Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

moomin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Apr 2006, 5:14 pm

i've just been reminded what it's like on other forums..where people are completely nasty and rude for no reason. I'm never going to go to any other forums ever again!

why are people so damn rude?

sc
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2006, 5:16 pm

It gets like that here sometimes, but the few that were like that when I came here, I socially distroyed and made unpopular.

I love WrongPlanet!

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2006, 6:43 pm

People are always nastier on the internet than they are in real life because they wouldn't have the guts/nerve to do it to someones face. You're better than them.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2006, 6:50 pm

I notice the difference.

We are nice!

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2006, 7:22 pm

I don't know but maybe you're looking at the wrong forums. Those there are such a lot of rude nasty people every where. Don't worry about it you'll find some other forums that aren't that nasty. Take care and we won't be nasty and rude to you.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2006, 7:47 pm

I've been to plenty of forums that aren't filled with nasty people, and plenty that have. It tends to depend on how tightly-knit the group is. Big sites, like, say, HarryPotter.com, are notorious for this.

I love message board roleplaying though, so I must continue going to other sites.

moomin
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Apr 2006, 3:52 am

well, it's the Derren Brown Forum(anyone heard of hi-bit like David Blaine only much more interesting and clever ie doesn't sit around in perspex boxes!).
anyway, it's sad that some people have to drag down otherwise interesting forums. All i wanted to do was chat about a dress site i'd found, and a few idiots started putting up pictures and ranting about how fat the people on ther were!
i didn't let it lie though, i had a right go at them - i refuse to be bullied!
5 pages later- we didn't get far but i felt at least i'd gotten my point across!

linuxGuy555
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Apr 2006, 7:47 am

I agree. I really like WrongPlanet's friendly atmosphere. Most other sites on the web don't come close to it!

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2006, 10:32 am

moomin wrote:
well, it's the Derren Brown Forum(anyone heard of hi-bit like David Blaine only much more interesting and clever ie doesn't sit around in perspex boxes!).
anyway, it's sad that some people have to drag down otherwise interesting forums. All i wanted to do was chat about a dress site i'd found, and a few idiots started putting up pictures and ranting about how fat the people on ther were!
i didn't let it lie though, i had a right go at them - i refuse to be bullied!
5 pages later- we didn't get far but i felt at least i'd gotten my point across!

At least you got you're point across and told them what they needed to hear.