My last day of high school--over!

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 10:15 am

Since I was exempt from all my exams, I only had to go to school today to check in, and after that I left. That was my very last day of high school. I'll wait a while to let that sink in...

Unfortunately, I still have graduation to deal with. Tomorrow is graduation rehearsal, and it's at eight in the morning. :x Why are they making us get up so damn early? I'm not looking forward to rehearsal. My actual graduation is Sunday, and I'm not really looking forward to that, either. There's going to be hundreds of people there and it'll be chaotic once the ceremony is over and my anxiety levels are probably going to skyrocket.

I'll be sure to post up pictures of my graduation. :)

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 11:43 am

Congrats! Weird that your graduation is so close to the end of school. Ours we had to wait until September or October. We also didn't have a rehearsal, what do you need to rehearse?

After my final high school exam I went home and shaved my head. I had wanted to all through school but I knew I would get more weird looks from people than I was getting already, and I didn't want any extra attention. It was freeing though, I was free from school and free from hair. :lol:

demeus
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 11:43 am

Are you doing the graduation thing because you want to or because your parents want you to. I say that because technically, you do not have to cross the stage. What would happen is that the school would simply mail your diploma to your house.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 11:55 am

I finished school recently, too, I still have to go in for exams and went in yesterday for a revision session, but I don't have to go in and do lessons anymore, and in about a month my secondary school days are completely over (though I'm really hoping to be able to go back to the same place for college, that's completely different).

Since I'm in the UK, I'm lucky enough not to have any graduation ceremony, though the school has organised I party which I of course will not be attending, especially since they're trying to charge me for the bloody tickets (though, TBH, I wouldn't even go if they paid me).

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 12:01 pm

Lucky. I still have one more exam to do and then I have to go back to lessons for 3 weeks. I'm not sure what we're supposed to be doing in them though but I think it's taster lessons. Then it's work experience which I ain't bothering with. :lol:
Yeah I'm in the UK as well and I'm glad that we didn't have a graduation ceremony. If my school did I wouldn't have gone anyway. They had a prom type thing though. :roll: I was like "no freakin way am I going!" :P
Congrats on graduating though.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 12:07 pm

gemstone123 wrote:
Lucky. I still have one more exam to do and then I have to go back to lessons for 3 weeks. I'm not sure what we're supposed to be doing in them though but I think it's taster lessons. Then it's work experience which I ain't bothering with. :lol:
Yeah I'm in the UK as well and I'm glad that we didn't have a graduation ceremony. If my school did I wouldn't have gone anyway. They had a prom type thing though. :roll: I was like "no freakin way am I going!" :P
Congrats on graduating though.

Yeah I had one of those at the beginning of Year 9 (I think it was Year 9 anyway) to "celebrate" going into keystage 3. They made a stupidly big deal out of it, they had a ceremony in the assembly hall which they invited all the parents to and made all the pupils go up and get certificates.

Most people dressed up for it, I think I was the only person who just turned up in my school uniform and left right after (most people went to the party they had afterwards).

However, I went to a restaurant with my family instead, which I found to be much more enjoyable.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 1:05 pm

demeus wrote:
Are you doing the graduation thing because you want to or because your parents want you to. I say that because technically, you do not have to cross the stage. What would happen is that the school would simply mail your diploma to your house.

I already bought a cap and gown at the beginning of the school year (when I thought I had to attend graduation), and I have some family from out of town who will be coming, so I really have no choice but to go. My parents probably would have understood if I didn't want to go, because my mom didn't go to her high school graduation.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 1:29 pm

Congratulations! :D

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 1:44 pm

Congratulations!! ! :D All who equated high school to a form of aspie/autie prison say AYE!

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jun 2010, 11:30 pm

Peko wrote:
Congratulations!! ! :D All who equated high school to a form of aspie/autie prison say AYE!

High school wasn't really that bad for me. My only problem with it was that a lot of thugs and hooligans went to that school. My junior high years were the worst of all my years in the public school system. :(