Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 12:50 pm

A boy of a dark skin pigment called me a 'b***h ass n***a" today. I do not know what that means. Is it racist to get offended because he called me black, or is that just identifying who the insult was directed towards - me?

Does anyone have a clue?

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 12:58 pm

Depends on a lot of things.

Are you black?

I know black use "n***a" and "n****r" in different ways and for different purposes when referring to each other. Context is everything, and I don't understand half of it.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 1:00 pm

No. I am actually quite pale for a white person.

Now that I think about it, I don't understand how b***h, ass and "n***a" correlate with each other.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 1:03 pm

The N word can just be synonymous for 'person' sometimes, and I think that was the case here. b***h ass is a general term for someone you don't like. So he's calling you 'someone I don't like' in his own special way.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 1:06 pm

There are only two black people on this forum: montequie or whatever, and superboyian. Can we get them in here to confirm or deny this?

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 1:17 pm

What makes you think I'm white? Is it my collection of Huey Lewis and the News records?

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 1:34 pm

I don't think it's an insult with any personal devaluation attached. What it really means is "I'm trying to scare/intimidate you by sounding ghetto/gangsta" and nothing more. I'm white though so what do I know. :?

kwilky
Raven
Raven

02 Jun 2010, 1:38 pm

marshall wrote:
I don't think it's an insult with any personal devaluation attached. What it really means is "I'm trying to scare/intimidate you by sounding ghetto/gangsta" and nothing more. I'm white though so what do I know. :?

This. Just ignore people like that.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 1:51 pm

Basically he's calling you a b***h. n***a doesn't always mean a black person, it could mean the same as "man" or "dude". I've seen black people using n***a on people who aren't black under this context...

Before anyone starts getting over-analytical and literal, I'm not saying all black people use the world "n***a". It's a subcultural thing...

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 1:52 pm

The 'N' word is probably the most versatile word in the English 'language' (particularly when prefixed with the word 'My').

At times it seems as though (My) 'N' could probably replace half the vocabulary, in some communities :!:

B***h-ass sounds a bit like 'punk-ass', which I think is a term used to describe the unfortunate male inmates who are used as sex slaves in American prisons.

Whatever this knuckle-scraper actually meant, I think you can probably be sure that it wasn't meant as a compliment.

Were you lost in some inner city ghetto :?:

Michael_Stuart
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 1:55 pm

"n***a", in this case, refers to any person. "ass" is usually attached to words to make them sound stronger, as in "That's a nice-ass car."

So really, they were just calling you b***h, but with some lingual frills attached.

Blindspot149
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 2:02 pm

Michael_Stuart wrote:
"n***a", in this case, refers to any person. "ass" is usually attached to words to make them sound stronger, as in "That's a nice-ass car."

So really, they were just calling you b***h, but with some lingual frills attached.

I believe the 'B' word is also used to refer to the unwilling male sex slave inmates in American prisons so, linking to the previous post...........I suppose it might have been saying..........

Big b***h :!:

so perhaps it was making a guess at your sexuality and thence, an insult against the sexuality that he was assuming :?:

I'm guessing he didn't look like an accountant or librarian :arrow:

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 2:33 pm

:lmao: Subcultural context...what does it all mean???

Monkey throw poop.

Need we analyze the turd to know what he meant by it? :nerdy:

Michael_Stuart
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 2:36 pm

Blindspot149 wrote:
Michael_Stuart wrote:

I believe the 'B' word is also used to refer to the unwilling male sex slave inmates in American prisons so, linking to the previous post...........I suppose it might have been saying..........

Big b***h :!:

so perhaps it was making a guess at your sexuality and thence, an insult against the sexuality that he was assuming :?:

I'm guessing he didn't look like an accountant or librarian :arrow:

I think that's a bit of a stretch. I've never heard "b***h" used like that, only in the context of "prison b***h" or "my b***h", never by itself.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 2:39 pm

Used against a woman the 'B' word has a degrading quality, it's basically saying a woman's personality is less than desirable; i.e. mean, crabby, rude, crude, ungraceful, etc...

Used against a male it's used to call into question the persons sexual identity or personal fortitude, similar to calling someone a "sissy". Other times it's just a crude gesture of intimidation, dominance and/or aggression. Coming from some random teenager I'd guess the latter.

Last edited by marshall on 02 Jun 2010, 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 2:43 pm

I'm guessing he was just being rude & cruel for no real reason. (But what do I know)