My intro post, first post, fence post, you get the idea..

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

kiwigoddess
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Jun 2010, 2:14 pm

Hello board.
*waits for response*

My name is Sherry, and I'm a _________.

(no, thats not quite right)

*ahem*

My name is Sherry.
I am me. (that is all I can be absolutly sure of anyway)

I have been called "Weird" "strange" "geek" "nerd" "dork" "b*itch" "clueless" "Mysterious" "vague" and wonderful.
A few "professionals" have called me Add,Adhd, depressed, bi-polar, agoraphobic, and have told me I have a borderline personality disorder (If that even exists..seriously..who makes this stuff up?)

I found wrong planet after taking an AS internet test as a joke.
(ass-burgers is a geek illness right,) but My joke/waste of time backfired on me.

I scored a 33 on the AQ test. high into the Spectrum range.

Now I had a problem. there was a quiz result saying I had Autism. so I had to do some research on Autism and AS. I was thinking I could dismiss it after reading the article on wikipeda about it. (I'm not male, nor am I very good with numbers, and even though I'm smart, I'm not smart enough to be aspie) and then (well I cant help it. ) I had to start googling other things about AS I didint understand. Pretty soon my casual research to debunk a bogus online quiz had me realy questioning myself, aspies, and the spectrum in general. But those were just stats on a screen. real people are different. so thats when I started looking for message boards online trying to find other female Aspies.

And thats how I found WP. I started reading the aspie Female thread and (I swear my brain felt like it exploded!) It opened up a whole new onslaught of strange feelings. feelings of (omg I thought I was the only one who thought/did/felt like that), and of comunity, and of understanding. (Maybe these "spectrum" folks were not as damaged as I previously thought. ) and the big....(OMG. this is me! this is it!), untill it was replaced by the (ok, you identify with these people..and this "label" so now what?)

I'm still at the "now what" stage. After spending years dealing with the aftermaths traumas and "treatments" for my other verious "disorders", I am skeptical about even talking about this to anyone. this board (and the chat) have been a godsend. It gives me someone to talk to about my newfound aspie/spectrum obsession. and I am hoping I can return some of the favor by sharing some of the things Ive discovered about coping/dealing/acepting your own personal weirdness. I love PMs, new friends, and comments.

in short. HELLO WP! FRIENDS WELCOME!

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 2:26 pm

:P Hidee-Ho, Neighborette! Welcome to the other side of the looking glass.

Jookia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Jun 2010, 3:11 pm

Welcome.

I hope you get treatment, closure and a family of people from here.

I'm not good with welcoming people.

I program computers.
I use computers.

I've been everywhere on the internet.

We should hang out some time.

kiwigoddess

01 Jun 2010, 3:26 pm

thanks Willard!
now, I have a reason to go back and finish reading that lewis Carrol anthology we have collecting dust. I'm afriad I have more in common with that book then I ever thought possible.

Jookia, Love the Sn. has a great sound to it. Might become one of my new favorite words. :)
I like computers too, although I don't program them (thats for hubby to do. ) I hang out on the WP Irc chat from time to time.
would love to talk to you.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 3:59 pm

Welcome to WrongPlanet, and welcome to my time warp. :)

JetLag
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2010, 6:11 pm

Hello, Sherry - and welcome to the Wrong Planet community.

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 3:42 pm

Hello Sherry, welcome, enjoy your stay on the Wrong Planet!

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths