Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 4:34 pm

Anyone have ideas for convenient, long hairstyles? I need to get m hair trimmed & the thing is I know my parents want me to chop it off even though I want to keep my hair long. Only problem is my hair is so thick that I have to brush b4, comb during, than comb & brush my hair after showering b/c my hair tangles. Showers take me about half hour-one hour plus 15-30 min. after of brushing. I'd like to have an idea of what to say when I get it trimmed so the hairstylist doesn't screw up my head this time like the last one did. (I went from 1-2 in. below the shoulders to short wavy/curly cut just below my ears b/c I needed 2 haircuts to correct the damage of 2 chopped straight layers...)

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 5:44 pm

Sorry, I just keep my long hair in a pony tail. I hate the sound scissors make when they snip hair. The vibration and the sound the hair trimmers make when they cut hair not mention I will never allow a stranger to cut mt hair.

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 5:58 pm

This is why I like to have really short hair.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 5:59 pm

I'd rather trim it at home, but my parents never let me...(never cut hair b4).

musicislife
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 6:20 pm

I have a similar problem with really thick hair, but I found that keeping it about shoulder length or a little longer helps a lot. Plus, at just past shoulder length, it's easy to pull back into a pony tail or a short braid if you're doing something active, or just to keep it out of your face. :)

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 7:46 pm

Tell the stylist that you want long layers with angling around the face. You can have bangs with it or not as you wish. It looks good on just about everyone without much more than a combing and is still long but not as heavy, since the layering thins it out a bit. It also doesn't take as long to dry.

Michhsta
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 7:50 pm

pschristmas wrote:
Tell the stylist that you want long layers with angling around the face. You can have bangs with it or not as you wish. It looks good on just about everyone without much more than a combing and is still long but not as heavy, since the layering thins it out a bit. It also doesn't take as long to dry.

Hear, hear to that 8)

Mics

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 8:31 pm

pschristmas wrote:

Sounds good :wink:

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 11:05 pm

Ponytal. I wear my hair in a pony tail for sensory issues. I can't stand hair in my face period and I NEED the pressure point from the pony tail, extactaly two inches from the crown of my head. It's a sensory thing plus I've gotten so used to my hair being in a pony tail all the time, I can't reconise myself when it is not. Short hair drives me nuts until it grows butt lengeth again.

pinkbowtiepumps
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2010, 11:24 pm

I second the long layers thing. It's a nice middle ground between long and short hair.