Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 2:10 am

SoftKitty wrote:
IdahoRose wrote:
This thread reminded me of how much I love this song (click)

(Is it weird that every time I hear this song, the only thought running through my head is "this is what I'd perform if I were a drag king?")

That song is so gay. It does not remind me of Jimmy Dean at all. Maybe just of Jimmy Dean in a drag :-)

I feel better knowing I'm not the only person who gets gay feels from that song. :)

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 2:18 am

It is thought by some that James Dean was gay.

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2013, 2:35 am

Robdemanc wrote:
It is thought by some that James Dean was gay.

Possibly, but it depends on whom you´re gonna talk with. Some actresses said he was straight and that he was just experimenting. Some said he was gay, but he could not come out as gay because in those days, it was thought to be a mental illness (being gay). And the rest says he was merely a bisexual. I myself think he was BI, because he once said that he "could not live with one hand tied behind his back", and then he - I guess - said he likes to have both male and female lovers, but who knows, really. I think that James himself was so confused about his whole personality and life, that he possibly would not be able to tell you if he was gay or not even NOW, if he made it to these days. Anyway, if I lived near him in the fifties, I´d be in love with him either way.

SoftKitty
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 2:04 pm

because I have a knack for emotionally damaged men. I don´t wanna "cure" them, because no one (but themselves) can, but the occasional emotional vulnerability and moodiness attract me. I don´t know why, but they do.

Robdemanc
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 2:12 pm

SoftKitty wrote:
because I have a knack for emotionally damaged men. I don´t wanna "cure" them, because no one (but themselves) can, but the occasional emotional vulnerability and moodiness attract me. I don´t know why, but they do.

It is considered an attractive feature in men. I read that aspie men can come across like this and it attracts women to them, or men as well.

James Dean seemed to make this feature project through the lens and onto the screen.

glow
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 3:31 pm

Aimless wrote:
He was the heart throb of his day and died a tragic death in a car accident. Wasn't he the one that said "Live fast,die hard and leave a beautiful corpse"?

That couldn't be truer of J.Dean. He got on well with liz taylor too in Giant.

This one here from an artists impression made me think about those stars in a whole new light

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 6:09 pm

Bruce Lee was just as cool as that guy ;)

Actually I believe Dennis Hopper used to call him "Jimmy".......

Wasn't Dean bi or gay , wouldn't surprise me ?

glow
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2013, 6:28 pm

Now i'm casually distracted again, from the source of a belated epidural

You're thinking of Rock Hudson, not the star that came to town.