Do you think this pro-israel rally is hateful?

Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Omerik
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Jun 2010, 8:42 pm

Tequila wrote:

That is all.

jc6chan wrote:
Lets keep things balanced here lol.

This is balance:
[img][800:1125]http://www.gush-shalom.org/media/pics/gushlogo.gif[/img]
f**k it, nothing personal here, just so sick of people justifying Israel's actions, or Palestinian leadership's actions, when living abroad.
You are just like the generals themselves, playing in a strategy game. Truth is, everyone suffers here. Until we understand it, there is no hope for us.

I don't know if anyone of you is Jewish/Arab, but I'm just so sick of people "taking a side" here, like my life is some kind of a computer game. I just want peace and quiet, with my Arab and Jewish friends, who don't give a f**k about governments and regimes.

As my friends says - it's not called "Israel", and not "Palestine" - it is called "the universe". It belongs to everyone who wants to live here. Too bad not all of those share the same views as I do.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jun 2010, 9:26 pm

Omerik wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
The narrative of being a victim is a key part to the Jewish culture...

You were probably not 100% serious here - but that's how it is.
I'm the last one to defend Israel's actions - as an Israeli - but yes, most Israelis always feel the victim. Are they wrong? Of course. Still, it's easy for you to judge. Our people have been through so many disasters and racial abuses, that most Israelis don't trust other nations. It is sad, I know. And I don't agree with this paranoia. I fight it within Israel. But that's how it is, and unless you understand it, you can't argue with Israel supporters. Just as Israel supporters can't argue with Palestine supporters, when they can't see their point of view.

Truth is - everyone's blind to one another. Again, I'm not justifying Israel's actions. I think it was disrespectful for the soldiers themselves, to send them to be lynched with colour rifles, or whatever you call it in English. I'm considered radical in Israel, because I'm an anarchist, and believe everyone should live wherever they want, and that's it. But I understand where this Jewish paranoia comes from, because I live in a Jewish family, and have a Jewish history.

Just as much as Palestinians don't want to kill Jews, but just to live in peace in their land, Israelis don't want to kill Arabs, but are just afraid, because of our history. Yes, politicians deceive the public. But it's easy for you to say this when you live far away, and don't realise what it means to be Jewish. We just expect suffering. It's hard to explain to people from outside, but that's how it is.

And again - I DON'T support Israel's actions. I voted for the only Jewish-Arab party in the Knesset.

I was being hyperbolic but it's something I've observed that some people try to keep in the warm part of the subconscious in Jewish people...like as if it's wanted to be stored fresh for tapping into. "You ARE a victim. They ARE after you. They all HATE you because you're different." It's not all the time, it's not everywhere and I'm fairly certain most Jewish people don't live thinking it...but it's kept there with the right stories and subjects. Kinda like the missing white woman/girl syndrome; which, is always a good way to stir up controversy here against drugs or minorities or the internet. I kinda have to wonder if maybe it fuels the media like horror movies...people watch it because they want to be scared. It sells papers/ad time so it ends up making up more and more of the news and the tone of the news.

It's just hard to feel as sympathetic for that paranoia when the people on the other side are more recently and more often (in recent history) the victim in the social wheel of humanity*.

*Along with blacks who can't seem to catch a break at any time...which is why there's a rich history between Jewish people and black people here, especially in the music business.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 11:34 am

skafather84 wrote:
Omerik wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
The narrative of being a victim is a key part to the Jewish culture...

You were probably not 100% serious here - but that's how it is.
I'm the last one to defend Israel's actions - as an Israeli - but yes, most Israelis always feel the victim. Are they wrong? Of course. Still, it's easy for you to judge. Our people have been through so many disasters and racial abuses, that most Israelis don't trust other nations. It is sad, I know. And I don't agree with this paranoia. I fight it within Israel. But that's how it is, and unless you understand it, you can't argue with Israel supporters. Just as Israel supporters can't argue with Palestine supporters, when they can't see their point of view.

Truth is - everyone's blind to one another. Again, I'm not justifying Israel's actions. I think it was disrespectful for the soldiers themselves, to send them to be lynched with colour rifles, or whatever you call it in English. I'm considered radical in Israel, because I'm an anarchist, and believe everyone should live wherever they want, and that's it. But I understand where this Jewish paranoia comes from, because I live in a Jewish family, and have a Jewish history.

Just as much as Palestinians don't want to kill Jews, but just to live in peace in their land, Israelis don't want to kill Arabs, but are just afraid, because of our history. Yes, politicians deceive the public. But it's easy for you to say this when you live far away, and don't realise what it means to be Jewish. We just expect suffering. It's hard to explain to people from outside, but that's how it is.

And again - I DON'T support Israel's actions. I voted for the only Jewish-Arab party in the Knesset.

I was being hyperbolic but it's something I've observed that some people try to keep in the warm part of the subconscious in Jewish people...like as if it's wanted to be stored fresh for tapping into. "You ARE a victim. They ARE after you. They all HATE you because you're different." It's not all the time, it's not everywhere and I'm fairly certain most Jewish people don't live thinking it...but it's kept there with the right stories and subjects. Kinda like the missing white woman/girl syndrome; which, is always a good way to stir up controversy here against drugs or minorities or the internet. I kinda have to wonder if maybe it fuels the media like horror movies...people watch it because they want to be scared. It sells papers/ad time so it ends up making up more and more of the news and the tone of the news.

It's just hard to feel as sympathetic for that paranoia when the people on the other side are more recently and more often (in recent history) the victim in the social wheel of humanity*.

*Along with blacks who can't seem to catch a break at any time...which is why there's a rich history between Jewish people and black people here, especially in the music business.

Bold face racism topic

The history of anti-Judaism is a long and torrid one, and documented by both perpetrators and victims. The newest spin is that Jews are responsible for Aids, the Global meltdown, natural disasters such as tsunamis (according to Iranian and Pakistani clerics) and, of course, the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

I guess some white people have rhythm. :roll:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 11:57 am

sartresue wrote:
The newest spin is that Jews are responsible for Aids, the Global meltdown, natural disasters such as tsunamis (according to Iranian and Pakistani clerics) and, of course, the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

Same stories go against the US, too. I'm not up on my racism lure but I find it hard to believe that it's a uniquely Jewish thing.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 7:25 am

Omerik wrote:
You are just like the generals themselves, playing in a strategy game.

RTS is my favorite genre actually, and if I really wanted to see civilian casualties inflicted, then I wouldn't send in infantry units with tear gas, paintball guns, or actual firearms. I'd use artillery, missiles, or torpedoes rather than waste manpower and risk the lives of my troops trying to board the boat. Israel would get the same negative publicity that it always gets anyway, since use of any level of force is always equated with use of deadly force for them. If the Israeli Defense Force were intentionally seeking conquest and genocide, then they aren't doing a good job of it.