Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 7:59 pm

I've been wondering if I should just go ahead and chop a few inches of my hair myself or wait for my parents to arrange an unwanted trip to a hairstylist :roll:? Last time I had my hair cut it was a disaster & ended up having 3 haircuts (2 at home) in one day to fix the damage... plus with sensory issues I only like people I've known awhile (like my parents, grandfather (retired barber) or family friend) cut my hair. I need to cut at least 2-5 inches b/c its below my shoulders & so thick (medium-thick hair on a small head & thin neck) that it weighs down my neck to the point it hurts to keep my head up. Stiff neck much... But I'm not exactly good with scissors. :? My parents want to take me to the person who does my one mom & aunt's hair, but they have short hair & mine is long & thick & if its too short it curls like mad & looks crazy.

luvmyaspie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 8:58 pm

Hi :)

Can you ask one of the people you've known for a while, who you mentioned, to give you a hair cut?

If you're not confident, don't do it yourself.

Also, explain to your parents the reservations you have about your mum & aunt's hairdresser and let them know that if you agree to use their hairdresser against your better judgment, and then despise the cut, you won't be quick to forgive. :x

My son has the sensory issues as well, especially on his scalp. Ever since the day he went ballistic (kicked the mirror he was sat in front of repeatedly with both feet and then curled himself up on the chair and didn't interact with anyone for hours after) at the hairdresser's when he was seven, before we knew he had Asperger's, he gets to choose who cuts his hair :D . He's 14 now and wears his hair long.

Hope I helped :? good luck with it.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 9:24 pm

luvmyaspie wrote:
Hi :)

Can you ask one of the people you've known for a while, who you mentioned, to give you a hair cut?

If you're not confident, don't do it yourself.

Also, explain to your parents the reservations you have about your mum & aunt's hairdresser and let them know that if you agree to use their hairdresser against your better judgment, and then despise the cut, you won't be quick to forgive. :x

Can't ask someone I know b/c my grandfather's hands aren't good & no one in my family wants to touch my hair with scissors (their not confident as well). And your definitely right about if their is a problem, I won't be quick to forgive.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 9:45 pm

I think that you should get it done professionally.