How important is intelligence to you?

Page 2 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 11:11 am

I think intelligence is important. I find it very boring having a conversation with a stupid person.
But on the other hand, if I had a choice between high intelligence but low emotional intelligence (like now) or low intelligence and high emotional intelligence, I'd choose the latter.

Darkword
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 11:33 am

Blindspot149 wrote:
Moog wrote:
I'd gladly become a gibbering idiot if it meant I could have more sex. I've not yet found any good use of my intelligence, such that it is. All being intelligent has ever meant to me is that I keep having to find ever more complex ways to entertain myself.

I have heard a lot of celibacy stories here on WP (although celibacy is not currently part of the diagnostic for assessing Asperger's :!: ) and so to those unfortunates who do have to endure the unimaginable.............. 'celibacy', I can certainly sympathize with you wanting to trade some brains to.......'get some'

Rock on

and of the other question... :?:

b9
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 11:40 am

i am not intelligent in a classic way. i have no interest in philosophy or politics or religion.
i am not interested in history or the writings of plato or archimedes (et al).

i do like however, to be able to solve the problems that occur in my day to day existence with a minimum of effort.
i like to explore the fields of my own private imagination that spans much area.
i never run out of things to think that are interesting to me, but i am not able to garner any interest in things that occur that are external to my immediate circumstance.

the reason i am never bored is because i always have some trivial question that i idly work to find a solution to, and if i did not have the capacity to explore what intrigues me, then i may feel that my existence is a burden.

i do not talk with other people in my life about things that take much thought to say.

i am not classically intelligent, but i have many neurons ready to take on a question that i privately pose to myself, and i answer myself to my satisfaction, and no one on the earth ever saw it happen.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 12:00 pm

I would love to be more intelligent. Almost everyone says I'm above average intelligence, but I don't feel like it. The thing is, I would like to do something with my intelligence, so I don't know what I'd be willing to give up.

I've thought about this subject before. Every time I think about it, it reminds me of Flowers for Algernon.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 12:24 pm

no it did not ring true so it is gone

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 12:40 pm

astaut wrote:
I've thought about this subject before. Every time I think about it, it reminds me of Flowers for Algernon.

That is one of my very favouritest books. :)

psychohist
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 3:21 pm

I'd give up 1 IQ point for about $2,000,000 in my retirement account, as I could probably then retire. I'd give up 2 IQ points for $20,000,000.

psychohist
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 3:23 pm

Moog wrote:
I'd gladly become a gibbering idiot if it meant I could have more sex. I've not yet found any good use of my intelligence, such that it is. All being intelligent has ever meant to me is that I keep having to find ever more complex ways to entertain myself.

Intelligence is useful in certain jobs. Jobs get you money which is quite useful in finding romance - or obtaining sex without romance, if that's what you want.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 3:24 pm

Like I say, I've found no outlet for my intelligence. No job wants me. I guess I'm stuck. I guess if I can't get work then I'm not as intelligent as I think. I think I posses the wrong kind.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 3:47 pm

I would give up any number of IQ points necessary for my parents to retire. They're in their mid-50s and all they do is work and rest. They're always exhausted and they hardly ever get to do the things they want to do; they only get 1 day off per week. They don't even get to enjoy all the money they make, because the majority of their earnings go towards their 401K plans.

I would gladly give up being smart if it meant my parents could have an easier, more enjoyable life. Besides, ignorance is bliss, so if I weren't so smart, I think I might be happier too.

MrDiamondMind
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

Location: Encapsulated within a skull; covered in sheets of skin

29 May 2010, 4:40 pm

To all those saying "ignorance is bliss", that's ignorance, not stupidity (low intelligence). Knowledge of certain things can take the fun away (and only if you're irrational), not being smart. Stupid people are actually easily bored, and aren't having proper fun even when they're having fun.

To answer the original question, though, I'd only trade a small amount of intelligence for lots of money and a perfect or near-perfect girlie.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 5:12 pm

I wouldn't give up intelligence! I'm already really frustrated because my actual test results are only one point off from being in the "superior" range. I could round up, but it's not on paper.
I know it may sound like I care too much, but that's the only thing I have I can count on when I feel stupid. I suck at many things.

Asmodeus
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 6:10 pm

Nothing.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 10:59 pm

i need all my brain horsepower and then some- my neural matter are all spoken for and will be missed if any go away.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

30 May 2010, 7:43 pm

As long as I wasn't ret*d, I'd give it all up for turtles (and other reptiles to be allowed here and *never* killed unless very sick or injured. I'm selfish enough to require the IQ needed to take care of a turtle without assistance because having a turtle is my dream. Selfish, I know.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765