Mercury poisoning. For all you extremly mild mild Aspies.

Page 1 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

jametto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jun 2010, 7:17 am

Well when I was 15 I got labelled with borderline AS, he (government shrink) explained that he couldn't diagnose me as AS or autistic but if he had to call me anything it'd be borderline AS and was on the very tip of the spectrum.
Because of this it wasn't official enough for me to receive any carer benefits, I'm treated as NT. But I'm not, there is something that separates me from everyone else and it can only be autism (or possibly an anxiety disorder).

Anyway so I've been reading the increasing evidence on Mercury poisoning and decided to buy a magnetic bath treatment that draws it out of your body.
I used it months ago and it worked and stopped as I was saving the last bath for my parents. After months of waiting and them not doing anything I used that last batch today (which was max dosage which I've only done once before).

No study has proved the Mercury poisoning/autism link to be false, there have been numerous studies saying so however none have proven it, and they only regard the MMR vaccine (contrary to popular belief MMR vaccines are not the only source of Mercury and aren't even the most likely).

Anyway here are the results of my 5th bath.

The black is the Mercury, It floats in the water, and if you touch it your fingers shake and itch horridly. If you breathe it in you get a giant headspin.

When I first bought the clay, I ran a test bath (I never bathed in it) to see if the black would still be there. It wasn't, it was a dark gray with tiny black spots (the clay granules).

I've taken a sample off the bath floor and am going to get it tested professionally, to make sure it's mercury and not some other metal.
This could be the hope many of us are looking for, however it'll only work on some of us unfortunately.

zer0netgain
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 8:03 am

Interesting.

However, did you develop AS-like symptoms later in life or were you always seen as "odd?"

wblastyn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 8:13 am

If it was mercury poisoning surely the damage would have already been done? Also wouldn't your body have expelled it long ago?

IamTheWalrus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jun 2010, 8:30 am

the effects of mercury poisoning seem to be partly or fully reversible

but I am not sure if a magnetic bath would do any good

locating the source of contamination and avoiding further exposure would seem more logical

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 9:03 am

jametto wrote:
increasing evidence on Mercury poisoning and decided to buy a magnetic bath treatment that draws it out of your body.

That is bullshít, pure and simple, as any test of the black scum in the water would show.

There is no evidence linking autism and mercury, and plenty of circumstances where mercury exposure has been examined in excruciating detail. It does not stop charlatans selling chelating treatments, magnetic (mercury is not magnetic, by the way) cures and magical foot-detoxifying pads.

alex
Developer
Developer

03 Jun 2010, 9:08 am

StuartN wrote:
jametto wrote:
increasing evidence on Mercury poisoning and decided to buy a magnetic bath treatment that draws it out of your body.

That is bullshít, pure and simple, as any test of the black scum in the water would show.

There is no evidence linking autism and mercury, and plenty of circumstances where mercury exposure has been examined in excruciating detail. It does not stop charlatans selling chelating treatments, magnetic (mercury is not magnetic, by the way) cures and magical foot-detoxifying pads.

agreed. This is BS

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 10:50 am

You've been conned - I mean magnetic baths? That's bull. Whoever prescribed that to you is a quack or some other variant of con artist. They obviously tried to rip you off with a fake cure and your so called "recovery" is all in your head. It's like how homeopathy is another word for a placebo.

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 10:58 am

It sounds hinky but the OP seems to be taking a fairly objective approach. I'd be interested to see what the lab results are like and if he did manange to draw out some mercury this way. I'm skeptical but applaud the OP for his scientific reserve and willing to test results objectively. Of course one case isn't enough to prove anything, but it is the right approach. I hope he didn't pay a lot of money for any of this.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 11:08 am

It makes sense that taking a bath or shower might alleviate some of the social difficulties that even NTs might experience if they go without bathing long enough. I take a shower every day. I've never had a problem with mercury.

wblastyn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 11:23 am

sgrannel wrote:
It makes sense that taking a bath or shower might alleviate some of the social difficulties that even NTs might experience if they go without bathing long enough. I take a shower every day. I've never had a problem with mercury.

LOL

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 11:26 am

The science may be BS, but if the placebo effect is enough to make someone feel "better", it could be said to work for them.

Though, as I always say on this subject, I am against cures anyway.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 11:51 am

jametto wrote:

The black is the Mercury, It floats in the water, and if you touch it your fingers shake and itch horridly. If you breathe it in you get a giant headspin.

A better photo might help. I can't make head nor tail of whatever that is.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 11:55 am

Mercury is diamagnetic anyway. It wouldn't be "drawn out" by magnetic anything. (For those of you who haven't been in physics class for a while, "diamagnetic" means "weakly repelled by magnetic fields".)

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

jametto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jun 2010, 11:56 am

zer0netgain wrote:
Interesting.

However, did you develop AS-like symptoms later in life or were you always seen as "odd?"

When I was 8,

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 12:03 pm

So, my mom lived on Mercury and then gave birth to me on Earth?

jametto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Jun 2010, 12:08 pm

StuartN wrote:
jametto wrote:

There's evidence showing mercury in the blood of autistics compared to NT's. But yes nothing solid.

There is no evidence against it, it is not in detail. The tests have only tested, urine, stool, hair and blood.

All of those are waste products (with the exception of blood which is extremely unreliable for mercury poisoning as a google search will explain to you).
They've only tested waste products, that's the reason they're unreliable.

The autism Mercury poisoning is different, i'll explain.

The body has a natural chelater, it's called glutathione, That's what flushes metals out of our body, normal mercury poisoning is exposure to an overwhelming amount and the glutathione eventually flushes it out.

In autistics they can't flush it out, so the body has to store it away concealed in fat cells. Which is why it doesn't show up in any of these studys. There's no glutathione to flush it into the hair, urine, stool, sweat, skin. So all these naive studies are bogus (unless you can find me a large scale study where there were fat/tissue biopsies (still not 100% but reliable), there's no proof against it).

Now what does prove this glutathione deficient type of Mercury poisoning is this:

The widely proven fact that autistics are glutathione deficient. If you are deficient you can't flush out metals, nothing else in the body can flush heavy metals out.
So using typical science what does that tell you?

Last edited by jametto on 03 Jun 2010, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.