Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 7:22 am

I have watched a few of Michael Moores films and read one of his books. The guy is amazing for pointing out what is going on from a moral viewpoint. He speaks so much common sense and I love the way he exposes what is going on in a very natural way.

I wonder if he has any aspie traits. I think he is very brave for what he does, and he does it well.

Britain needs a Michael Moore.

What do others think of him? Is he a big deal in America?

GumbyLives
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 11:45 pm

He's a big deal in the USA. Most either love him or hate him. I love what he does (standing up against nonsense and Big People, for example), though I don't always agree with his conclusions.

As for whether he has aspies or not.. I'd vote no.

Your Aspie score: 155 of 200 * Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 49 of 200 * You are very likely an Aspie

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 4:00 am

i like his agitprop, it is entertaining yet informative. i especially liked "sicko" and thought it said things which needed to be said. but if he is aspie, i'll eat my shorts.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 7:32 am

The Awful Truth was the coolest thing he's done IMO (sodomobile and voice box choir ftw :lol:)

Element333
Raven
Raven

03 Jun 2010, 10:29 pm

Robdemanc wrote:

I wonder if he has any aspie traits. I think he is very brave for what he does, and he does it well.

Britain needs a Michael Moore.

What do others think of him? Is he a big deal in America?

No, Michael Moore doesn't seem Aspergian in the slightest. (I'm not exactly a fan of his, but I don't hate him, either).

E333

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

05 Jun 2010, 10:35 am

He's too dishonest to be an Aspie. He is very confused, and very misinformed, and the only thing he shares with Aspies is lack of empathy.... Or in fact he has empathy, but is using it to hurt his enemies. His movies are filled with anti-American lies. Obviously I'm not a fan at all.

Charles

kiwigoddess
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Jun 2010, 7:46 am

If he does, he manages his social anxiety much better then most.
I live in the USA. Mr. Moore helps fund the local Film Festival close to where I live, and I have met him on occasion.
I wouldnt have thought that he has AS, but he does seem to be very sympathetic, and dare I say it, Empathtic to auties and other people who society deems strange or unfit. He is very friendly IRL and is willing to talk, sign autographs, exc.. I know that he attends the local movie theater, and has a normal life outside of his fame.
You wouldnt know it from his films, and interviews, but he is a very honest, very friendly man, who IMHO uses his fame to try to find answers to some puzzling questions. (and lets face it folks, if he didint spice it up, the people would never listen to what he has to say).

so no, I dont think he is, However, If he is, I believe that He is the type of person who would keep it to himself.

And I respect him for that.