Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

DiabloDave363
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 11:07 am

Believe it or not I have heard this on the chat rooms. For those of you who believe in genocide for the NTs, why do you believe in such a horrible thing? Give me some reason thats all I'm asking.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 12:54 pm

DiabloDave363 wrote:
Believe it or not I have heard this on the chat rooms. For those of you who believe in genocide for the NTs, why do you believe in such a horrible thing? Give me some reason thats all I'm asking.

Any time I've ever seen anything like what you're mentioning, it's always seemed to be a joke to me.

Maybe I'm just naive, but I don't think that's the case. To me, it's just dark humor most of the time. I usually get quite a laugh out of it.

Just people expressing their massive frustration at having too often not been accepted for who they are man!

I can't tell you how many times I've had feelings like "NUKE THE WORLD!"

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

DemonAbyss10
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 1:50 pm

MrXxx wrote:
DiabloDave363 wrote:

Any time I've ever seen anything like what you're mentioning, it's always seemed to be a joke to me.

Maybe I'm just naive, but I don't think that's the case. To me, it's just dark humor most of the time. I usually get quite a laugh out of it.

Just people expressing their massive frustration at having too often not been accepted for who they are man!

I can't tell you how many times I've had feelings like "NUKE THE WORLD!"

Indeed so, and mad props for having steven wright as your forum avatar, he owns :D

Yes, I do have a DeviantArt, it is at.... http://demonabyss10.deviantart.com/

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 1:56 pm

DemonAbyss10 wrote:
...and mad props for having steven wright as your forum avatar, he owns :D

Thanks man! It's only temporary though. I've got many more, and plan to switch out now and again to display my many sides. 8)

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 2:09 pm

Only the nasty NT's.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 2:11 pm

Actually, I think it's bigotry to say that and a racist comment even though NT isn't a race. I don't think they should be eliminated. I think only bad people should be.

outlander
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

12 Jun 2010, 2:11 pm

This sort of response is a wake up message to the rest of the world. A similar response was seen (in another venue) about dwarfism. Someone was advocating aborting a fetus which had the genes for dwarfism. In one response a dwarf couple offered to take any dwarf child that was brought full term when the alternative was abortion, and one dwarf woman expressed the idea that she should abort any child she had if genetic testing showed it was not going to be a dwarf. Her response was fairly clearly rhetorical.

To effectively declare an entire group of people to be not worthy of life because genes showed that they had some particular characteristic regarded by many to be a defect will likely be repugnant to members of that group. Suppose there was a genetic test for "kinky hair" (or "blue eyes") and someone wanted to abort a baby because it had that gene. Most would say that is repugnant, and potentially an insult to everyone who has kinky hair.

In my own case of Aspergers Syndrome, it has given me the ability to make some accomplishments that not many succeed at. So to write off Aspergers babies is to negate much of my life's work and say that other people are better. Them's fighten words to me! The social cowardice in the way our society has dealt with the abortion issue and the lack of careful consideration of how to regulate it (ranging from not allowing it at all, to at the will of the mother) is at the root of the matter. Speaking from a U.S. perspective, our politicians who have been complete cowards on this and let the Supreme Court usurp legislative power, are grossly at fault.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 2:18 pm

If only people would go with the easy way... make sure you remain childless/not pregnant for life or never impregnate someone if you do not want a child or only want a child with/out certain characteristics... but that would be too simple and positive :roll:

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 2:19 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Actually, I think it's bigotry to say that and a racist comment even though NT isn't a race. I don't think they should be eliminated. I think only bad people should be.

Unfortunately, what constitutes a "bad person" is subjective to your own/someone else's personal opinion so it is unrealistic.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 2:23 pm

Peko wrote:
If only people would go with the easy way... make sure you remain childless/not pregnant for life or never impregnate someone if you do not want a child or only want a child with/out certain characteristics... but that would be too simple and positive :roll:

HERE! HERE!

Now that's the most sensible comment on this matter yet!

The truth is often so simple it escapes the masses.

kia_williams
Raven
Raven

12 Jun 2010, 3:50 pm

*Gets the popcorn* I hope im not late ... okay, i always am... damn wheres the apocalypse?

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 4:02 pm

kia_williams wrote:
*Gets the popcorn* I hope im not late ... okay, i always am... damn wheres the apocalypse?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I got the beer! C'mon over! Show hasn't started yet, they're still rolling the credits.

MindBlind
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 4:13 pm

DiabloDave363 wrote:

WOW! I used to know this one guy who hated on NT's that much, but I didn't think that there were more of that fuckface. He said that the reason why he was proud of his asperger was because it distanced him from those who abused him, so I suppose he was hurt in the past. Still doesn't excuse it.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2010, 4:50 pm

Genocide?! Yikes! Thankfully I haven't seen that sentiment here or I would never have lasted a year. I am NT and would not want to converse with people who want me dead. But nobody ever has said they do.

kia_williams
Raven
Raven

12 Jun 2010, 5:41 pm

The whole NTs should be killed off and Autism Genocide has been around for at least a year or two if not longer.

I'll have a joke about it and sometimes, i'll honestly say things like "how have these illogical emotionally driven NTs NOT mutually annihilated yet? (seem to be trying hard sometimes)".

but ultimately, i dont think NTs should be terminated, because beyond the jokes and the none comprehension of how some people behave, i remind myself alot, most people are just ordinary self involved 9-5's who arent out to harm others or do anything but work, rest and play, NT OR AS.

The problem comes in that recent issues are sparking some peoples survival instinct big time, add to that the basis of much of todays treatment by professionals, NTs and researchers seems to be
"Its different therefore its a disease" and on some level i think anyone intelligent enough will realise perhaps subconsciously, that that's pretty damn flawed

because the "standard" of determination isnt, the fatality of ASD, isnt the survivability of an ASD sufferer outside of society, the basis for determining ASD is a disease/disorder and needs to be "cured"...

Is that people with AS brains, do not cope or present well in a society, culture or environment developed over the centuries by our more vocal and "do it" cousins the NTs for themselves.

WE know deep down the essential criteria of our label is as valid as the notion Victorian English explorers had of aboriginals being non human/black due to illness/mentally ret*d because they didn't 'get' british city life in london.

We know on a level its flawed and based on Partiality not Impartiality, and we know there are very vocal very well financed groups out there, looking to "cure" us.

So its quite natural that some people feel EXTREMELY threatened and express such urges.

Play with history a bit and introduce aboriginals to society for the first time now (remebering there was no prior discovery, no luther king, none of it.) and how do you think those aboriginals would be labelled? something like autistics are by any chance? something to be studied and discovered the cause of? something probably disordered?

RedTatsu
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Jun 2010, 2:59 pm

kia_williams wrote:
The problem comes in that recent issues are sparking some peoples survival instinct big time, add to that the basis of much of todays treatment by professionals, NTs and researchers seems to be
"Its different therefore its a disease" and on some level i think anyone intelligent enough will realise perhaps subconsciously, that that's pretty damn flawed...

... So its quite natural that some people feel EXTREMELY threatened and express such urges.

That's an interesting thought. Now that I think about it, people who think that all NTs are bad could be reacting that way because of an "us or them" mentality. And as you also pointed out, it follows a pattern that is prevalent in human history. I've felt unsafe when I've heard the sort of idiocy that Autism Speaks says, so it makes sense that some people may be having a fight or flight reaction.