. I don't think I'd be a good dog owner, though. :? Only if I lived in the country somewhere with lots of space and time.

The year is still young.

Technikilor
Toucan
Toucan

27 May 2010, 8:11 am

Cats, infinitely. Cats are amazing, beautiful creatures. Dogs are annoying and dirty.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 9:19 am

Cats are way more emotionally intelligent than dogs.

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 3:29 pm

I don't think either is better, but I prefer cats to dogs. idk, i just find them cuter and I love their vocalizations and purrs.

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 3:45 pm

I like both but I definitely prefer cats. In general, dogs have way too much energy for me to deal with. My dog sometimes induces an anxiety attack in me simply because he will not calm down. As a contrast, I find a cat's purr to be the most soothing, calming noise in the world.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 3:46 pm

If you want to be looked up to, get a dog.

If you want to be worshiped, get a cat.

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 4:01 pm

Personally I like dogs better than cats. The bigger ones that is. I have nothing against smaller dogs and cats but I feel they tend to be intimidated by me sometimes.... but bigger, let's say above the knee height wise, dogs and I go bizarrely well together (mostly).

Rose_in_Winter
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 4:50 pm

Technikilor wrote:
Cats, infinitely. Cats are amazing, beautiful creatures. Dogs are annoying and dirty.

I've never understood this. Cats stink. I mean, they smell horrible. No clean, healthy animal should smell like that, but they do. Ew, and hairballs everywhere...nasty! I'd rather clean up a puppy accident. And cats poop IN YOUR HOUSE, unlike dogs who are easily trained to go exclusively outside. Dogs are not dirty and smell fine if you care for them properly. Dogs are far superior to cats...they are cute, friendly, loving, loyal, and smart. Cats go 0 for 5 in those cases.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 5:43 pm

In a way I admire the cat's independent mindset but unless I can have one the size of a cougar I'll stick to my beloved pitbull. My dog is very quiet and friendly without overdoing the friendly part to the point of being annoying.

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 6:23 pm

Technikilor wrote:

Im totally with you on that!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 7:03 pm

That's rather like asking: what's your favourite colour?

Orange or Green.

You'll get vehement adherents of both and plenty of heat but little light.

For your information we have a cat.