Mercury poisoning. For all you extremly mild mild Aspies.

Page 5 of 6 [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 1:28 pm

jametto wrote:

You all keep telling me there's no link in vaccines, fish, amalgam fillings or anything else that contains a LARGE toxic amount. I'm not talking about that at all. You are and that's because you're all failing to acknowledge that I'm not talking about....i'll even bold and underline it for you it for you... wait for it:

IM NOT TALKING ABOUT MERCURY POISONING CAUSED MY A TOXIC AMOUNT. I'M TALKING ABOUT MINISCULE AMOUNTS ACCUMILATING OVER THE YEARS,

ITS NOT THE SAME TYPE POISONING

Why would it be different? Mercury is a known neurotoxin and there's no disputing it's not good to have too much mercury freely floating about in fish, the air, where ever. We need to drastically decrease mercury contamination across the board, imo.

StuartN
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 2:18 pm

jametto wrote:
Autistics are glutathione deficient as proven multiple times, so how do the metals get flushed out?

Where are the scientific studies that "prove" that people with autism are all glutathione deficient? And what (scientific) evidence is there that this is relevant? I asked this before, and you provided a link to a newspaper (a medical newspaper yes, but not a scientific study). I don't want speculative and magical fantasies, I want cold, hard facts. Like these:

Jay K. Kolls. Autism’s false prophets: Bad science, risky medicine, and the search for a cure. Reviewed in the Journal of clinical Investigation http://www.jci.org/articles/view/38913

Autism Symptoms and Mercury Poisoning: The Myth of Thimerosol and Vaccines as a Cause of Autism. http://autism.suite101.com/article.cfm/ ... _poisoning

Mercury Levels In Children With Autism And Those Developing Typically Are The Same. ScienceDaily (Oct. 20, 2009) — In a large population-based study published online today, researchers at the UC Davis MIND Institute report that after adjusting for a number of factors, typically developing children and children with autism have similar levels of mercury in their blood streams. Mercury is a heavy metal found in other studies to adversely affect the developing nervous system. The study, appearing in the journal Environmental Health Perspectives, is the most rigorous examination to date of blood-mercury levels in children with autism. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/20 ... 162914.htm

jametto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jun 2010, 11:08 am

liloleme wrote:
I dont appreciate being called a "twat"....And so sorry to mess with your thread but It has also been proven that the mercury in fish is not enough to cause harm.

My husband says mercury is not magnetic and can not be diffused through the skin....he also says if you are really worried about it you can have a biopsy done to see if you are retaining mercury. If you want to debate with him he is a Doctor of Biology where as you just read stuff you google on the internet.

Sorry everyone in the thread had basically pushed me to breaking point.

I have no clue about the baths, they use adsorbtion and absorbtion to function. They say the clay is negatively charged ions whereas the mercury is positively charged, but if it's not megnetic then that mustn't be true. There's no studies on it or anything I just bought it on the basis of feedback of others.

He's a Dr? Cool. I've met a lot of actual doctors and a lot of textbook monkeys. Can you ask him how the body can flush out mercury when it has no glutathione/extreme lack of?

jametto
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jun 2010, 11:14 am

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
jametto wrote:

You all keep telling me there's no link in vaccines, fish, amalgam fillings or anything else that contains a LARGE toxic amount. I'm not talking about that at all. You are and that's because you're all failing to acknowledge that I'm not talking about....i'll even bold and underline it for you it for you... wait for it:

IM NOT TALKING ABOUT MERCURY POISONING CAUSED MY A TOXIC AMOUNT. I'M TALKING ABOUT MINISCULE AMOUNTS ACCUMILATING OVER THE YEARS,

ITS NOT THE SAME TYPE POISONING

Why would it be different? Mercury is a known neurotoxin and there's no disputing it's not good to have too much mercury freely floating about in fish, the air, where ever. We need to drastically decrease mercury contamination across the board, imo.

Due to it not being flushed out it ends up in different places, causing different things. You're a lot more susceptible to organ related damage, such as pancreatic cells which can cause a deficient DPP-4 enzyme and many other chain reactions. Which is why autism isn't just mercury poisoning, mercury poisoning is just the root. Well technically glutathione is but that's not the trigger.

They say the cause of glutathinoe deficiency is genetic and caused of a mutation to the GSS gene. Which could explain the genetic cause of autism.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 11:14 am

I was born AS. My biological mother was LF autistic.

Anastasia
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jun 2010, 4:59 pm

Does anyone know how Jenny MCcarthy cured her son? First of they all said her son could never be cured but now he is and now peeps are saying he never had it in the first place if he is now cured so I am confused. :?

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. ~e.e. cummings, 1955

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 5:06 pm

It is confusing. What gives?

psych
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 5:17 pm

if autism is in any way realted to glutathione defiency, wouldnt it be logical to take supplements - Would that work?

I did a little research into L-glutathione when i was trying to reverse noise-induced hearing damage last year*
Although you can buy L-Glutathione capsules at great expense, this is a complete waste of cash as it will be destroyed in the stomach and not absorbed at all. You need to take 2 supplements together so your body can synthesize it. One is ALA (alpha-lipoic acid) i forget the other one. Be cautious starting out with ALA though - the 'daily' dosage made me feel strange 'wired' and unsettled.

*you have a window of a few days to take antioxidants, magnesium, gluatathione precursors in order to flush out the free radicals from your inner-ear. Preferably starting ASAP to maximise your chances of full recovery. - worth knowing! If im ever anticipating risk of noise exposure, ill take some Mg beforehand just in case (remember that doing this doesnt eliminate the risk completely though - just a sensible precaution)

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 5:46 pm

Anastasia wrote:
Does anyone know how Jenny MCcarthy cured her son? First of they all said her son could never be cured but now he is and now peeps are saying he never had it in the first place if he is now cured so I am confused. :?
Short answer: She didn't.

Long answer:
From the information I have (including from her book and from people who've studied the possible medical implications), it looks as though Evan McCarthy was born with something like Asperger's or mild Kanner's autism. Before he "lost speech", Evan had very strong autistic traits. (This would be from McCarthy's book, which I don't recommend unless you want to torture yourself with bad writing, but which I read because I am apparently a masochist.)

Then he developed severe epilepsy; and as a result of his seizures, as often happens with such cases, he lost skills and was less and less able to cope with the information coming into his already overloaded sensory system. The epilepsy was eventually controlled. Once useful medication was found that didn't cause sedation, Evan began gaining skills back thanks to natural development and rather sensible therapy, possibly delayed somewhat by the way his mother also used some alternative-medicine strategies that might've taken up time he could've used playing and exploring.

In any event, Evan eventually gained the use of communicative speech, and his adaptive skills evidently returned to low-average for boys his age. Currently, if I had to make a guess, he is probably still firmly on the spectrum, but doing well.

The theory that Evan never had autism to begin with is based on the idea that he might have had Landau-Kleffner syndrome, which causes young children with epilepsy to lose language ability and often regain it later. If he did have this problem, that doesn't actually rule out underlying autism.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Anastasia
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jun 2010, 5:54 pm

Oh its just that I read somewhere where he was diagnosed as no longer autistic by a Dr. So he was diagnosed autistic then diagnosed as not autistic? But he still is? But who is saying he still is? His mother or other people?

To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you like everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. ~e.e. cummings, 1955

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 6:54 pm

Even if you did have mild mercury poisoning, you wouldn't be able to get the mercury out of your skin by leaching it out in a bath. And a good thing too! If that actually worked, it would suck out the metals you actually are using and need, such as iron. As people have pointed out, there isn't much charge to mercury. But there sure is to the iron in our blood. Thank goodness this bath doesn't do what it claims or everybody who used it would become anemic.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2010, 10:00 am

psych wrote:
Although you can buy L-Glutathione capsules at great expense, this is a complete waste of cash as it will be destroyed in the stomach and not absorbed at all. You need to take 2 supplements together so your body can synthesize it. One is ALA (alpha-lipoic acid) i forget the other one. Be cautious starting out with ALA though - the 'daily' dosage made me feel strange 'wired' and unsettled.

NAC (n-acetyl-cysteine)

that seems to be the main supplement recommended for increasing glutathione production.

IMO if you get into this dietary stuff, its sensible to look at the balance of your diet carefully and rectify any suspected deficiencies by introducing/increasing natural food sources before popping pills.

i looked up the wiki page on glutathione sythesase deficiency. No explicit mention of autism or mercury toxicity. although there seems to be some overlap. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glutathion ... deficiency

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 11:53 pm

Quote:
You can make anything scientific sound ridiculous.

THERE WAS A BANG AND WE'RE ALL HERE PLANETS AND LIFE POPPED UP OUT OF THE BLUE!!

That sounds ridiculous because it is ridiculous. That's far from the real big bang theory.

You seem to like words like "scientific" and "studies" and "proven". However, the unformation in your posts seems to have pseudo scientific elements .

IE : Regardless of whether there is a link between mercury and autism, the magnetic bath treatment you are proposing is one of those expensive alternative therapies that are not proven to work and most likely are just a waste of time. You posted a picture which quite francly looks like anything... Do you think it is actually mercury? I have no idea . What guarantee do you have it is mercury instead of just a bunch of stains caused from whatever the reaction between your treatment and your body salts and filth cause?...

Another part of your post that sounds like pseudoscience talking is the part in which you claim that "no study has proven the link to be false". If it was actual science, you would say that no study has proven the link to be true... We can't just assume the link to be true with no evidence whatsoever and expect studies to come and debunk it. Thing is that there have been no correctly made studies that were successful at proving any link between the two. Therefore science asks us not to assume it to be true. What you are suggesting is something in the line of "No experiment has proven God not to exist".

You have also said there are studies that have proven a link between Glutathione deficiency , autism and mercury poisoning, but you have linked nothing...

So the questions are..
- What are the studies you are mentioning?
- With what sort of confidence can you claim that your baths actually work at all?
- Forget about them working at all. Are you sure those baths are actually SAFE for you?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 12:16 am

I don't believe its caused by it and its unlikely every baby with autism has a ridiculous build up of mercury. All of us, aspies and NTs alike are riddled with heavy metal and don't trust these scams to get rid of it it can be very dangerous to detox yourself of heavy metals.

DeaconBlues
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 1:46 am

Whenever the OP tries to call something "scientific", all I can do is shake my head and do an Inigo Montoya imitation.

"You use that word so often. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 2:33 am

Mercury is not magnetic, therefore said magnetic bath would not do a thing. It's possible that it could also hurt you by drawing out metals that your body actually NEEDS (i.e. iron, it is both magnetic and essential to a functioning human body). I would not be drawn in by these claims.

Now as for the autism/mercury link, I have for a while come to the conclusion that while mercury poisoning may manifest symptoms similar to autism, it is merely a coincidence.

That is not to say, however, that a bodily imbalance of metals is not the cause or at least a contributing factor. I've heard that magnesium plays a large part in brain function and that lack of it may be a contributing factor; matter of fact right now I'm taking magnesium supplement along with a B-vitamin supplement to help absorb the Mg.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.