Unbearable....... 38%  38%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 37

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 3:22 am

danieltaiwan wrote:
dwh wrote:
An obsolete OS that has been replaced with Win7.

Seriously, why even talk about Vista these days? If you're setting up a new PC, get Windows 7 on it. If you have an existing Vista PC, seriously consider upgrading it to 7.

:P my experience of 7 is just Vista with a different task bar.

Not true, it has much better performance and is a little more secure. Remember, though, this is still Windows we're talking about, but it's a damn lot better than Vista.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jun 2010, 4:01 pm

Windows is a pane.

I mean pain.

Windows sucks, no matter what the version. Macs rule. Period.

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

lxuser
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jun 2010, 5:05 am

I don't know which is worse Millennium or Vista!!

I agree with the above poster on one thing Windows sucks no matter what version!!

LordoftheMonkeys
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2010, 9:06 am

Jookia wrote:
Winodws 7 uses more resources than Vista (go look it up, two google searches for the system requirements for each and go to the Microsoft site).

Windows 7 may be better than Vista, but that doesn't mean it's not a steaming pile of sh**.
The other day I booted in to it and after a year of perfectly good use, the audio didn't work and YouTube lagged.

Now I'm 100% GNU/Linux.

Well, system requirements for Windows keep getting higher. That's true with any operating system, or any piece of software for that matter; the more resources computers provide the more it takes up. Linux is an exception to this. I don't know about YouTube. I was able to watch YouTube videos just find in Windows 7. Maybe if you used Firefox instead of IE.

I have Windows 7 installed on my laptop, and I have it booted into Linux from a CD, and I have gripes with both of them. The main thing I don't like about Windows 7 is how slow and tedious it is to go through the filesystems. In Windows XP, if I double clicked on an icon, it would open, but in 7, that doesn't work, so I have to either right click it and select open, or, if I'm in Windows Explorer I can select the icon, then move the mouse up to a clicky button in the menu bar that says "Open". To much clicking for a keyboard-loving guy like me. It's ridiculous. Also, whenever I have the mouse hovering over a menu item for more than about two seconds, it opens it without my permission. Clippy may be gone, but Windows still tries to make your decisions for you, as if it knows more about what you want than you do. My main gripe with Linux is that it has crappy full-screen animation, though I've heard this can be fixed.

eagletalon86
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Jun 2010, 1:47 pm

If given the option I would upgrade to 7, otherwise XP runs a lot faster and uses less resources. The stripped down version of XP I'm running is even faster than the default install, maybe a dual boot with Linux if I had a second drive and didn't have an ATI card :/

danieltaiwan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jun 2010, 7:20 pm

7 sucked for me. It didn't even recognize my drivers and it crashed and I had to repartition the drive. Linux on the other hand did and I didn't have to install my drives because they installed automatically. I use Linux and XP only now.

Invincible
Raven
Raven

23 Jun 2010, 1:36 pm

mesona wrote:
I am stuck on Vista till I get a new job and I hate it! always slow always crashing always bad!

P.S love your sig cyberscan!

That's because Vista needs at least 3 Gigs or more of RAM.

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 9:19 pm

Windows NO!, Ubuntu Linux Si! I left Windows four years ago and migrated to Ubuntu Linux and since then I have never looked back. When I got a new PC and a new laptop this year I played around a bit with the installed Windows OS, but quickly remembered why I hate uSoft garbage ware.

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!