Page 2 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 2:46 pm

Willard wrote:
:lmao: Subcultural context...what does it all mean???

Monkey throw poop.

Need we analyze the turd to know what he meant by it? :nerdy:

Hello Bill,

After a string of 'B' answers, we finally get the 'A' answer. :lol:

Did you read Bill Cosby's glorious diatribe on 'African American' dialect :?:

If he wasn't black, he would probably be facing at least a law suit :D :arrow:

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 3:13 pm

Ferdinand wrote:
A boy of a dark skin pigment called me a 'b***h ass n***a" today.

"b***h ass" sounds more like a compliment than an insult, are you sure it was intended as an insult rather than acknowledging you as a fellow?

Michael_Stuart
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 4:23 pm

StuartN wrote:
Ferdinand wrote:
A boy of a dark skin pigment called me a 'b***h ass n***a" today.

"b***h ass" sounds more like a compliment than an insult, are you sure it was intended as an insult rather than acknowledging you as a fellow?

I think "b***h ass" makes it negative, while just "b***h n***a" may make it neutral or even positive. I'm no expert on the gangster vernacular, though.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 4:46 pm

AceOfSpades wrote:
Basically he's calling you a b***h. n***a doesn't always mean a black person, it could mean the same as "man" or "dude". I've seen black people using n***a on people who aren't black under this context...

Before anyone starts getting over-analytical and literal, I'm not saying all black people use the world "n***a". It's a subcultural thing...

I agree with this.

"b***h" when said toward a male can mean stuff like weak, gay, submissive, or other things that may be viewed as weak traits by males that like to be seen as tough. Combining it as "bitch-ass" is just throwing another curse word in there, I guess trying to make himself sound more tough. I don't know why he added "n***a" on there. When people say "you're my n***a" it's like "you're my bro" or something. It's not always a bad thing, but in this context it is. He may have been trying to sound tougher than you or something, seem threatening, or he may have just been some guy who head something and repeated it. My little brother hears words and repeats them in the wrong context.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 4:54 pm

It's basically like calling someone a chump. It's used fairly loosely, but it does have a negative connotation.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 5:46 pm

But, I like girls. I do not like boys. Why would someone call me homosexual? What proof is there that would suggest my sexuality is not as I say it is? Why would I lie about that?

And what is a chump, and why am I one?

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 6:30 pm

Ferdinand wrote:
But, I like girls. I do not like boys. Why would someone call me homosexual? What proof is there that would suggest my sexuality is not as I say it is? Why would I lie about that?

You're not a chump. A chump is someone who's hmmmm, like a jerk, maybe? You're definitely not a jerk, either. He probably didn't even think about it that deeply. And he probably says it all the time and thinks nothing of its meaning. When I was 15 or so I was called all kinds of names that implied sexual promiscuity when I was a virgin, so what they were saying was clearly not true. In this case, what he said isn't true either.

Regarding homosexuality, I think that that interpretation may be over intellectualizing it. The phrase is used frequently and I really doubt he was calling you gay. He probably has no idea that that could be implied. b***h has become a unisex term in the last 15 years or so anyway, especially when used like he did. i think he was basically just calling you the most aggressive, yet generic name he could think of. Clearly, he lacks a broad vocabulary.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 6:43 pm

okay i live in nyc in a urban area, that n word means a man ( not black) and b means ( act like a women) slang

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 8:36 pm

Maybe he was calling you a Gay man, which I doubt that you are.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 8:43 pm

Ferdinand wrote:

It doesn't have to do with homosexuality. Calling a guy a b**** is a way thuggish morons assert dominance or threaten someone. It doesn't mean anything about you. He probably just said that to try to get a reaction, or make himself feel tough. In any case it's a throwback to primitive gorilla/chimp behavior.

LadybugQ
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Jun 2010, 9:07 pm

It was a very generic insult and one that I'm betting you have the maturity and grace to just shrug off! :wink:

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 12:22 am

This is quite an interesting thread.

It is tough enough for us to understand NTz with PERFECT diction.............

These urban vernaculars (from the 'Hood') are like extreme sports for Aspies :!: :arrow:

Last edited by Blindspot149 on 03 Jun 2010, 3:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 1:06 am

Blindspot149 wrote:

These urban vernaculars (from the 'hood') are like extreme sports for Aspies :!: :arrow:

LOL

I bet you in if Aspies ruled the world, there would 100 special agent aspies figuring out what this type of stuff means.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 1:30 am

some people make me wish my eyes were death ray laser beams that could vaporize such with a glance.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 3:22 am

Ferdinand wrote:
Blindspot149 wrote:

These urban vernaculars (from the 'hood') are like extreme sports for Aspies :!: :arrow:

LOL

I bet you in if Aspies ruled the world, there would 100 special agent aspies figuring out what this type of stuff means.

If we ruled the world, they wouldn't be talking like this in the 'Hood' or ANYWHERE else :wink: :arrow:

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 8:20 am

Blindspot149 wrote:
These urban vernaculars (from the 'Hood') are like extreme sports for Aspies :!: :arrow:

You know you can simply go on urbandicationary and look up the slang terms, right? I did that when younger........

Granted some of the terms are probably as hard to discern to someone not skilled w/it as chanspeak and/or imspeak and 1337 to someone who has limited internet experience.........

(terms vary depending on region of your country, city, and neighborhood.....)

Ferdinand wrote:
LOL

Just look up the neurotypicals' sites full of slang and dialect terms and phrasing.

Ferdinand wrote:

The black person who insulted you made up generic insults used against other black people and applied it to you. I.E. he did -NOT- think the insult through at all and used something he remembers as a generic statement. So his insult is a generic 'you're weaker and submissive to me' insult (calling someone a 'b***h')

astaut wrote:
"b***h" when said toward a male can mean stuff like weak, gay, submissive, or other things that may be viewed as weak traits by males that like to be seen as tough. Combining it as "b***h-ass" is just throwing another curse word in there, I guess trying to make himself sound more tough. I don't know why he added "n***a" on there.

in this case, 'n***a' = 'person'. He used it as a descriptor for a human in general. Normally i'd see black people (at least the younger generation) note the difference between 'n***a' and 'n****r'. (n***a is the term meaning dude/ally - and n****r is the insult). I don't know why if they're willing to "talk s**t" about something that they do not call them 'n****r' - given they're willing to call each other 'n****rs' in other contexts/battles.

FFS 'the boondocks' doesn't make the distinction between 'n***a' and 'n****r'. So it's an institutional well......lack of organization over the meaning of 'n***a' vs 'n****r' (black people b***h about/argue on the application of n***a/n****r as well - go on a black forum of facebook group)

Quote:
When people say "you're my n***a" it's like "you're my bro" or something. It's not always a bad thing, but in this context it is. He may have been trying to sound tougher than you or something, seem threatening, or he may have just been some guy who head something and repeated it. My little brother hears words and repeats them in the wrong context.

Hmm. Was the person in OP's story joking or trolling? That could be likely....... =/

StuartN wrote:

"b***h ass" is used as an insult from my knowledge.

Michael_Stuart wrote:
I think "b***h ass" makes it negative, while just "b***h n***a" may make it neutral or even positive. I'm no expert on the gangster vernacular, though.

"b***h n***a" is negative as well - implying cowardice and lack of gallantry. Also the whole 'i'm dominant to you, you're my b***h' homosexual innuendo in the hip-hop/rap community......from a group of people who -tend to- love demonstrating their homophobia and 'masculinity'.....(even if only now for 'entertainment' not 'glorification' - according to many rappers now)