Have you ever wished to be NT .....even for once ?

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Have you ever wished to be NT .....even once ?
Yes 35%  35%  [ 49 ]
Yes 35%  35%  [ 49 ]
No 15%  15%  [ 21 ]
No 15%  15%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 140

Sarcastic_Name
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2006, 8:27 pm

I was too busy crying in Middle School over why I'm misunderstood to think about being normal. Now a days, is there even a normal anyways?

parts
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2006, 10:04 pm

Sarcastic_Name wrote:
I was too busy crying in Middle School over why I'm misunderstood to think about being normal. Now a days, is there even a normal anyways?

No, the realy is no normal.

aspiegirl2
Veteran
Veteran

15 Apr 2006, 10:06 pm

Sometimes in times of great stress I wished that I was an NT, but only for small incriments of time. Sometimes I would wish that I was one because at times I feel alone, and I would want to atleast have some friend to talk to at the moment. But most of the time I know that I wouldn't want to change the Asperger's inside of me, since I wouldn't be me, nor wouldn't like being me, without Asperger's. Both sides have different advantages I guess; I just like Asperger's most of the time.

I'm 24 years old and live in WA State. I was diagnosed with Asperger's at 9. I received a BS in Psychology in 2011 and I intend to help people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, either through research, application, or both. On the ?Pursuit of Aspieness?.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2006, 8:11 am

Probably but only in the same sense that I've wished to be dead, i.e. when not being rational.

Nan
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2006, 11:17 am

LePetitPrince wrote:
Many autistics refuse to be cured ...but have u ever wished in your entire life to be a NT , even for once?
When i am sad and depressed i wish if I can see things like the rest of the people ...like a NT ....I dunno but this what I feel sometimes when I am depressed .

Yes, every now and then.

Aesthete
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

16 Apr 2006, 12:05 pm

Every now and then, yes. On the whole, I'm fine with myself. I assume that becoming NT would entail forfeiting the many benefits that AS bears. If I was hypothetically capable of change I'd have to meditate upon it a bit. I think the biggest drawback of AS is lack of capability to form bonds. I don't desire many bonds at all. What I do desire, however, is one good bond. Just one, and no more. This bond probably with an NT. This way I'd be with someone who shares my interests and way of thinking, but has opposite personality traits. They'd come in handy to facilitate the advance of our copulation and they'll make up for the traits I lack.

Being an NT would probably help me do better in the high school part of my life. But that phase of life is just that, a phase. A transitory state of suffering. On the brighter side, I can reside within the confines of my own mind to find comfort. I've always been able to do this as far back as I can remember. It helps in the same way a drug helps, to alleviate the pain of reality and the isolation by constructing a false reality in which I can take comfort in. When we think about it long and hard, why does it matter if we enjoy our lives in a false reality or in a real one? It doesn't at all. But I see a false reality as capable of pleasure only to a certain extent, due to awareness of our physical reality. So the pleasure the latter can bear is exponentially quantifiable unlike false reality.

I know the way in which my desires point me. I know exactly how all the s**t that's piled on me know can be eradicated. I know how to vindicate myself. But I lack the power right now, as I'm a 15 year old living with my parents in a s**thole. But when I get the power, I'll find a way to seek what I want in life. I know I will. Perhaps this demeanor is somewhat influenced by AS. If so, forget about giving it up. The lack of capacity for sociality can be worked on. So can everything else negative about AS. That's why I think I wouldn't trade in anything. The demise of all negatives can be accomplished. The atrophy of living a good life can start by loss of prudence. I do think the logical capabilities endowed intrinsically in us with AS can be used for out advantage when it comes to getting where we want to go. The will power is there as well.

Or will my optimistic philosophy merely work in theory, but not practice? I think it can work. But I'll see eventually. Thanks to the band Tool for introducing me to the philosophy of optimism with their album Lateralus. Those who expect good thing have a better chance of getting it!

Aeturnus
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2006, 2:48 am

As a child, I have to admit that I hated it. I just wanted everything to end. As I got older, however, I had truly no choice but to accept who I am. This is who I am, and this is what I'm going to be. I either have to deal with it or die. It's that simple.

And, I have to say, as I got older, I found myself more at ease with who I am. Yeah, there are still some times when I wish I were NT, but there are also those times when I wish I weren't. There are positive traits to being an aspie. That's what I need to focus on, that and what I can do with these traits to ensure success.

Nothing's easy, but then again ... who says NTs have an easy life? Most say that they enjoy life, but then how does one enjoy life when faced with divorce, for example? Not that there aren't aspies that don't have these problems, but saying that NTs don't have problems is far from the truth.

- Ray M -

Jonny
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Apr 2006, 3:21 pm

I wish to be an NT everyday of my life.

ADoyle
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2006, 12:30 am

I've never had any desire to be anything other than I am. I'm not diseased, nor am I suffering at all. My life is not a label, nor do I want to be "cured." The focus should be on curing comorbids like anxiety, depression, etc.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2006, 1:11 pm

It is very easy for me to see that if I were an NT s**t would be just as hard, but i'd be stupid too.

Legion
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Apr 2006, 2:29 pm

lol

i've nothing to add. lol

aspiesmom1
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Apr 2006, 2:37 pm

Nomaken wrote:
It is very easy for me to see that if I were an NT s**t would be just as hard, but i'd be stupid too.

Broad, sweeping generalizations are generally full of useless information.

High IQ being the bastion of the autistic being one of them.

My son has AS, I am NT. My IQ is 15 points higher than his, and he *is* considered to have a well-above average IQ.

Nomaken
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2006, 5:03 pm

In my understanding of intelligence IQ points are pretty meaningless.

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2006, 9:52 pm

Of course. I always wished to be NT when I was in the 11th grade (around the time that my diagnosis was officially delivered to me in the form of a packet) because upon reading the packet, and doing web research, I sort of indulged myself into a false belief that every problem in my life was because of my AS. That cannot possibly be correct. And even if it was, I would probably have the same # of problems if I were born NT; just very different ones.

But at the moment, I'm not sure. In the next life, however, I wish to be born NT.

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2006, 10:22 pm

All the time. I don't know if I'd take a cure because having this DOES have benefits, but the truth is I'm truly, truly miserable from just merely existing in this world. It's not just asperger's, a big part of it's also my severe sensory defensiveness. THAT I wish I didn't have. THAT I'd take a cure for in a second.

Bland
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2006, 7:47 am

8O No way! They don't think right!