Page 2 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jun 2010, 5:53 am

Why can't they both live in Israel if they both think its so great. Honestly I just feel bad for the civillians who want peace and get caught in the crossfire.

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2010, 6:48 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KPSVpJ291c[/youtube]

Malachi_Rothschild
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jun 2010, 8:01 am

Omerik,

I know you mean well and agree with your general sentiment, but please don't conflate Jews with Israelis. As an American Jew I'm not in conflict with Arabs. Incidentally, there are Arab Jews but the term has fallen into disuse because it leads to confusion. Perhaps the clearest thing to say is Palestinian/Israeli conflict.

TheBear
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2010, 2:51 pm

I'm a Jew (granted, not as religously observant as others on here, but I'm working on that), and I think at the same time, you could say I'm pretty Zionist in that I believe Israel is only for Jews. That being said, I believe that the Palestinians need their own state, specifically Gaza and the West Bank--as far as I'm concerned, the Golan is irrelevant to Palestinian statehood. I think the settlers are doing more harm than good, but overall, I don't see how Israel is supposed to have peace with people who believe it is a commandment from Allah that they destroy Israel and kill all the Jews. For us, Hamas and Hezbollah are not much different from Hitler.

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 2:59 pm

TheBear wrote:
people who believe it is a commandment from Allah that they destroy Israel and kill all the Jews.

That's not what they believe. Well, maybe the destroy Israel part just because they see it as a foreign invasion on their land and believe it necessitates a call to defensive jihad but they don't want to kill all the Jews. Maybe kill all the Zionists since the political belief that they own that patch of land is the centerpoint of all their belief, but not all Jews. And one does not necessarily have to believe that religious nonsense about a homeland to be Jewish.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

iamnotaparakeet
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 3:24 pm

skafather84 wrote:
TheBear wrote:
people who believe it is a commandment from Allah that they destroy Israel and kill all the Jews.

That's not what they believe. Well, maybe the destroy Israel part just because they see it as a foreign invasion on their land and believe it necessitates a call to defensive jihad but they don't want to kill all the Jews. Maybe kill all the Zionists since the political belief that they own that patch of land is the centerpoint of all their belief, but not all Jews. And one does not necessarily have to believe that religious nonsense about a homeland to be Jewish.

Do you really think that Islamic hatred of the Jewish people is just political and not something that is taught in their Koran as well?

TheBear
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Jul 2010, 4:25 pm

So of course, the ninth shura of the Koran, which last time I checked was pretty violent, has absolutely nothing to do about killing infidels...</sarcasm>

In this case, Zionist=Jew, when we discount the Christian Zionist movement. And how about the Druze, Bedouin, and Circassians in Israel? Somehow I doubt Hamas and Hezbollah see the difference, as long as they wear IDF green. The land on which the State of Israel stands (not counting Gaza, and the West Bank, since they aren't Israeli territory, nor the Golan Heights, since it was won in a war) should be enough for Jews everywhere...since what the UN had so kindly 'gave' us in the 40s was tantamount to robbery.

Wombat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 3:02 am

Let's see.

In 1948 the United Nations described a Jewish state in part of Palestine despite the fact that 90% of the land was owned by Arabs.

So the Jews went apeshit and drove 750,000 Palestinians off their land and into surrounding countries where they live to this day.

Ever since then they have been taking more and more land that wasn't in the original mandate.

Then they proceeded to take more and more land. They have driven a million and a half Palestinians into the Gaza Strip which keeps getting smaller and smaller.

They are taking more and more of the West Bank and East Jerusalem.

"The Jew grabs your throat and screams that he is being attacked".

Where is Hitler when we really need him"?

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 9:27 am

countzarroff wrote:
Why can't they both live in Israel if they both think its so great.

Cause their invisible boogie men don't get along and the Israelis believe in their country should be of pure blood.

?I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me.? - Hunter S. Thompson

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 9:50 am

skafather84 wrote:
countzarroff wrote:

Cause their invisible boogie men don't get along and the Israelis believe in their country should be of pure blood.

Not true. The only "pure blood" types are the ultra-orhtodox which are in the minority in Israel.

ruveyn

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 10:24 am

ruveyn wrote:
skafather84 wrote:
countzarroff wrote:

Not true. The only "pure blood" types are the ultra-orhtodox which are in the minority in Israel.

ruveyn

I was using pure blood as a euphamism for those who are Jewish. Not necessarily one particular bloodline...though, if you are Jewish through your mothers' side and can prove it, you can be pre-approved to be an Israeli citizen.

But no, no bloodlines there. :roll:

TheBear
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Jul 2010, 1:01 pm

Actually Ska, I believe the Law of Return grants automatic Israeli citizenship to anyone who can prove that at least one of their parents or one of their grandparents, either side, is/was Jewish. I think you may have this confused with the traditional method of determining who is a Jew, which is indeed via maternity.

@Wombat: I'm going to ask you to take back your last line re: where's Hitler when you need him? Virtually everyone in my father's family was murdered by the Nazis, with the exception of my grandparents. Those are fighting words.

Israel won the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, and Jerusalem in a war that the Egyptians and Jordanians lost...they are the spoils of that war, and to the victor goes the spoils (although it probably would've been better had they been handed back afterwards given how much trouble they've caused).

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 1:52 pm

TheBear wrote:
Actually Ska, I believe the Law of Return grants automatic Israeli citizenship to anyone who can prove that at least one of their parents or one of their grandparents, either side, is/was Jewish. I think you may have this confused with the traditional method of determining who is a Jew, which is indeed via maternity.

@Wombat: I'm going to ask you to take back your last line re: where's Hitler when you need him? Virtually everyone in my father's family was murdered by the Nazis, with the exception of my grandparents. Those are fighting words.

Israel won the Gaza Strip, the West Bank, and Jerusalem in a war that the Egyptians and Jordanians lost...they are the spoils of that war, and to the victor goes the spoils (although it probably would've been better had they been handed back afterwards given how much trouble they've caused).

Israel is the only nation on earth that has to sue for peace after it has won a war.

ruveyn

skafather84
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2010, 3:14 pm

TheBear wrote:

How does one prove that they're Jewish? What if they were Jewish somewhere in their heritage and it was lost to history? It's an absurd 'right' that just makes the state of Israel more of a joke. Especially in a world that is seeing less national sovereignty with globalization and its various political and economic implications.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2010, 10:17 pm

skafather84 wrote:
John_Browning wrote:
Israel will be at peace when the muslim nations recognize Israel's right to exist. The muslim nations won't, so there will be peace when the muslim nations all attack Israel and Israel annihilates them against all odds.

You hate muslims and think they're all antisemitic regressive suicidals, we get it.

Not all. Some. Read the news papers. When a suicide/homicide bombs goes off who is mostly likely to have pushed the detonator?

ruveyn

ellomo
Raven
Raven

10 Jul 2010, 10:44 pm

Quote from Tim Minchin...

Quote:
If Jews don't eat pigs, and Muslims don't eat pigs, why not, not eat pigs together?

Peace ellomo