Page 2 of 3 [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

steve30
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Oct 2010, 11:00 am

Unfortunately, they reconsidered the decision and refused it again. So it will go to a tribunal.

The letter says I will probably have to wait till March 2011 for that though.

Hopefully that will be successful.

kleodimus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 7:32 pm

i get DLA and ESA which totals to £400 a month

amber_missy
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Nov 2010, 10:19 am

steve30 wrote:
Unfortunately, they reconsidered the decision and refused it again. So it will go to a tribunal.

The letter says I will probably have to wait till March 2011 for that though.

Hopefully that will be successful.

Best of luck!

Still haven't approached the topic with my partner... Will get round to it sometime! :roll:

steve30
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

11 Jan 2011, 2:32 pm

I got a copy of the report written by the psychiatrist who diagnosed me a few years ago and am sending that off to the Tribunals Service. Hopefully I will also see my new GP about it in the near future.

In case anyone is interested, the reason they have given for refusing me the benefit is that I actually attended their compulsory medical examination. They have basically just copied and pasted half the report in the list of reasons.

jamieboy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2011, 5:12 am

steve30 wrote:
I got a copy of the report written by the psychiatrist who diagnosed me a few years ago and am sending that off to the Tribunals Service. Hopefully I will also see my new GP about it in the near future.

In case anyone is interested, the reason they have given for refusing me the benefit is that I actually attended their compulsory medical examination. They have basically just copied and pasted half the report in the list of reasons.

I'm guessing that not attending the examination will also result in the refusal of beneift.

steve30
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Jan 2011, 8:47 am

jamieboy wrote:
steve30 wrote:

I'm guessing that not attending the examination will also result in the refusal of beneift.

Yes. If you refuse to attend your claim is canceled.

wblastyn
Veteran
Veteran

08 Feb 2011, 6:15 pm

steve30 wrote:
I'm not really sure how they would be able to help. Out of interest, what help did they provide you?

But hopefully I will be successful.

Sorry I completely forgot about this thread.

Someone from the NAS came to my house to help me fill in the form. She went through the form with me and took note of my answers to the questions, then she took the form away and filled it in for me. She then brought the form back to me and let me check through it to make sure everything was accurate. Basically, the NAS know what the DLA people are looking for, and how to word it so that it goes in your favour. Also, other people are allowed to fill it in for you, I think there's a place for them to sign on the form. It's helpful to have someone with experience as they can help jog your memory about certain issues, etc. Eg. if you suffer from depression you could be at risk of injuring yourself, or if you sometimes forget to eat then you could be at risk of neglecting yourself, etc.

You should also speak to your GP btw, because they usually don't have a clue about AS or how it effects you. Make sure they know the type of support you need, things you struggle with, etc.

bjcirceleb
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

13 Feb 2011, 2:33 am

Make sure you give any professional, ie, GP that is involved in your care a copy of your application, so they are fully aware of what you have written and why and if they fill in any forms what they say matches up to what you say, etc. Keep a copy of everything, and make sure all your doctors do the same thing.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Feb 2011, 3:54 pm

Yes i do claim DLA and i get middle rate for personal care but don't get the mobility one as i can travel independently on my own.