Page 24 of 25 [ 396 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

CrazyCatLord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 11:57 am

Robdemanc wrote:
Can I ask what the purpose of it is? I do not believe in a diety.

Dieties can easily be disproved using orthography ;)

LunaticOnTheGrass
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Apr 2012, 12:42 pm

I would like to be a part of this group. Babies are Delicious, there is no anthropomorphic sky-man frittering away his time worrying about my sexual orientation or what I do with my body, I am a gay lesbian atheistic muslim fascist communist. Do I check out?

PM
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 12:49 pm

LunaticOnTheGrass wrote:
I would like to be a part of this group. Babies are Delicious, there is no anthropomorphic sky-man frittering away his time worrying about my sexual orientation or what I do with my body, I am a gay lesbian atheistic muslim fascist communist. Do I check out?

Sarcasm?

LunaticOnTheGrass
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Apr 2012, 1:05 pm

Sarcasm, yes. But I literally am an Atheist.

...I guess in retrospect, introducing myself sarcastically was a bad idea. :oops:

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 1:19 pm

LunaticOnTheGrass wrote:
Sarcasm, yes. But I literally am an Atheist.

...I guess in retrospect, introducing myself sarcastically was a bad idea. :oops:

No no... it was perfect

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

16 Apr 2012, 2:42 pm

When I stop being so lazy, I may actually update the members list.

Alfonso12345
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jul 2012, 10:12 am

I really don't believe in any existing deities, but I guess I am too open minded to say the possibility of a deity of some kind existing is impossible.

Edit: I guess I misunderstood requirement 2. I would be more than willing to speak out against the notion of a deity existing, when there is no proof to believe in one. For some strange reason, I thought this meant being required to speak out against the possibility that there could be one even though no one knows.

Last edited by Alfonso12345 on 12 Jul 2012, 9:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Lord_Gareth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jul 2012, 10:32 am

Vigilans wrote:
I am an Atheist, but I believe that if a deity were to exist, it is not supernatural, but rather extra-terrestrial or extra-universal. So I don't know where I stand in relation to most other atheists

I was just archive trawling this thread when I ran across this. I must ask - what's the distinction between extra-universal, extra-dimensional, and ultra-terrestrial?

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 1:33 pm

Lord_Gareth wrote:
Vigilans wrote:
I am an Atheist, but I believe that if a deity were to exist, it is not supernatural, but rather extra-terrestrial or extra-universal. So I don't know where I stand in relation to most other atheists

I was just archive trawling this thread when I ran across this. I must ask - what's the distinction between extra-universal, extra-dimensional, and ultra-terrestrial?

I am not familiar with "ultra-terrestrial" but extra-universal and extra-dimensional both have similar meanings. I don't know if anyone else uses the term extra-universal or if that is my own neologism, but it refers to an entity from a different universe. Extra-dimensional would refer to beings that exist in different dimensions within the same universe.

Lord_Gareth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jul 2012, 1:35 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Lord_Gareth wrote:
Vigilans wrote:

I am not familiar with "ultra-terrestrial" but extra-universal and extra-dimensional both have similar meanings. I don't know if anyone else uses the term extra-universal or if that is my own neologism, but it refers to an entity from a different universe. Extra-dimensional would refer to beings that exist in different dimensions within the same universe.

The only place I've run into "ultra-terrestrial" is RPG books that use it to refer to entities coming from other "dimensions" like an Astral plane or the realm of Faerie; I'd just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing some subtle distinction, y'know?

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jul 2012, 2:09 pm

Some theists I have met found my idea that a "deity" would not be a supernatural being if it existed very offensive. Literal proof of a deity's existence would just raise more questions than answer them.

Lord_Gareth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jul 2012, 7:18 pm

Vigilans wrote:
Some theists I have met found my idea that a "deity" would not be a supernatural being if it existed very offensive. Literal proof of a deity's existence would just raise more questions than answer them.

To start with, "If you have that much power, why are you such a dick?" and, "So...about that 'dying' thing..."

MarthaCannary
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jul 2012, 2:14 am

Hi! My name is Martha and I am an Atheist... I've been clean for over twenty years... :twisted:

Though when the Census guy finally caught me last year I told him that I was a Jedi Knight and I worship His Holy Tentacled One: FSM.... From the reaction I got, I gathered he had heard this one before... His snorting didn't sound like laughter, it sounded like derision....

I was raised JW by a pill addicted booze hound whore, sorry, whores get paid she was just a slut.... :roll: I woke up and checked out other "religions"... all the same fuzzy do gooder gimme money so I can feel good go to heaven brainless BS, HYPOCRISY!! !! and lies. The slut wasted almost forty years of her life trying to become one of them, she never even realized she drank the Cool-Aid. Got herself "baptized", whoo-dee-doo, then got herself dis-fellowshipped when she committed adultery....... *snicker*

No deity, maybe beings, like ourselves, far superior of course, way off in some far flung galaxy far far away. We as a species will never get to meet any of them, our planet will be star food long before anyone comes to enlighten us. We are on our own Kats and Kittens, get over it. No heaven, no hell. We are the top of the food chain, as sad as that is.

Things needs to be real for me, I have to be able to see it, smell it, touch it, taste it, etc etc Everything needs to be quantifiable. If I do not understand something right away, I will research it to death until I know every little bitty scrap of information about it. The moment someone says the word "faith" to me, my warning system goes into full BS mode (the "you just need to BELIEVE" people are included by proxy).

I get into brutal arguments with my boyfriend about religion (converted from christian to jewish), I think he's slowly becoming an Atheist, I guess what I have said, at great length at times, has made some sense. That and he loves bacon (who doesn't?) and he can not resist my candied ham..... :twisted:

People call me odd, or say I have a weird way of thinking about things... I'm just struggling to stay alive on a planet infested with this mental disease called "religion".

Egesa
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jul 2013, 8:20 pm

@ Awesomelyglorious, I noticed your awsomelyglorious debating at http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt235297.html and followed the link.

Count me in!

Awesomelyglorious
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 9:17 pm

Egesa wrote:
@ Awesomelyglorious, I noticed your awsomelyglorious debating at http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt235297.html and followed the link.

Count me in!

LOL! This thread has been forgotten for a year. It's really sort of funny, on PPR, we actually had contests on the most strident atheist because Master_Pedant(who doesn't always post now) had wanted to stir up the waters.

Master_Pedant
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2013, 9:59 pm

Awesomelyglorious wrote:
Egesa wrote:

Count me in!

LOL! This thread has been forgotten for a year. It's really sort of funny, on PPR, we actually had contests on the most strident atheist because Master_Pedant(who doesn't always post now) had wanted to stir up the waters.

Indeed, the heyday of my rein of terror has long since passed.

Orwell used to post a lot here, too. That was always crashing good fun. Amazing how the years fly by.