Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 3:53 pm

According to some news stories today, the U.S. Government is incapable of keeping track of the bodies. It turns out some of the graves at Arlington National Cemetary are not even marked or properly registered and some some the cremated remains of persons to be interred at Arlington ended up in dump sections of the cemetary.

It turns out our government does not even know where the bodies are buried or who is buried. Way to go, U.S. government! And these are the people who are supposed to guard us from enemies and disaster. Poor us!

See http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 0061005754

ruveyn

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 5:52 pm

Not all that unusual, really.
Check out the final resting places of famous people. Mozart was dumped in a pauper's grave, and the cemetery has a marker, but his grave is not known for sure. Da Vinci's body was dis-interred and his bones mixed up with other people's. The grave of Jacob Waltz, the famous Dutchman who lost his mine in the Superstition Mountains was lost when his grave was flooded and his marker floated to the far end of the cemetery.
There's even a story of an Amierikan woman vacationing in Moscow whose body was mixed up with a Russian general and accidently buried in the Kremlin. The General's body was shipped to the USA in her place.
Stuff happens even after you die ......

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2010, 6:46 pm

a) They're dead, and b) as remains from battlefields across the years it's an absolute certainty that some are misidentified anyway. :roll:

The year is still young.