Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 2:59 pm

Ok, after a lot of input both here and from my friends, family and therapists I have decided to go forward with the Autistic Princess videos on youtube. My son likes his videos but when we talked about it he decided that he didnt want "everyone" to see it. I and my daughters therapists have agreed that she will not be bothered by this. She loves attention and, as I said before, can not resist even her own reflection. She watches her own videos over and over. Can we say Narcissistic?.....Just kidding :D.
So if its ok with everyone could I post them here and you guys could give me your opinion on them? If we are portraying Autism in a positive light, ect. If not.. thats fine too otherwise anyone who is interested can just look up Autistic Princess on youtube and can find them. So far there is just the dancing one and I will be removing my sons videos unless he changes his mind. I may even post a video of me....eeeeek! I will work on some this weekend if I have time. Ive just been diagnosed with an autoimmune disorder that has me attacking my bones and the move is coming up. Got a lot going on but I think positive Autism awareness is VERY important.

alex
Developer
Developer

04 Jun 2010, 3:05 pm

sounds good.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 3:05 pm

This may sound like a stupid/offensive question but do these Autistic Princess videos involve pretend play or barbie dolls?

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 3:52 pm

I used to always do that to the Nutcracker...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 4:13 pm

I think that's very cute and very positive. :)

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 6:18 pm

Peko wrote:
This may sound like a stupid/offensive question but do these Autistic Princess videos involve pretend play or barbie dolls?

No...sorry for not explaining for the people that didnt know about my other post. They are videos of my daughter....she is 5 and was diagnosed with Autism at age 3. I just wanted to give people the opportunity to see that Autism is also a positive and happy thing and not always such a negative and tragic thing which is typically portrayed in the media and on youtube.

Oh, and thanks Alex :) .

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 12:09 pm

I think I just got what you mean Peko....sorry Im slow. No my daughter does not play with barbie dolls. My NT 20 year old daughter keeps buying them for her but all she does is take off their clothes and throw them in the toy box. She is starting to engage in pretend play. The other day she was having my sons dragons talking to each other in the back seat of the car...I need to start taking the camera with me, my husband could have got that, oh well, maybe it will happen again :).
I dont know if Ill get much done today because the Autistic Princess has the stomach flu :pale: ....poor baby!

MotherKnowsBest
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 2:33 pm

She is very sweet and it shows how she is just like any other little girl. Lovely.