Are you a minimalist in terms of lifestyle?

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

JonWood007
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Apr 2019, 6:37 pm

In a way. I don't value conspicuous consumption or materialism for its own sake. I'm happy just to have what I need to sustain my life and advance my interests and little more. I feel like a lot of nts consume just so they can brag to other nts that they can.

RDOS: NT- 93, ND- 119

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2019, 7:23 pm

johnny_the_greek wrote:
Are you or have you ever been a minimalist? By that I mean do you hate owning many material things and would you prefer to live in a minimalist house that has only the bare essentials and things that are affiliated with your special interests (for example, CDs, DVDs, etc.)?

I was a collector, but I was always happy to keep to myself and not get involved in social events...
I was never really interested in travelling or joining a hobby group social causes...
I enjoy my own company, like most autistics...
So yeah, pretty minimalistic...

JustFoundHere
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 2:53 pm

JonWood007 wrote:
In a way. I don't value conspicuous consumption or materialism for its own sake. I'm happy just to have what I need to sustain my life and advance my interests and little more. I feel like a lot of nts consume just so they can brag to other nts that they can.

YES!!

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 9:06 pm

I wish...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2019, 9:46 pm

Definitely.

I minimize possessions because I know I can't control the mess if I have a lot of stuff.

Also, I just prefer a simple style. Simple colors, lines, etc. Rather Japanese.

Also regarding spending. For me, a phone, a computer, a shoe, a car, a jacket is just a tool. I want a tool with good quality and reasonable price. Prestige brands mean nothing to me.