One World Religion Will Solve All The World's Problems

Page 1 of 5 [ 68 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 6:53 am

Was reading on McCuthrie's thinktank webpage today that if there was only one religion then there would be no conflict in the world, so their plan is the following:

They want to combine Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Shinto, Buddhism, Confuscism, Atheism, Hinduism, Mormonism, Scientology, Paganism and Judaism into one religion. Jesus would be god, Mohammed would be his son, Moses would be his grandfather and the other guys would all be like their disciples so then there'd be no trouble in the world.

Thoughts?

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 6:59 am

Kill it with fire.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 7:03 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Kill it with fire.

I don't know if that would solve the problem as they've been killing each other for years and people of other races still hate each other. Would you pray to Jesus if it meant world peace?

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 7:06 am

mjs82 wrote:
Was reading on McCuthrie's thinktank webpage today that if there was only one religion then there would be no conflict in the world, so their plan is the following:

They want to combine Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Shinto, Buddhism, Confuscism, Atheism, Hinduism, Mormonism, Scientology, Paganism and Judaism into one religion. Jesus would be god, Mohammed would be his son, Moses would be his grandfather and the other guys would all be like their disciples so then there'd be no trouble in the world.

Thoughts?

:lol: That's funny (I'm just imagining the memo)
Religious ideologies evolve over thousands of years, the Judeo-Christianic god was originally one tribal god among many. I don't know enough about other religions, but the idea of a general announcement to the world to believe this not that is delightfully ridiculous. Good luck with that McCuthrie's thinktank.

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 7:13 am

Aimless wrote:
mjs82 wrote:

Thoughts?

:lol: That's funny (I'm just imagining the memo)
Religious ideologies evolve over thousands of years, the Judeo-Christianic god was originally one tribal god among many. I don't know enough about other religions, but the idea of a general announcement to the world to believe this not that is delightfully ridiculous. Good luck with that McCuthrie's thinktank.

McCuthrie Group receives funding from both the Republicans and Democrats, although I believe the Republicans fund more of it.

Their idea is to wipe out all the mistakes of the past and revise the text again. Their idea is to have nations adopt it as state religion and provide funding for new temples to be built but also it would have an online component.

I for one disagree with it as I believe most of the problems are caused by skin colour. Another of their ideas is to have all the races of the world interbreed together over a 100 year period in order to create one race. One Religion. One Race. One World. Does this solve the problem though?

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 7:20 am

mjs82 wrote:

Thoughts?

What a load of rubbish is my first thought. This person must be completely ignorant of the world or just plain idiotic. Of course there would still be conflict in the world. Religion is not the only source of it. Plus some a lot of religions are drastically different to another. How would you combine Christianity with say, Satanism for example. :lol: :roll:

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

mjs82
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 7:26 am

gemstone123 wrote:
mjs82 wrote:

Thoughts?

What a load of rubbish is my first thought. This person must be completely ignorant of the world or just plain idiotic. Of course there would still be conflict in the world. Religion is not the only source of it. Plus some a lot of religions are drastically different to another. How would you combine Christianity with say, Satanism for example. :lol: :roll:

They said Satan would be a disciple of Jesus.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 7:36 am

mjs82 wrote:
gemstone123 wrote:
mjs82 wrote:

Thoughts?

They're not even morons trying to appease everyone at once, they're just playing a joke.... Or at least I hope so, as this is just so sad if actually serious.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 7:58 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
mjs82 wrote:
gemstone123 wrote:
mjs82 wrote:

Thoughts?

They're not even morons trying to appease everyone at once, they're just playing a joke.... Or at least I hope so, as this is just so sad if actually serious.

:lol: Yeah. It's pretty pointless either way though.

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 8:07 am

I'm assuming there are billions of people that follow one religion or another. The idea that you could tell these billions of people to start believing something else is ludicrous. They don't believe what they believe because of some legislative action. I don't even think you can abolish religion and I agree, religion is not the only source of conflict. As a matter of fact I don't think religious wars are about religion. They are really all about power, territory and resources.

Ichinin
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 8:12 am

mjs82 wrote:
They want to combine Islam, Christianity, Judaism, Shinto, Buddhism, Confuscism, Atheism, Hinduism, Mormonism, Scientology, Paganism and Judaism into one religion.

I can see one, tinsy-winsy problem with that idea...

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 9:19 am

iamnotaparakeet wrote:
Kill it with fire.

Y'know, I tend to agree with that sentiment.

That being said, this idea reminds me of this comic:

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 9:19 am

mjs82 wrote:

Thoughts?
Scientology should not be included. It's not a religion, it's a business! So, with that said, let's all go worship Xenu. Jesus can be his right hand man, Mohammad is legal guardian, and Moses can be the next door neighbor, with the best garden and lawn care on the street.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 9:27 am

jamesongerbil wrote:
mjs82 wrote:

Thoughts?
Scientology should not be included. It's not a religion, it's a business! So, with that said, let's all go worship Xenu. Jesus can be his right hand man, Mohammad is legal guardian, and Moses can be the next door neighbor, with the best garden and lawn care on the street.

Buddha can be the wacky neighbor. :)

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 9:58 am

mjs82 wrote:

Thoughts?

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

ruveyn

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2010, 10:23 am

ruveyn wrote:
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

ruveyn

Good comment. I don't think that this will be as effective as the one ring though. For one, it won't make you go invisible.... well, except your mind, nobody will see that again.