Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

WeatherFreak
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Jun 2010, 9:56 am

I watched Evangelion movie 1 last night blueray and wow , amazing from start to finish... If you guys n girls like huge beam weapons with huge explosions check out these movies :)

Going to watch 2.2 tonight !

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=4vM_Ub231Vw&feature=related

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 10:08 am

Sweet I <3 anime :)

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 11:30 am

was pretty good the first time I watched it, but it didnt hold up to multiple viewings. I think its just because the second time I saw it I was having a migraine attack in the middle of it :/

but yeah, I <3 Mecha Anime XD

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 11:34 am

I thought the TV version of Evangelion was pretty good; although I have to admit I stopped watching it before it got to the emotionally disturbing parts.

Kiti
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Jun 2010, 2:03 pm

Yes, I love huge beams and explosions! And muscular alien men fighting other muscular alien men... Evangelion sounds EPIC!

WeatherFreak
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Jun 2010, 4:14 pm

Kiti wrote:
Yes, I love huge beams and explosions! And muscular alien men fighting other muscular alien men... Evangelion sounds EPIC!

lol not sure on the muscular alien men part but this sure does have the rest :D

Just make sure you get the two latest movies 8)

WeatherFreak
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Jun 2010, 4:23 pm

[img][650:720]http://i49.tinypic.com/194589.jpg[/img]

[img][650:720]http://i50.tinypic.com/25fm492.jpg[/img]

[img][650:720]http://i46.tinypic.com/5duy40.jpg[/img]

CaptainIrate
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Jun 2010, 7:57 pm

My god, I haven't seen Evangelion in an eternety. My brother rented it and Excel Saga on dvd like five years ago, and I watched them with him. I remember the most terribly awkward scene, something like someone knocking and entering without a response, the someone in a towel, and then tripping and falling... Well, you get my point. I also remember a Nazi, explosions that look like crosses, and of course, the theme song.

kc8ufv
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 9:14 pm

The new movies basically sum up the original series, with some scenes dropped out, and reworked graphics on some things. (IE some of the CG looks more 3d. IIRC, they changed the colors and apearance of the Evas as well)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 10:11 pm

CaptainIrate wrote:
My god, I haven't seen Evangelion in an eternety. My brother rented it and Excel Saga on dvd like five years ago, and I watched them with him. I remember the most terribly awkward scene, something like someone knocking and entering without a response, the someone in a towel, and then tripping and falling... Well, you get my point. I also remember a Nazi, explosions that look like crosses, and of course, the theme song.

Ah yes, "Cruel Angel's Thesis". When I watched Evangelion last summer, that song would get stuck in my head for days on end.

WeatherFreak
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jun 2010, 3:41 am

CaptainIrate wrote:

and hands on breasts? , yes :lol:

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 4:01 am

What Nazi? There's no Nazi in Evangelion, is there? Unless Lorenz Kiehl is one and I haven't noticed... :huh:

On sabbatical...

CaptainIrate

06 Jun 2010, 8:35 pm

Quatermass wrote:
What Nazi? There's no Nazi in Evangelion, is there? Unless Lorenz Kiehl is one and I haven't noticed... :huh:

It was too long ago for me to remember, but I believe it was some German woman who reminded me very much of Nazis. When angry (which was very often), she rapidly yelled out phrases in German, probably with either very condescending or very hateful meaning. Although, it was long ago and I might be mistaken. That might have even been from Excel Saga, which I, as I stated earlier, watched in conjunction with Evangelion.

kc8ufv
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2010, 8:40 pm

CaptainIrate wrote:
Quatermass wrote:

It was too long ago for me to remember, but I believe it was some German woman who reminded me very much of Nazis. When angry (which was very often), she rapidly yelled out phrases in German, probably with either very condescending or very hateful meaning. Although, it was long ago and I might be mistaken. That might have even been from Excel Saga, which I, as I stated earlier, watched in conjunction with Evangelion.

Are you thinking of Kazurazaka Asuna? She was a half-German redhead, and frequently very quick to anger...

CaptainIrate

06 Jun 2010, 8:45 pm

kc8ufv wrote:
Are you thinking of Kazurazaka Asuna? She was a half-German redhead, and frequently very quick to anger...
That's the one! The redhead! ... Wait... Since when does German + Japanese = red hair? Well, that would be a good biology-based science project, even though I'm pretty sure it defies the laws of nature...

JimmyNeurtonRules
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 7:28 pm

I've seen the original series before and I remember hating the ending because it didn't make sense. As for the new reboot films that got recently released, I really adored the second movie with it's character changes and the animation! I really hope EVA 2.0 gets released to the US on DVD soon!