Page 3 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jul 2010, 3:21 pm

Tomasu wrote:
^^ Greetings everyone,

I believe I enjoy playing Super Street Fighter IV very much. However, I believe I am not very skilled and have not played any online matches as of yet.

Playing online matches will probably confirm it if you believe you're not very skilled beforehand. I'm not horrible but I still get destroyed pretty badly online.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2010, 10:46 am

I have Super Street fighter 4 and play as Juri or Cammy. I'm decent at it. Tekken and Mortal Kombat are more my cup of tea.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2010, 4:04 pm

Anyone check out the Gootecks posting of the Arturo/Daigo rematch?

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

xxZeromancerlovexx
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2010, 10:21 am

I play super street fighter 4 alot. I usually play as Juri. It's fun. I haven't played online yet. My ps3 isn't hooked up to the internet yet :(

Murihiku
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2013, 2:35 am

I've liked Street Fighter ever since I was a kid. I'm not really that good at it, but it's still an entertaining game. I have SSF4 on my laptop and SF4 Volt on my iPhone. These days, I usually play Chun-Li, Dee-Jay and Vega (Spanish), and a few other characters every now and then.

There's the rub, the task.

– Virgil, The Aeneid (Book VI)

Bitoku
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Oct 2013, 3:22 pm

I've been a fan of arcade games since long before even Street Fighter 1 existed, and became an avid fighting game fan since I got hooked on the original Street Fighter 2: The World Warrior. Good times.

I eventually was playing fighting games (mainly Capcom's) at a tournamaent level, and have written several game guides at GameFAQs (under my pen name / real initials 'SAL') for some of my favorite characters.

I've played SF4 a bit, but two things have prevented me from really getting into it as much.
The first issue is that I always loved playing people in person at the arcades more so than online, and with traditional arcades being completely gone now (at least in my city), it eliminated that social aspect of it that I liked so much.
The second issue is with the game itself. I was a hardcore fan of the SF2, SFA, and SF3 series, with SF3 being my personal all-time favorite fighting game series. SF4 feels to me more like a sort of SF2-and-a-half, and while I can appreciate it's fairly solid gameplay, it sort of feels a bit simplistic to me, and sort of a step backwards in relation to the advancements in gameplay SF3 was leading the series in.
I was personally hoping for SF4 to push both the gameplay and timeline further towards the future instead of stepping back into the past, and ideally envisioned SF4 featuring Ken's son Mel as the only Shotokan/Ansatsuken character in the game (except for maybe having an elderly Ryu as a secret boss). It seemed to be where the series was intentionally heading, so it disappoints me to see them not follow that promising potential through.

JanuaryMan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Oct 2013, 6:56 pm

Used to play a lot of SF4 up to AE as Zangief. Used the PS3 version mostly as the controller was better for it. Recommend the Mad Katz sticks for 360, though, if you have a 360.

NASH79
Butterfly
Butterfly

18 Oct 2013, 3:18 pm

I have SFIV Arcade Edition on the Laptop and have been playing with a wired 360 controller. When money permits, I plan to get an arcade stick for the 360 to use with the laptop.

My favorite SF game would be Street Fighter Alpha 3...that game is great on the PSP. Once I get a new PSP or even an Vita, that game is going to be one of the first games to be downloaded off of my PSN account. I played SFIII on the Dreamcast and that was awesome to do...hopefully the Vita picks that up.

Misery
Veteran
Veteran

18 Oct 2013, 7:40 pm

I mess with SF4 myself every now and then, but not all that much... the game's pacing is just too slow for me, and tends to be about vague poking and dancing, usually not favoring outright aggression much.

Granted, I think damn near everything is slow, but still.

Typically I play Arc's fighters instead, Guilty Gear, Blazblue, Persona 4 Arena, and various clones of them such as Melty Blood. Those fit my tastes muuuuuuuch better. Never got into most of Capcom's stuff much.