Do you have your watch round your left or right wrist?

Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

SamwiseGamgee
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 12:36 am

I remember this being a big deal for me when I was younger. I couldn't figure out which wrist I should wear my watch on, but I eventually decided on the right wrist. Now that you mention it, I do remember people saying that most people wear it on their left wrist, which is probably why I chose right - I didn't want to be like most people, I wanted to be unique (which is also why I rejected the colour blue).

I don't wear a watch now, but I sometimes wish I did because it's annoying to have to remember to carry a phone around but I need it for alarm reminders and a watch wouldn't let me set that many.

I wear bracelets on both wrists now. My wrists feel weird and vulnerable with no bracelets and plus my left hand is full of stim-friendly jewelery for my right hand to fidget with. :)

Edit: Why can't I ever answer simple questions with simple answers? I always share way more information than was requested or required. :roll:

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 4:47 am

Not that I remember to wear my watch (even though it's a very nice DKNY one), but when I do I wear it on my left wrist because I have more dexterity in my right hand to put it on.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 5:16 am

I wear my watch on my right wrist. It feels weird when I forget to put it on. :)

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

carturo222
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 3:47 pm

When I wore a watch, I used it on my right wrist so that I could easily put it on with my left hand--I'm left handed.

Kat15
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 3:53 pm

I dont wear a watch but if I did it would be on my left, because I write with my right. And its more even.

Withdrawn
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jun 2010, 4:11 pm

It seems like right-handed people have their watches on their left wrists, and in the other way.
I'm right-handed, and have the watch around my right wrist.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 12:46 pm

SamwiseGamgee wrote:

Edit: Why can't I ever answer simple questions with simple answers? I always share way more information than was requested or required. :roll:

I think we might be twins :lol: .....and in the spirit of the above omission, I wanted to name my now 7 year old Samwise but my husband wouldnt let me even if he is a huge Tolkien fan. He is French so he wanted my son to have something his parents could pronounce....we could have called him Sam for short. Oh well, I rarely get what I want....They even made me use Sting music in my wedding and I hate Sting. I liked the Police because they were fun but Sting is boring! I wanted to use Paul McCartney songs...but NOOOOO! :lol:

FireMinstrel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 10:15 am

When I used to wear a watch, I wore it on my right hand so it wouldn't interfere with playing electric guitar or bass. I'm left-handed, so the practical thing for me to do was to wear it on the hand that WASN'T strumming or picking. If I wore it on my strumming/picking hand, the pickups would amplify the sound and create an unwanted "clicking" noise.
My decision on what hand to wear my watch was strictly musical. But now, I just glance at my cell phone. :)

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 10:29 am

Can't stand the feeling of a watch on my wrists but I don't have a cell phone that I use either. I don't have much use for the time normally.

Amber-Miasma
Toucan
Toucan

16 Jun 2010, 10:55 am

My left wrist because I'm right handed and I can adjust it easily that way :)

I once considered wearing several watches adjusted to several different times, mainly out of interest and because I just love the idea of clockwork :D (Do I feel a special interest coming on? O.o).

book_noodles
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 10:59 am

Watches are uncomfortable and I usually lose them within two weeks :oops:

arecibo_
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

16 Jun 2010, 8:07 pm

Left, it just feels right.

I love watches, I go crazy without them.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 9:07 pm

I don't wear a watch for 3 reasons:

1. I hate the feeling of a watch around my wrist.
2. Who uses watches? Everyone has iPods, cell phones, computers, etc. all the time.
3. You have to sync it, adjust it for daylight savings time, etc.

Malachi_Rothschild
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Jun 2010, 9:10 pm

NeverEnder wrote:
No watch (cannot stand the feeling of it hanging on my wrist).

Cellphone for time.

If I did wear one, it would be on my left wrist, though.

Same.

melbi
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 9:51 pm

Left.
I need my watch on at all times except for shower and sleep. I feel extremely insecure without it.

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jun 2010, 10:14 pm

The reason you wear your watch on the left wrist is the prevent damage to the crystal, which happens if your wear
it on your primary hand or right hand, The same rules apply for south paws, they wear theirs on the right wrist.
I remember my uncle telling me this, I was always breaking my wristband and cracking the crystal