Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 1:24 pm

I love it.

Just got back a couple days ago from fishing in Wisconsin with my dad. Fished literally for 6 straight days with breaks only to eat and sleep. We fish for bass and musky, on the trip I caught 3 small (5-10 lb) muskies and my dad caught one much bigger one and we lost probably 10 more between the two of us, plus we got probably 25-30 medium-sized bass and one absolute monster like 5lb smallmouth that was a hell of a fight even on a light musky rod with 20lb test. All catch and release. Fished in pissing rains and high winds and stuff, a couple days were the worst conditions I ever fished in. Loved every minute.

Fishing? Anybody? What do you fish for, where, baits, etc.?

dt18
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Jun 2010, 5:48 pm

amazon_television wrote:
I love it.

Just got back a couple days ago from fishing in Wisconsin with my dad. Fished literally for 6 straight days with breaks only to eat and sleep. We fish for bass and musky, on the trip I caught 3 small (5-10 lb) muskies and my dad caught one much bigger one and we lost probably 10 more between the two of us, plus we got probably 25-30 medium-sized bass and one absolute monster like 5lb smallmouth that was a hell of a fight even on a light musky rod with 20lb test. All catch and release. Fished in pissing rains and high winds and stuff, a couple days were the worst conditions I ever fished in. Loved every minute.

What part of Wisconsin were you in? I'm from Wisconsin.

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 9:54 am

My favorite is fly fishing for smallmouth bass and pike. Streamers for the bass and big deer hair poppers for the pike. Another obsession is trout fishing in small streams with ultra light spinning tackle. For that I drift dry flies with a clear bobber or use small spinners like Rooster Tails or Panther Martins. Gold seems to work the best.

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 2:13 am

dt18 wrote:

What part of Wisconsin were you in? I'm from Wisconsin.

Boulder Junction, Vilas County.

Bass

Muskie

Francis
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jun 2010, 9:19 pm

Quote:

Yes. Noodling for catfish. No bait, just fingers.

Then sometimes its rod-fishing for bass or crappie.